Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Launcher3 w/ Working Landscape

Tip us?

nbehary
Old
(Last edited by nbehary; 17th November 2013 at 05:44 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [APP] Launcher3 w/ Working Landscape

This is a build of Launcher3 from AOSP corrected to properly display icons and folders in Landscape. "Properly" is a bit of a misnomer. I fixed it by reducing the size of icons for Flo. I think the correct fix is deeper than that, but haven't found that yet. Anyway, it doesn't cut icons off and works pretty well.

Things to know:

- This is the 4.4 Launcher, but it is not the GEL. There is no Google Now integration at all. (and the long-press Settings icon does nothing)
- The Quick Search Bar will not display after you switch to Landscape. Pressing Home while in Landscape makes it pop up.

UPDATE: The apk linked below is more current than the one attached. It's built with no minSdk restriction and should work on 4.2 or above. (It definitely needs 4.2)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4roil3438gbz6qk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nbehary For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nbehary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Forgot to mention that this is built for minSdkVersion=19 (4.4) because that is what it's set to in AOSP. I don't actually know if that affects installing from an APK, but I can probably build it for 18 if anyone wants. That should work since it does for the GEL. (I know it needs 16 at least from things I noticed playing around in it)

luffe95
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbehary View Post
Forgot to mention that this is built for minSdkVersion=19 (4.4) because that is what it's set to in AOSP. I don't actually know if that affects installing from an APK, but I can probably build it for 18 if anyone wants. That should work since it does for the GEL. (I know it needs 16 at least from things I noticed playing around in it)
Please, do it.

nbehary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by luffe95 View Post
Please, do it.
There's a link to an APK with no version limitation in the OP. I've been told it doesn't install on CM 10.2, but I was able to install (but not run) it on my ICS phone. (I have no devices with JB installed currently.) And again, it does absolutely need 4.2.

drelite08
Old
Thanks Meter 132
I get there was a problem parsing the file with this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KingpinZero
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbehary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelite08 View Post
I get there was a problem parsing the file with this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry. Not sure what was wrong with that apk. Updated the link with one which I'm 99% sure will work, and including it below. I tested this one on my Stock 4.3 N7 and it does work. (No transparency) There's no reason it shouldn't on 4.4. It's technically modded a bit, but that's all mostly broken and disabled in this build. I'll be releasing that soon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4roil3438gbz6qk

cinco312
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Is the keyboard bug fixed?

nbehary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinco312 View Post
Is the keyboard bug fixed?
Yes, But note this has None of the Google Now Integration.

I can also confirm that the medfiafire linked APK works fine on Stock 4.4.

theofanis
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you very much dude!!! It was exactly what I was looking for after the 4.4 update on my nexus 7!