5,593,458 Members 36,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][JB] How to change the boot logo/splash image in Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ?(not animation)

Tip us?

mr.nameless_24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q][JB] How to change the boot logo/splash image in Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ?(not animation)

?? i just extract the boot.img file using cygwin android kitchen in advanced option the option 12 but nothing logo.rle ... i just read some thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post47139212

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2338
The splash screen / logo isn't so much ROM dependent as it is device dependent
What I mean is that is stored in different places on different phones often it will be in its own separate partition, sometimes part of a kernel, sometimes paramfs
You need to find out where it is stored in your device before you can find out how to change it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr.nameless_24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
The splash screen / logo isn't so much ROM dependent as it is device dependent
What I mean is that is stored in different places on different phones often it will be in its own separate partition, sometimes part of a kernel, sometimes paramfs
You need to find out where it is stored in your device before you can find out how to change it

thank you sir for the reply ..im just a noob in cgwin ... just studying about the android kitchen because i want to find out how to change my device splash screen ....hehe thank you for lots of information by the way sir would you mind if i ask another question is there any file extension of a splash image ?.. so that i can find it easily by myself ?

my device is just like in the other forum ..but i want to find it out .. i exploring new things ...hehe

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2338
Unfortunately I don't know specifics to your phone, if it is in a separate partition you most likely won't be able to list it as it wouldn't be an active partition.
I would start by grabbing the stock software and firmware and trying to sift through it with either a hex editor, not always fun but unless you find someone who knows specifically where in your device its located it may be hard to find... But it may be quick and easy
Best of luck

The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr.nameless_24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Unfortunately I don't know specifics to your phone, if it is in a separate partition you most likely won't be able to list it as it wouldn't be an active partition.
I would start by grabbing the stock software and firmware and trying to sift through it with either a hex editor, not always fun but unless you find someone who knows specifically where in your device its located it may be hard to find... But it may be quick and easy
Best of luck

this is my phone specification
http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_a9+-5194.php

i just update my phone with this guide in xda
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42891019
and then there files Like AP Firmware and BP Firmware

Click image for larger version

Name:	Root.png
Views:	12
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	2376732