Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

What is Knox and do i need it?

OP Streykatorato

4th November 2013, 06:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

220 posts
More
Hi there! I recently got my Note 3 and i want to root it! I'm always been rooting my devices. But i've never had a Samsung before.. and i read about Triangle Flasher, Odin and the new thing Knox? I want to root my Note 3, what disadvantages do i get by that? It's a European SM-N9005! How can i root it in a safe way? Do i need Knox? And what happens if i trigger the knox limit and the triangle flasher limit?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th November 2013, 08:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streykatorato

Hi there! I recently got my Note 3 and i want to root it! I'm always been rooting my devices. But i've never had a Samsung before.. and i read about Triangle Flasher, Odin and the new thing Knox? I want to root my Note 3, what disadvantages do i get by that? It's a European SM-N9005! How can i root it in a safe way? Do i need Knox? And what happens if i trigger the knox limit and the triangle flasher limit?

If you trigger knox, your warranty is void. Nothing else happens. The warranty can't be recovered by unrooting your device again. Therefore it is important to keep Knox untriggered, if you want to be able to use ur warranty in the future. You can root without triggering knox, but you have to be VERY careful when you root. You have to pick a root method that doesn't trigger Knox. And even then you can't install a custom rom, otherwise knox will get triggered. There is a possibility that knox will get figured out and we can do everything without worrying but no one knows for now.

I haven't heard about the triangle flasher limit yet. What is it and what does it do?

Sent from my Note 3
4th November 2013, 09:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallerbabz

If you trigger knox, your warranty is void. Nothing else happens. The warranty can't be recovered by unrooting your device again. Therefore it is important to keep Knox untriggered, if you want to be able to use ur warranty in the future. You can root without triggering knox, but you have to be VERY careful when you root. You have to pick a root method that doesn't trigger Knox. And even then you can't install a custom rom, otherwise knox will get triggered. There is a possibility that knox will get figured out and we can do everything without worrying but no one knows for now.

I haven't heard about the triangle flasher limit yet. What is it and what does it do?

Sent from my Note 3

What about software updates?

4th November 2013, 09:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

108 posts
More
Hello,I have a note 3 AT&T and I don't see Knox anywhere on my device. Where would I look for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
4th November 2013, 09:05 PM   |  #5  

108 posts
Quote:

What about software updates?

What about it?

Sent from my Note 3
4th November 2013, 09:07 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

220 posts
More
Quote:

What about it?

Sent from my Note 3

Will i be able to do normal software updates, like when KikKat comes for the Note 3?

4th November 2013, 09:09 PM   |  #7  

108 posts
Quote:

Will i be able to do normal software updates, like when KikKat comes for the Note 3?

If knox is triggered? Yeah, sure. It's just about your warranty.

Sent from my Note 3
4th November 2013, 09:09 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

220 posts
More
Chainfire said something about that samsung knox firmware will be unavalable to update.. but knox is in every update?

4th November 2013, 09:11 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

220 posts
More
And warranty depends on carrier and retailer? like hardware damage! And then knox won't be a problem

4th November 2013, 09:12 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

220 posts
More
Quote:

If knox is triggered? Yeah, sure. It's just about your warranty.

Sent from my Note 3

So im safe to root?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread