5,600,335 Members 35,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Omega rom

Tip us?
 
d12unk13astard
Old
#1  
d12unk13astard's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510
Posts: 2,059
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bakersucks
Default Omega rom

Is working 100% on my SM-N900T with jovy's compulsion kernel everything that wasn't working before(wifi,bluetooth,NFC,etc) now works!! With this rom comes an aroma installer that lets you uninstall bloatware of upto 700mb!(i had over 25gb+ internal storage left) after getting rid of all bloat and this rom is smoking fast now! I should also mention that mattiadj's ext2internalsd mod works on Omega as well, i just used the galaxy s4 4.3 fat32.zip and now storages are swapped so all the large app data goes to extsd instead of internal storage. I still got way too much to setup on this phone but wanted to let people know about this
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d12unk13astard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ArcticFish
Old
#2  
ArcticFish's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 942
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando
Just asking did u get a bug to internally wipe the SD card? It seemed to happen before to people when flashing omega on a non international phone

Sent from my SM-N900T
 
mastermindx85
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 658
Join Date: Jul 2007
I got a bug like that it wiped all my internal sd card. I was trying to flash X note and it did that any reason why?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
 
aalupatti
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 404
Posts: 1,827
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by d12unk13astard View Post
Is working 100% on my SM-N900T with jovy's compulsion kernel everything that wasn't working before(wifi,bluetooth,NFC,etc) now works!! With this rom comes an aroma installer that lets you uninstall bloatware of upto 700mb!(i had over 25gb+ internal storage left) after getting rid of all bloat and this rom is smoking fast now! I should also mention that mattiadj's ext2internalsd mod works on Omega as well, i just used the galaxy s4 4.3 fat32.zip and now storages are swapped so all the large app data goes to extsd instead of internal storage. I still got way too much to setup on this phone but wanted to let people know about this
Can u tell us the steps u took??
Did u have tp flash anyatches ?
 
d12unk13astard
Old
(Last edited by d12unk13astard; 8th November 2013 at 04:09 AM.)
#5  
d12unk13astard's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510
Posts: 2,059
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bakersucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalupatti View Post
Can u tell us the steps u took??
Did u have tp flash anyatches ?
1.Flash Rom
2.Flash This
3.Flash Compulsion Kernel
4.Flash Ext2Intsd Mod (Optional)

Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold
 
otisman
Old
#6  
otisman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1578
Posts: 1,187
Join Date: May 2012
Got the link for ROM much alohas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
d12unk13astard
Old
#7  
d12unk13astard's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510
Posts: 2,059
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bakersucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisman View Post
Got the link for ROM much alohas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Updated my earlier post, but you can flash any n9005 rom in this thread
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to d12unk13astard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
m_reyna_16
Old
#8  
m_reyna_16's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 696
Join Date: Mar 2008
a little bit out of topic but what are the advantages and disadvantages of flashing a rom that is not for our note? are there any risks other than the obvious "you are responsible for what you do to your device" or "warranty is now void" risks?
 
d12unk13astard
Old
(Last edited by d12unk13astard; 8th November 2013 at 01:51 PM.)
#9  
d12unk13astard's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510
Posts: 2,059
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bakersucks
1. Advantages are more variety of roms to choose from, the international roms are updated a lot quicker than USA versions(because it was released over there first, I believe latest firmware over there is mj7). Some roms on the N9005 are pre-debloated for you (HAL room is 700mb rom! Omega has same slimness as HAL just got to choose what you want uninstalled/installed thru aroma).

2. Disadvantages, not many really as long as your only flashing the N9005 compatible LTE note 3 and not the incompatible N9000 (octocore exnyos).

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold
 
dirtybudha
Old
#10  
dirtybudha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 599
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Frisco
Also, some of the features that the carrier offers are sometimes not supported, such as WiFi Calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
a little bit out of topic but what are the advantages and disadvantages of flashing a rom that is not for our note? are there any risks other than the obvious "you are responsible for what you do to your device" or "warranty is now void" risks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by d12unk13astard View Post
1. Advantages are more variety of roms to choose from, the international roms are updated a lot quicker than USA versions(because it was released over there first, I believe latest firmware over there is mj7). Some roms on the N9005 are pre-debloated for you (HAL room is 700mb rom! Omega has same slimness as HAL just got to choose what you want uninstalled/installed thru aroma).

2. Disadvantages, not many really as long as your only flashing the N9005 compatible LTE note 3 and not the incompatible N9000 (octocore exnyos).

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
Dirty Budha
My Website
I'm a graphic designer and not a programmer, I understand how this can be confusing.
Hit "Thanks" if I said something informative or funny...or both.

Phone:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T
Retired:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 M919
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 T889
- Samsung Galaxy S2 T989
- HTC Vision ( T-Mobile G2)
- iPhone 4Gig (huge mistake)

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages."
-- Terry Pratchett "Wyrd Sisters"

The Following User Says Thank You to dirtybudha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Intelligently Place Contacts on Your Home Screen with CallWho Widget

There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more

Keep Track of Everything Your Device Does with Event Logger

Regardless of their OS choice, computing power users generally share one common … more

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more