Flash/unbrand Lumia devices
This tutorial, deal the method with Nokia Care Suite, because is the solution more complete. This may serve to downgraded, flashed (of course), unbranded, unbricked, updated, etc, your Lumia device. By cons, the flashing operation will not simunlock (and not re-simlock if simunlocked already) your device! This thread has always the latest versions in date of Nokia Care Suite and of Data Package Manager.
To illustrate my example (this is just example among many other), I take a Nokia Lumia 920 with as Product Code 059Q8C2 RM-821 VAR EU FR CV BLACK (version WP8.0 GDR2 OS, 3047.0000.1326.2002 Lumia Amber firmware). I emphasize the fact that this is just an example, I could very well do the manipulations with Nokia Lumia 1520 for example, or any other Nokia Windows Phone 8. If, after the flash of Product Code, the systems apps (extra+info, glance screen, etc) and normal apps are not update, I recommend you download and install the SysApp Pusher app, that will help you to these put apps update.
Do not quote the OP (post #1, so this post) or post #2, because they are long. If you have any problems with this tutorial, error flash, etc ..., please post an message report in this thread (and not by private message) with a screenshot and with your Hardware Product Type and your Hardware Product Code. Note, that you can click on the images to enlarge.
Do not hesitate to post an feedback, they is welcome! This only takes a little time and allows express at better your gratitude, so please put a Thanks! button and rate this thread with 5 stars. You can also pay me a beer by making a PayPal donation via the "Donate to Me" button . What else? Please, no not reupload elsewhere the files downloaded! Note finally, that if you are French, this tutorial is available in the language of Molière on the MonWindowsPhone community.
All members of xda-developers, and the author can not be held responsible for any damage to any of your devices after applying the following. Technically, if you realize the flashing operation, you lose the warranty of your Nokia Windows Phone 8. However, I think that the "after sales services" do not watch it. Although Nokia Care Suite PST belongs to Nokia (or Microsoft now), I still made a lot of work in logic, writing, redaction, screenshots, etc and used my time for everything this tutorial. Therefore, I will be grateful for not copy this tutorial.
- This tutorial count alone more than half a million views and readings, it is so potentially more than half a million users who flashed their Lumia device, through this tutorial.
- 2000, it is the number of messages that will soon reach this tutorial.
- This thread is the most popular thread on xda-developers, and by far, taking into consideration all sections Windows Phone 8.x (devices include) and later.
- Approximately 3 200 000 minutes, that is to say approximately more than 53 333 hours, that is to say approximately more than 6 years, it is the total time spent to flash.
- Approximately 960 000 Go, that is to say approximately more than 937 To, it is the volume of downloaded data (equals approximately at 204 255 DVD).
- Status of the Nokia Care servers - Available (last check 21/02/14)
- Authentication file for Nokia Care servers
- Download the product code/ROM
- Flash the product code/ROM
- The hardware reset
- Download and install Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0.0 (184.108.40.2062).
- Download and install Data Package Manager 4.2 (2013.7.5).
- Download UserGroupsConfiguration.cfg.
- Of course, remember to backup all your personal data, settings, etc whether via the Windows Explorer, via the Microsoft account, or via OneDrive, etc.
- Charge the battery of your Lumia device at 100% of its capacity, for to avoid any problem!
- For the Lumia device with a microSD card, it is best to remove this card during the all process!
Authentication file for Nokia Care servers
If your PC is equipped of Windows x86 (32 bits), so copy the "UserGroupsConfiguration.cfg" file, in the three following directories:
- "C:\Programmes\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Data Package Manager\bin"
- "C:\Programmes\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Multi Software Updater 5.0"
- "C:\Programmes\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0"
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Data Package Manager\bin"
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Multi Software Updater 5.0"
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0"
Download the product code/ROM
- Run "Nokia Care Suite" software and double-click on the "Data Package Manager" category. A superimposed window called "Login to NOL" opens, click on "Work offline". A second window superimposed called "Work offline" opens, click on "Ok".
- Data Package Manager finally opens, and in the top left of the window it, click on "File", and on "Work Online". A window called superimposed "Login to NOL" opens, make sure the "Login Group" box matches good to "Nokia Care servers", and click on "Ok". Wait a short time that the software authenticates to Nokia Care servers. In proceeding thus, there will be less of chance for that the authentication at Nokia Care servers fails / not succeed.
- Fill in the two parameters that are product type and product code. Click on "Search". Select the file found, and at the bottom right of the window click on "Download Selected". You can click on the "Ongoing Browser Activities" tab, for monitor in detail the progress of the download (download speed, ETA, etc). It you remains simply to waiting that the download is completed to up 100%.
Flash the product code/ROM
- Run "Nokia Care Suite" software (if not already the case), and double-click on the "Product Support Tool For Store 5.0" category. A superimposed window called "Sign in" opens, click on "Work offline" and stay on it!
- In top left of the "Product Support Tool For Store - Nokia Care Suite" window, click on "File", and on "Open Product". Find your device (be careful to choose the Product Type that match you), or in the "Filter" box tap on your keyboard the name of your device and select the result (in my case, it is a (RM-821) Nokia Lumia 920). Then click on "Open".
- In bottom left of the "Product Support Tool For Store - Nokia Care Suite" window, click on "Programming", and then click on "Recovery".
Click on "Update list". Select the Product Code downloaded. Click on "Start".
Wait a little that the software verifies of data packages integrity, and then it start flashing operation but it will show you an error (it indicates that the application has lost the connection with your device, but this is normal because the phone is not yet connected).
- Connect the USB end into the USB port of your PC. Turn off your WP8 Nokia Lumia. Connect the other USB end to the USB port of your WP8 Nokia Lumia. Press both the Power button and the Volume Down button. Once a vibration felt, click on Retry in Recovery window.
- If a message like this during flashing: "You have chosen not assigned product code for this device, do you wish to continue?" This is normal, it just means that the Product Code chosen does not matches with that of the WP8 Nokia Lumia. But do not worry, this is quite normal. Click on OK. Wait the flashing process. Click on Close. Congratulation, the process of flash is end! You're with a new ROM on your Lumia device !
The hardware reset
The hardware reset, also called simply hard reset, allows full reset of your device. The flashing process is a "heavy" operation on the phone, and bugs on the fragmented memory may occur due to flash process. Thus, by performing a hardware reset, this will erase the phone memory to overcome these problems.
- Turn off your Nokia Windows Phone 8.
- Turn on your Nokia Windows Phone 8 and quickly, press the "volume down" bouton until an exclamation mark appears.
- Press once on the following four buttons in this order: "volume up", "volume down", "on/off", and "volume down".
- Two toothed wheels appear and your Nokia Windows Phone 8 must reset and restart by itself (the process can take some time).
- @Aleksandar Rankovic for his PayPal donation of $5.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Androidrobbus for his PayPal donation of $10.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Armin Roth for his PayPal donation of $10.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Arthur Goan for his PayPal donation of $10.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Carlo Paje for his PayPal donation of $17.00 USD, very thanks !
- @DatDereX1 for his PayPal donation of $15.00 USD, very thanks !
- @David White for his PayPal donation of $8.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Dean Harris for his PayPal donation of €5.00 EUR, very thanks !
- @GEO147 for his PayPal donation of $10.00 USD, very thanks !
- @gio300zx for his PayPal donation of $10.00 USD, very thanks !
- @hlava for his PayPal donation of €2.00 EUR, very thanks !
- @Ian Jones for his PayPal donation of $10.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Issa AL-Balushi for his PayPal donation of €2.00 EUR, very thanks !
- @Jonathan Sato for his PayPal donation of €8.00 EUR, very thanks !
- @malvo26 for his PayPal donation of $10.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Mariusz Koniuszko for his PayPal donation of $10.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Richard Black for his PayPal donation of $5.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Steven McConnachie for his PayPal donation of $5.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Vuillard for his PayPal donation of $5.00 USD, very thanks !
- @Wong Theodore for his PayPal donation of $10.00 USD, very thanks !