Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][2.3+] VideoBee -> Netup: Combine WiFi and Cellular for Faster Mobile Internet

OP ShoelaceWireless

6th November 2013, 02:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine
Thanks Meter: 83

129 posts
More
NEWS:
  • Dec. 16, 2014: We have launched the Kickstarter Campaign for Netup. Back us now for faster mobile Internet and help us spread the word!
  • Dec, 2014: As you all requested, we developed Netup, the evolution of VideoBee that can combine WiFi and cellular to boost all your apps. Our Kickstarter campaign for Netup will launch on Dec. 16. Please help us spread the word and sign up here for notification.
  • Oct 3, 2014: We just added support for NCT (NhacCuaTui), featuring the latest English music videos, alongside Korean and Vietnamese videos.
  • Sep 18, 2014: We just updated VideoBee to fully support Zing Mp3.
  • Aug 18, 2014: Get the most out of your cellular data! Introducing Smart Dual: intelligently monitor your streaming experience and only enable cellular when WiFi is insufficient.
  • Aug 3, 2014: The latest versions of VideoBee (v0.4.1+) allow you to enjoy your videos uninterruptedly while moving between networks.
  • Jul 11, 2014: Version 0.4 is released with support for YouTube HD streaming!
  • May 24, 2014: Version 0.3 is released with support for LIVE STREAMING!
  • Mar 15, 2014: Version 0.2 is released!
  • Mar 13, 2014: Hongkiat blog posted a featured article on VideoBee.
  • Jan 16, 2014: VideoBee gets a featured article on Android Pipe.
  • Dec 29, 2013: VideoBee Open Beta version is released!
  • Dec 19, 2013: The Brazillian Mobile Time has a featured article on VideoBee (in Portuguese).
  • Dec 16, 2013: We did an interview with Allison from NosillaCast. Also check out their blog post about us.
  • Dec 5, 2013: Just found out an article about VideoBee in Spanish at Androidayuda by José M. López. Thanks!
  • Dec 4, 2013: We just released version 21 that provides full support for KitKat! This version also has Facebook and Twitter integration.
  • Nov 25, 2013: Next version of VideoBee supporting KitKat is coming this week. We are in final testing stage!
  • Nov 14, 2013: We presented among the cutting-edge start-ups on Innovation Day at MEF
  • Nov 10, 2013: VideoBee now got 1500+ testers on board.
  • Nov 9, 2013: Thanks so much for the overwhelming positive responses: 850 and counting. I am sending out the invitation as soon as I can.
  • Nov 8, 2013: The front-page portal article by egzthunder1. Thanks!

NETUP: VIDEOBEE 2.0

Check out Netup, the evolution of VideoBee that you all requested here:

THE ORIGINAL VIDEOBEE

Hello XDA members,

My name is Anh and I am part of a mobile startup company, Shoelace Wireless. I have been around the XDA forums for a while and decided this community would be a great place to share our new project as a Private Beta.

What are you sharing with us?
VideoBee is a showcase app for a networking technology we developed that enables a user to make use of cellular, WiFi, and Bluetooth connections simultaneously in order to stream videos faster.

Features include:
  • Solo mode (one device): VideoBee essentially provides Samsung Galaxy S5 Download Booster for videos but not limited to just Galaxy S5 or LTE. It uses both WiFi and cellular networks at the same time (instead of switching between them) to increase your speed. No more stalling!
  • Group mode (two devices): this mode allows you to create a group and connect two nearby devices through Bluetooth. It then combines the bandwidth from both devices to stream the video faster. You can watch the same video on both devices or just on one of them (and use the second screen for statistics). During Beta, group mode is limited to two devices.

Sites supported
  • Video streaming: VideoBee currently helps you to stream your favorite videos from YouTube, Yahoo Screen, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion, as well as live channels from Ustream (Android 4.0+), using their familiar web interfaces. (Due to Yahoo Screen and Dailymotion restrictions, some videos may not support Solo Mode: WiFi + cellular.)
  • Video download: VideoBee now supports download of videos from Yahoo Screen, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and Metacafe, at high speed in Solo mode or Group mode.

VideoBee does NOT require root and works on 99% of Android devices (2.3.3+)

Video Demonstration

Screenshots

We are planning on adding more features, but for now we are debugging and working out any issues we currently have in the app. We are seeking your feedback and thoughts on the technology, any bugs you may find, and also any suggestions for improvements or new features you would like us to implement. Please give us your feedback using the in-app Feedback button, or in this thread, or send your thoughts to dev@shoelacewireless.com.

How can I be part of the beta?
You can also download the latest APK here.

Thank you all so much for making XDA the community that it is!

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):

- Q: Why does it stop buffering after a while?
A: VideoBee currently only pre-fetches 30MB of the currently playing video. When the video progresses, it will fetch more.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ShoelaceWireless
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ShoelaceW
Visit us at: http://www.shoelacewireless.com/
Last edited by ShoelaceWireless; 17th December 2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Update news
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to ShoelaceWireless For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2013, 02:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 297

792 posts
Sounds fantastic! Will be signing up for this Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khaiyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2013, 05:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine

129 posts
More
First batch of invitation sent out! Please let me know your comments/feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShoelaceWireless For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #4  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 74

144 posts
Donate to Me
Looks great! Just signed up for the beta. Can't wait to finally watch a stable stream of HD quality video on my potato WiFi + LTE Data and save a bit more on my monthly plan.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to frodriguez96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2013, 05:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodriguez96

Looks great! Just signed up for the beta. Can't wait to finally watch a stable stream of HD quality video on my potato WiFi + LTE Data and save a bit more on my monthly plan.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just sent you the invitation. Let me know how it works
6th November 2013, 07:06 AM   |  #6  
Flag Salvador
Thanks Meter: 22

208 posts
More
send to me too ! enzodonto@gmail.com

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to brenogbi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2013, 08:10 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenogbi

send to me too ! enzodonto@gmail.com

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I just sent out a new batch of invitation! Please let me know how it works for you
6th November 2013, 07:58 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine

129 posts
More
I just sent out another batch of invitation. Please let me know your experience/suggestions. It would be great if you leave info confirming on which hardware VideoBee runs!
6th November 2013, 11:02 PM   |  #9  
Flag B'ham, AL
Thanks Meter: 369

439 posts
More
This looks interesting. I'll have to try this out on my trip tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dredz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2013, 11:19 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irvine

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredz

This looks interesting. I'll have to try this out on my trip tomorrow.

Hi Dredz, I just sent out another batch. Let me know if you got the invitation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShoelaceWireless For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread