Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 39,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] using AT&T provided unlock code...

Tip us?

tx6shooter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith13 View Post
After fighting with AT&T on the phone for almost a month due to (in my opinion) unfair policy changes, I got them to provide me with unlock codes for my and my wife's phones. I want to make use of them asap and put this matter to rest. Unfortunately, the AT&T instructions say to use the codes i have to insert a non-AT&T sim card to force the phone to prompt me for code entry. At this time I do not have a non-AT&T sim. Is there any way to get to the unlock pin screen without having a "foreign" sim card on hand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Would you mind sharing how you got them to unlock your phone, I have been trying for a while now without any success.

0p3nsrc
Old
Thanks Meter 156

DONATE TO ME
When I had my old smartphone, I called att and told them I'd be visiting my sister in London, and that I'd want to use prepaid SIM cards, as it would be cheaper than international rates. They had no problem unlocking it (galaxy s).

Sent from my TARDIS
Any fool can use a computer. Many do. Thank you to all the fools out there: you're my job security! (^.^)

"Android is like MacGyver: a little rough around the edges, but given the right tools, it can do anything!"

Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 running SHOStock-i
Asus Transformer TF700T running CROMBI-KK
Amazon Fire TV: rooted, with FiredTV launcher and XBMC.

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0p3nsrc View Post
When I had my old smartphone, I called att and told them I'd be visiting my sister in London, and that I'd want to use prepaid SIM cards, as it would be cheaper than international rates.
^ This. Has yet to fail me.

ChongoDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2286
Lol it doesn't "mess up" your phone. *sigh* stop scaring the kiddies

5T4Y FR05TY

XDA's D4RK KN1GHT

I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pads

SlothRoms
Android Techy
"Chongo for forum President- Because he's the hero xda deserves, but not the one it needs right now." - _MetalHead_

mobileunlocked
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Usually no prompt means the phone isn't actually locked. There's a ton of instances when a network simply missed a handset and failed to lock it. For anyone I'd say test your phone first. Make sure it is locked before going through the process of unlocking it.

Also, this works on a number of older Samsung's, not too sure if it'll work on newer models, but you can type a command that targets the network lock, which is #0111*code# - you simply replace "code" with the code AT&T or anyone else gives you and it should unlock the phone. Someone might be able to confirm this as possible or not for the newer Samsung's?
Mobile Unlocked

tx6shooter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried the traveling story. That does not work anymore. CS, including supervisor refused.

IceTwig
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have a AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 on MF3 and Region Lock Away unlocked the Region & SIM. I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM. The OP of Region Lock DOES NOT CLAIM it will work with the SGH-i337 but I have unlocked a S3(SGH-i747) a S4(SGH-i337) and a Galaxy TAB 2 (SGH-i497) it was worth the few bucks.

Region Lock Away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

ximaginex
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTwig View Post
I have a AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 on MF3 and Region Lock Away unlocked the Region & SIM. I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM. The OP of Region Lock DOES NOT CLAIM it will work with the SGH-i337 but I have unlocked a S3(SGH-i747) a S4(SGH-i337) and a Galaxy TAB 2 (SGH-i497) it was worth the few bucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
I can also verify that this works with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 on MF3.

Tags
at&t, unlock