Your neighborhood Verizon Account Rep - ask me!

Search This thread

icemike557

Dec 17, 2012
Does Verizon offer discounts for first responders and if so, what is needed to receive the discount and about how much is it?

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
I used to have an app to toggle between 3 and 4 G but no longer remember it nor do I know if it works in lollipop? Anyone know an app to do this? My phone just struggles to keep LTE and takes forever to switch to 3G. I'd like to be able to do it myself. Thanks!

csmoninghoff

May 17, 2015
Problem just started after May 12th upgrade...

I have only owned this phone for three weeks. It upgraded on May 12th...here's the new and very annoying issue...when I hit the button (bottom, center), the screen shows for one second and then goes black. If I do not immediately swipe the screen, it goes black. If I'm not fast enough, the screen goes black and I have to hit the button again. I contacted the Samsung chat and was told to power off, take out and put battery back in), start it in safe mode. I saw the safe mode words in the bottom left corner for that whopping split second and then the screen when black again. The chat rep said there's no way to get rid of the upgrade. Please let me know if there's a way to get the start screen to remain after pressing the button. Thanks!

VillaCastana321

Sep 16, 2010
Somewhere Under The Sun
Does Verizon offer discounts for first responders and if so, what is needed to receive the discount and about how much is it?

They normally do issue a discount to fire medical and police. All you would need is a work stub from your placing of employment or if you have a work email they can verify the discount through your job. And roughly I'd guess around 15%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VillaCastana321

Sep 16, 2010
Somewhere Under The Sun
I have only owned this phone for three weeks. It upgraded on May 12th...here's the new and very annoying issue...when I hit the button (bottom, center), the screen shows for one second and then goes black. If I do not immediately swipe the screen, it goes black. If I'm not fast enough, the screen goes black and I have to hit the button again. I contacted the Samsung chat and was told to power off, take out and put battery back in), start it in safe mode. I saw the safe mode words in the bottom left corner for that whopping split second and then the screen when black again. The chat rep said there's no way to get rid of the upgrade. Please let me know if there's a way to get the start screen to remain after pressing the button. Thanks!

Have you tried wiping the phone back to stock to see if the issue is still present? Or attempting any software update from Samsung that would help fix the issue?

VillaCastana321

Sep 16, 2010
Somewhere Under The Sun
I used to have an app to toggle between 3 and 4 G but no longer remember it nor do I know if it works in lollipop? Anyone know an app to do this? My phone just struggles to keep LTE and takes forever to switch to 3G. I'd like to be able to do it myself. Thanks!

Off top I can't think of one. I've become so rusty at android since transitioning from working at Verizon to now working at Apple over the course of 9 months. Sorry

PartyDroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 28, 2012
Sweden
LOS

I just started my services with VZW on the 2nd. And my wife and i have had alot of LOS ever since we got our new phones from tele.a.sales we got the reconditions Note 3. we really like our phones (But) we really also miss the Rooting. I am a Pageplus Dealer and when we were on Page+ services (yes there are using VZW towers) but we never had these issues and i am thinking about canceling my contract had head back to Page+. Any advise please. B4 I make a choice.

VillaCastana321

Sep 16, 2010
Somewhere Under The Sun
I just started my services with VZW on the 2nd. And my wife and i have had alot of LOS ever since we got our new phones from tele.a.sales we got the reconditions Note 3. we really like our phones (But) we really also miss the Rooting. I am a Pageplus Dealer and when we were on Page+ services (yes there are using VZW towers) but we never had these issues and i am thinking about canceling my contract had head back to Page+. Any advise please. B4 I make a choice.

I must say that is quite mind boggling and that is correct. Page plus does use Verizon's towers. Have you tried a SIM card swap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PartyDroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 28, 2012
Sweden
I must say that is quite mind boggling and that is correct. Page plus does use Verizon's towers. Have you tried a SIM card swap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes we Did. We know long have the Note 3's we traded them in back to VZW have 8-9 days of the same problem. So they just upgraded our phone now to the S5's. which I have tried and re-tried a lot of rom flashing trying to find one that makes me happier. I really like the Note 4 UI. So I am trying to find a note 4 UI to put on to my phone. everybody is trying to port over the S6 UI which I found that I truly do not like the Rom because Samsung did away with hiding unwanted apps.in the upper right corner were the 3 dots are in the top. now it is just edit or done. personally that really sucks just my option. sorry for the rumbling on.

Thanks for the reply back though.

Daniel

Reactions: comk4ver

comk4ver

Aug 21, 2010
Best Possible Solution for everyone?

Here are the details of the account...

Line 1 Primary Account Holder (Nationwide Talk & Text Share 2000)/smartphone (Data 5GB): Upgrade available on 08/20/2016 but underneath it shows upgrade available via the Special Offer Early Upgrade.

Line 2 Dummy/Nationwide Talk & Text Share 2000(Data pay per use): Upgrade available on 03/28/2017 but has a eligible for early upgrade.

Line 3/UDP/Nationwide Talk & Share 2000/Smartphone: Upgrade Available since 10/25/2015

Line 4 Dummy Phone/Data Pay Per Use/Nationwide Talk & Share 2000/ Next Available upgrade is 12/07/2015: no upgrade available no special offer for an early upgrade.

The Finanical porprotion of this:
Line access is $9.99 each (4 lines)
data is $79.99 ($50 for 5gb and $30 for UD)
voice is $80, Messages ($30)
products $30 (total mobile protection $10, ringback tones $1.99 (.99 X 2), Total Equipment Protection $16 ($8 X2) and Roadside Assistance $3...

1) How can I get more data for Line 1? Clearly, Line 1 can go to The Verizon Plan and move Line 2 also for around the same price right?
2) Line 3 and Line 4 are together. L3 uses L4 for upgrades...
3) In the future could L3 being on the Nationwide Plan continue to move upgrades to L1 since it's a TDP now?

daveonpender

Dec 6, 2015
If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to ask.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Can you please help me revive my note 3 SM-N900V. I am in Canada and want to use it on Telus/koodo. I tried to root it but it failed on "write " now it won't go past "software update failed" screen. Sitting at "UDC START".. thanks - daveonpender

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

tell your boss to tell his boss to tell his boss to tell his boss to tell his boss to tell his boss to stop locking down F'n Verizon Phones :p

It's a trap! o>O
    I have unlimited data s4 and have 2 dumb phone lines with upgrades available can i use one of those to upgrade to a note 3 and put it on my unlimited line ? Im on the 1400 min family plan.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Hey bud. As promised I looked into your issue for you and yes you can do a alternate upgrade on your s4 with the unlimited plan and keep your unlimited data. Just tell the rep to go to multiline orders and select alternate upgrade on your s4 line item then chose one of your dummy lines and take that dummy lines uograde so you can keep your unlimited data :D:cool::D

Friendly Verizo Rep - BBM: ThatOneGuyJavy
    Lol this is a hobby for me. Am not here on any official capacity. I just like to help.

Verizon Account Rep - Note 3