Remove All Ads from XDA

Tutorial | Microsoft Lumia devices and Nokia Lumia devices flashing

2,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,579

By DilanChd, Recognized Contributor on 6th November 2013, 08:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Tutorial | Microsoft Lumia devices and Nokia Lumia devices flashing

Hello world !

If you are French, you can access to my tutorial from MonWindowsPhone community.

Feel free to ask any questions about my tutorial on the Support for Tutorial | Microsoft Lumia devices and Nokia Lumia devices flashing thread by writing a message in indicating the Microsoft Lumia device or the Nokia Lumia device used, its product type, the package chooses, your country of residence and the error if there is. The XDA Developers community can best assist you, only if you give an maximum of details. Thank you of your understanding.

Me, Microsoft, XDA Developers and any other entity or person can not be responsible if a software damage occurs from the Microsoft Lumia device or the Nokia Lumia device by the utilization of my tutorial.

Good reading !

Prerequisites

● A compatible USB cable to connect the Microsoft Lumia device or the Nokia Lumia device to the computer.

● A computer incorporating Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8.1 or Microsoft Windows 10 as operating system.

● A Microsoft Lumia device or a Nokia Lumia device incorporating Microsoft Windows Phone 8, Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 or Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile as operating system.

● Backup the user content of the Microsoft Lumia device or of the Nokia Lumia device (optional).

● Minimum 4 GB free storage space from the computer.

Downloading of Windows Device Recovery Tool software

● Download the WindowsDeviceRecoveryToolInstaller.exe file.

● The WindowsDeviceRecoveryToolInstaller.exe file begins to be downloaded.

● This part of this tutorial being finished, you can follow the Installation of Windows Device Recovery Tool software part.

Installation of Windows Device Recovery Tool software

● Execute the WindowsDeviceRecoveryToolInstaller.exe file.

● The Installation of Windows Device Recovery Tool 3.6.39 window appears. From this window, click on the Install button.

● The User Account Control windows appears. From this window, click on the Yes button (this action will close this window).

● Return to the Installation of Windows Device Recovery Tool 3.6.39 window. Few seconds later, a window with the same name appears. From this window :
● click on the Next button ;

● check the I accept the terms of the license agreement box, than click on the Next button ;

● click on the Install button (this action will close this window few seconds later).
● Return to the Installation of Windows Device Recovery Tool 3.6.39 window. From this window, wait a few seconds. The installation of the Windows Device Recovery Tool software is complete. Click on the Close button (this action will close this window).

● This part of this tutorial being finished, you can follow the Downloading of 64bit Checker software part.

Determine the operating system architecture of the computer

● Execute a command prompt in administrator mode.

● Copy and paste the echo %processor_architecture% command to the command prompt.

● If the return string value of this command is X86, so the operating system architecture of the computer is 32-bit ; if the return string value of this command is AMD64, so the operating system architecture of the computer is 64-bit.

● This part of this tutorial being finished, you can follow the Downloading package part.

Downloading package

● Go to lumiafirmware.com Website.

● From the left column, choose the Microsoft Lumia device or the Nokia Lumia device.

● From the middle column, choose a package, if possible for your country of residence and Country Variant (CV). You must choose depending on the product type (RM-x, where x is variable) of Microsoft Lumia device or of Nokia Lumia device. The product type of Microsoft Lumia device or of Nokia Lumia device is mentioned to the original packing box of Lumia device, in general from a white label.

● From the List of Firmware column, click on a firmware version.

● From the Download url's column, download only the *.ffu file.

● Create a new folder named Package from the Windows desktop.

● Move the *.ffu file into the Package folder.

● Rename the *.ffu file to FullFlashUpdate.ffu.

● This part of this tutorial being finished, you can follow the Installation package part.

Installation package

● Connect the Microsoft Lumia device or the Nokia Lumia device to the computer.

● Execute a command prompt in administrator mode.

● Copy and past to the command prompt :
● the cd "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Device Recovery Tool" command if the operating system architecture of the computer is 32-bit ;
● the cd "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Device Recovery Tool" command if the operating system architecture of the computer is 64-bit.
● Copy and paste the
Code:
thor2 -mode uefiflash -ffufile "%HomePath%\Desktop\Package\FullFlashUpdate.ffu" -do_full_nvi_update -do_factory_reset -reboot
command to the command prompt, then press the Enter button from the computer keyboard.

● The package installation being. Wait that the installation is finished. The Microsoft Lumia device or the Nokia Lumia device reboot normaly to out-of-box experience.

● This tutorial is finished ? ...

... Really ?

Yeah, it was inevitable that it ends. So, this part is for me the opportunity to say thank you to have used my tutorial. If you wish, you can go to my dylancochard.wordpress.com Website, do a donation and/or follow my Twitter account.

Best regards,
Dylan Cochard – My opinions are my own
Twitter
@
DylanCochard
Website oobs.org
The Following 323 Users Say Thank You to DilanChd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DilanChd Ad-Free

29th February 2016, 06:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't flash
Hi, thanks for this precious Tuto, I made the same steps according to your description, but unfortunatly, the command windows tells me firstly:"winusb in use"
Usb phone (Lumia 1320) plugged, I see "Windows Phone Device" in the explorer. But the program only reboots the phone and replaces the phone as nothing happened after rebooting.
Please tell me what's the prblm? Now the phone is on build n° 3058.50000.1424.011 (the same I like to flash)
So why to flash: Update after update, I loosed may native apps (like here maps, one drive, ... ) because in one moment it was possible to displace even native apps to sd card, then I moved many apps to sd card , native apps included . After that another update did not recognise the SD card( only one solution: format). That's why I seek to make the whole reset to this build.
With my very modest knowledge, i think that the prblm is from the winusb.sys that is used by another program (busy)....
This is the response of the command:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Dev
mode uefiflash -ffufile C:\Users\ana\Desktop\Package\RM
RETAIL_eu_france_218_11_453020_prd_signed.ffu -do_full_
set
THOR2 1.8.2.18
Built for Windows @ 13:36:46 Jun 16 2015
Thor2 is running on Windows of version 6.1
thor2 -mode uefiflash -ffufile C:\Users\ana\Desktop\Pac
4.0011_RETAIL_eu_france_218_11_453020_prd_signed.f fu -d
tory_reset
Process started Mon Feb 29 19:22:50 2016
Logging to file C:\Users\ana\AppData\Local\Temp\thor2_w
d-4660.log
Debugging enabled for uefiflash

Initiating FFU flash operation
WinUSB in use.
isDeviceInNcsdMode
Normal mode detected
Rebooting to the normal mode...
Resp from NCSd {"id":7,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":null}

Operation took about 5 minutes, 15 seconds.

THOR2_ERROR_TO_COMMUNICATE_WITH_DEVICE

THOR2 1.8.2.18 exited with error code 84102 (0x14886)
7th March 2016, 04:15 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
will this work to debrand the att lumia 1520?
The Following User Says Thank You to pbanj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pbanj Ad-Free
7th March 2016, 04:59 PM |#4  

More
Lumia devices flashing
My Lumia 540 Dual SIM, RM-1141, Product Code: 059W9X6. pleas upload this lumia firmware
8th March 2016, 12:10 AM |#5  
OP Recognized Contributor
Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbanj

will this work to debrand the att lumia 1520?

Hi @pbanj,

No, does not work.

Best regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnanbhuiyan

My Lumia 540 Dual SIM, RM-1141, Product Code: 059W9X6. pleas upload this lumia firmware

Hi @adnanbhuiyan,

Indeed, there is not. However, we can not do anything for this.
Maybe use a other software package. What is your country?

Best regards,
The Following User Says Thank You to DilanChd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DilanChd Ad-Free
8th March 2016, 01:35 PM |#6  

More
I am getting a Thor2 Mode error when trying to upload the package. Any thoughts? I am copying and pasting and modifying per the tutorial. Thanks!
8th March 2016, 02:42 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfooballcoach

I am getting a Thor2 Mode error when trying to upload the package. Any thoughts? I am copying and pasting and modifying per the tutorial. Thanks!

Hi @cmfooballcoach,

What is your Lumia device? What is the software package that you have downloaded and that you have tried to install? What is this error? What is exactly the command that you have execute? Can you provide a screenhsot?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DilanChd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DilanChd Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 03:56 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DilanChd

Hi @pbanj,

No, does not work.

Best regards,

Hi @adnanbhuiyan,

Indeed, there is not. However, we can not do anything for this.
Maybe use a other software package. What is your country?

Best regards,

My country is Bangladesh
9th March 2016, 03:36 PM |#9  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Hi can u provide me with the download link for lumia flash tools?
9th March 2016, 07:54 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you for the tutorial!
The Following User Says Thank You to 666evilangel666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 666evilangel666 Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 09:23 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnanbhuiyan

My country is Bangladesh

Hi @adnanbhuiyan,

Use 059X291 RM-1141 VAR IMEA 4Y CV
http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ser/RM-1141/guid/059X291

Best regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish_Kumar

Hi can u provide me with the download link for lumia flash tools?

Hi @Harish_Kumar,

LumiaFlashTools was for my old tutorial. Now, please read the new tutorial from OP (post #1).

Best regards,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, lumia, rom, tutorial, unbrand

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)