Originally Posted by rhar****
It lags in the start. But stable afterwards. And for Google now, what isnt working?
Downloading this to see what you did! How do you intend to "fix" GoogleSearch?
I have Velvet installed on my cm-10.2 (user app). It would FC almost immediately using the libgoogle_recognizer_jni_1.so from the thread. This is closed-source armv7 stuff so sort of cuts us out.
EDITED POST: What I thought was happening was simply wrong: Not the 4.4 Velvet. With what I did have, the following still valid:
That armv7 precompiled close source stuff kills us (if Google is to support "older" devices, it needs to make armv6 precompiled jni's available or make it all open source so we can do them!). However, when I was experimenting with my current configuration, somehow, Google Search's speech input came up. "Initializing en-US." (I have that srec but NOT symlinked in), and then ... it took my voice and used it. Just once, but it did do it! Not an illusion. So maybe this can be fixed up.
EDIT: Conspicous by it absense is the "PrebuiltGMSCore." I did install that, user upgrade to my previous gmscore. Needed by Play and the thread claims that its "prebuilt" version is required by Google Now.