Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S4 + Android 4.3 + Kies 3 - No Outlook Sync

Tip us?

igruberger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Galaxy S4 + Android 4.3 + Kies 3 - No Outlook Sync

Hi! After upgrading my S4 to 4.3, I tried to sync it with my Outlook PIM, only to receive the instruction to install Kies 3, since 2.6 doesn┤t support 4.3. After connecting my phone I had the sad surprise: no Outlook sync tab!!! Since I use my phone to work, this became an extremelly anoying issue.

After trying to find any possibility of workaround and/or other alternatives, with little practical success, I came to the conclusion a thread focused in discussing these issues would only add to those (like me) who want to use their S4 PIM capabilities together with Outlook, Notes and other similar applications.

These are the questions:
- What about Kies 3 - do anyone knows if they are planning to include Outlook sync again?
- What are the alternatives to obtain a two way sync between S4 and Outlook (and others)?
- What is the alternative to those who use other personal e-mail accounts than Gmail or Outlook/Hotmail to sync PIM through Gmail and/or Outlook?
- What are the apps that solve the whole problem? (most of them doesn┤t sync calendar, for instance...)?
- Is Google Apps an alternative?

I was wondering if we could share experiences in order to make this thread a repository for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to igruberger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NapaPaul
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default No Outlook sync for Kies 3?

I love surprises too.

I add my voice to the questions above. How can Samsung release Kies 3 without Outlook sync capability? My phone updated automatically to 4.3, then I was forced to download Kies 3, being told Kies 2.6 would no longer work under 4.3.

This is more than a nuisance. Is Samsung trying to get me to use something other than their product?
The Following User Says Thank You to NapaPaul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krish.cgp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Upgraded to 4.3 and now no sync :(

Myself in the same situation, I got my phone not booting up and struck with 'Logo'. Giving to the support centre they delivered back the phone with with a software upgrade which is Androd 4.3, saying that solved the problem

Now I have my contacts, calendar, tasks and notes in Outlook and no clue how do I get back as the Kies 3 is not having any sync option and 2.6 says my device not supported

Let me know if anyone sees a workaround on this.

Krish
The Following User Says Thank You to krish.cgp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kimhuff
Old
(Last edited by kimhuff; 10th November 2013 at 10:37 AM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy This is CRAP!

I had read somewhere that android was going to stop allowing people to sync with Outlook. I dont know if that is what is going on here or if it is just Samsung's Kies software. I had to go months without syncing when I upgraded my Office to 2013. Now it looks like I not only cannot sync, but there isnt even an option to sync.

ARGH! I am going to have to switch to an iPhone and I hate Apple devices.

I don't know who is doing this and I don't care. Samsung, Google/Android, or Microsoft - get your sh*t together! It is only the consumer that is suffering here. Do not force me to pick between my Outlook and my Android, cause Outlook will win EVERY TIME! I don't want gmail and I don't like being forced into using it.

Kim
The Following User Says Thank You to kimhuff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nazarr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Lies 3.0?

I agree Samsung better get its act together,because there are some samsungnites which will drop the Galaxys forst,before dropping Outlook. If Samsung continue to be first in line than they better not chnage their formulation,because as of right now it suXX!!!. Has anyone read or seen any posts on this issue in behafl of Samsung tech support or their public relations office?
The Following User Says Thank You to nazarr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zxmartin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Angry Too long already!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazarr View Post
I agree Samsung better get its act together,because there are some samsungnites which will drop the Galaxys forst,before dropping Outlook. If Samsung continue to be first in line than they better not chnage their formulation,because as of right now it suXX!!!. Has anyone read or seen any posts on this issue in behafl of Samsung tech support or their public relations office?
I have been searching up and down. Finally, I found this forum. This is the only piece of anyone talking about this issue with Kies 3 and Syncing with Outlook. The other app options are really bad. I hate to say it, but this makes the IPHONE & ITUNES sync look like a dream; and it syncs everything. I will wait 2 weeks and switch. I use Outlook for business. There is nothing that overrides that it the Android platform. I am not interested in Syncing with google.
The Following User Says Thank You to zxmartin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BartHell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile New version of Kies3 on its way?

On a Dutch "complaints" site, I have found following reaction from Samsung Benelux to a similar complaint (short translation follows):

"REACTIE SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS BENELUX

Geplaatst op: 13-11-2013, 19 uur 12 min geleden.

Geachte Stenger,
Wij betreuren het dat u op dit moment niet uw agenda en contacten kunt synchroniseren met Outlook via Kies. Inderdaad klopt het dat Kies3 een Beta versie betreft en dat de mogelijkheid om te synchroniseren hier niet bij zit.
Op 15 november zal er een nieuwe update van Kies beschikbaar zijn wat u kunt downloaden en installeren, waarbij de synchronisatie functie weer te gebruiken is.
Tot die tijd vragen wij u om uw geduld hiervoor.
Hopende u hiermee voldoende ge´nformeerd te hebben.
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Imran
Samsung WebCare"

What Samsung Benelux announces is a new release of Kies3 AGAIN WITH OUTLOOK SYNC FUNCTIONALITY for November 15, 2013 (tomorrow)! Uptill now, I haven't found a confirmation elsewhere on the Internet. Let's hope it's true.

Nevertheless, as a loyal Samsung user I'm still very disappointed by their crappy firmware update and "beta Kies3" communication ...

biggersilhouette
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is ridiculous, my Galaxy S4 upgraded to 4.3, so Kies 2.6 no longer recognises it. So I installed Kies 3, which tells me "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies". When I do an upgrade check on my phone, I get a message telling me that my phone has been modified and updates are not supported. I also own a Samsung Note 8, which surprise surprise, does not work with Kies 3! So I have to keep switching between the 2 and now have a device which appears can no longer be updated by either KIES or OTA! .... Life is good!

sa1tine
Old
Thanks Meter 58
surprise! you are on xda, firmware updates are available to download as they come out

BartHell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy New version of Kies3 on its way?

New reaction from Samsung Benelux on the Dutch complaint:

REACTIE SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS BENELUX

Geplaatst op: 19-11-2013, 21 uur 50 min geleden.

Geachte Stenger,
Het euvel blijft bestaan bij de versies die nu operationeel zijn. De nieuwe versie is jammer genoeg helaas nog niet beschikbaar en heeft wat vertraging opgelopen, wat de reden is dat deze nog steeds niet is uitgebracht.
Onze excuses voor het ongemak wat u hiermee ondervind.
Graag nog wat geduld hiervoor.
Bedankt voor uw begrip.
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Imran
Samsung WebCare
Samsung Benelux recognizes the missing sync functionality is an issue, but the development of an updated version of Kies3 has some delay... (I suppose we're not surprised!). They keep saying a new version will come and they ask us for some more patience. Unfortunately, no new release date is mentioned. How disappointing... again.

Tags
4.3, android, kies 3, outlook