Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom update guide?

Tip us?

insaneclown23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rom update guide?

Hello everyone im new to the forum, i have a t mobile vario, i have managed to unlock it curtusy of lokiwiz unlock 0.2a. i have a few questions if someone could help me on

1. on the unlocker software there is a option of CID unlocking, what is this?

2. is there any differences between the different variations of the wizard, 02 mini, tmobile vario, kjam, qtek.... which has the better firmware??

3. can i put either kjam or qtek firmware on my vario?

Many thanks peeps :lol:

tdodd
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Speaking as an MDA Vario owner who has reflashed with the k-jam ROM (and now can't go back!) I would say the only benefit of changing ROM is to enable 802.11g network access, which T-Mobile disabled in software.

There appear to be no other benefits. On the downside there are features that come with the Vario that do not work with the k-jam ROM. e.g. the email setup wizard does not work. Hardly a showstopper but an example. There is also an error message on resetting about elatepushservices.exe not found or not signed. Again, it doesn't seem to cause a problem but why klutz your machine up without a good reason to do so? The version numbers of everything that comes with the Vario also seem to be higher than the k-jam ROM, which I'm guessing is a good thing.

Unless you simply must have 802.11g connectivity, as well as 802.11b, my recommendation would be to leave well alone. It will also make warranty support much easier.

insaneclown23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
oh ok so is that the only major difference then. i find my vario isn't that stable. my device currently reads

rom version 1.3.2.2 enu
rom date 9/25/05
radio version 01.04.10
protocol version 4.0.13.17
extrom version 1.3.2.102

did u use ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/ for your firmware?

tdodd
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneclown23
oh ok so is that the only major difference then. i find my vario isn't that stable. my device currently reads

rom version 1.3.2.2 enu
rom date 9/25/05
radio version 01.04.10
protocol version 4.0.13.17
extrom version 1.3.2.102

did u use ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/ for your firmware?
I did use the clubimate ftp ROM and my equivalent figures, with the Vario extended ROM remaining, are....

rom version 1.1.9.3
rom date 9/16/05
radio version 01.01.10
protocol version 4.0.13.16
extrom version 1.3.2.102

so all my version numbers are lower than yours excep the extended ROM, which I saved from my Vario.

I don't recall the Vario ROM being less stable than the k-jam but you need to be very careful what software you install as there is a lot of stuff that is not 100% WM5 compatible. It might install and it might run but it might also crash or destabilise your machine. I have only installed the T-Nobile supplied GPRS monitor, Total Commander, TomTom 5.21 and a couple of GPS utilities and that's it.

As soon as you start throwing in today plugins and other system utilities that are less than 100% WM5 compatible you are asking for trouble, IMHO.

JayRayMee.NL
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi there,

I just looked on the FTP, but is there any Dutch K-Jam/Qtek 9100 ROM available for the MDA Vario?

Thanks!!

Jeremy.

greddy
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
on the ftp i can see:

RUU_Prodigy_1030710_110_10410_Qtek_NLD_Ship.exe

-> uploads/htc wizard

this is right for you

Panja
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRayMee.NL
Hi there,

I just looked on the FTP, but is there any Dutch K-Jam/Qtek 9100 ROM available for the MDA Vario?

Thanks!!

Jeremy.
Just check the XDA-Dev. FTP site.
There you can find the Dutch rom which greddy pointed out.

ftp.xda-developers.com
user = xda
pass = xda

::
:: Google Nexus 7 (2013) ...
:: TWRP 2.7.0.0 :: CleanROM 2.7 ...

insaneclown23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hmmm by the looks of it i might hold out until theres some newer rom updates with significant improvements. at the mo it looks like theres only a few tweeks and i dont wana risk bricking my vario.

t mobile released updates for the mda compact and mda II http://t-mobile.iris-global.com/mdas.html

maybe they'll release some for the vario???

bill_viper
Old
Thanks Meter 10
For us we own an english version of Qtek 9100 in which site we'll find the future ROM Updates?

insaneclown23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
have you tried xda developers ftp site? ftp://xda-developers.com/ or dont qtek have a support area?