5,814,720 Members 52,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App Studio] US Carrier Apps

Tip us?

thals1992
Old
(Last edited by thals1992; 29th July 2014 at 11:42 PM.) Reason: added new screenshots
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Default [App Studio] US Carrier Apps

This is similar to my OEM apps, but for the four major Mobile Operators in the US: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
This was built using Windows Phone App Studio, so this can be downloaded directly onto your phone without the use of a deployment tool.

NOTE for old V1 and V2 Users: I'm no longer offering the installation links for the App Studio method. Please us the new store version if you wish to continue to receive updates.

Windows Phone Store link!

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...4-2022481774b5

Screenshots

The V1 edition was made on November 8, 2013.
The V2 edition is complete as of Christmas Day, 2013!
I began attempting to publish on January 10, 2014.
The app was released in the Windows Phone Store/Marketplace on February 19, 2014!
The V2.1 edition added images for the apps and Verizon's new "Tones" app.
Windows Phone 8.1 Support was added June 24, 2014.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thals1992 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xboxmod
Old
(Last edited by xboxmod; 11th November 2013 at 12:35 AM.)
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,955

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thals1992 View Post
This is similar to my OEM apps, but for the four major Mobile Operators in the US: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
This was built using Windows Phone App Studio, so this can be downloaded directly onto your phone without the use of a deployment tool.

Certificate:
http://bit.ly/1htLMjz
Download:
http://bit.ly/17IJfke
Thanks
now we need some users to use fiddler with sprint,verizon,at&t and grab correct url info for this Operator.
like this one:
http://marketplaceedgeservice..........58&moId=sfr-fr......
this way we can try all those apps on other devicedevice.

thals1992
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmod View Post
Thanks
now we need some users to use fiddler with sprint,verizon,at&t and grab correct url info for this Operator.
like this one:
http://marketplaceedgeservice..........58&moId=sfr-fr......
this way we can try all those apps on other devicedevice.

You can check the Verizon one pretty easy. They were posted almost everywhere while Spartan Assault was still exclusive.

Sent from my RM-860 using Tapatalk

thals1992
Old
(Last edited by thals1992; 10th January 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
If anyone has devices from these carriers, please let me know if your phone shipped with some carrier locked apps. I have Verizon and Sprint's list complete, but AT&T was something I tried quick to get working and have something in place, while I have nothing for T-Mobile. So if you have a T-Mobile device, then please post links to the store link for your apps!

EDIT: Nevermind, I went out and bought these devices to get the app-ids, also to hack, but its still annoying that they are hidden from the store...

thals1992
Old
(Last edited by thals1992; 10th January 2014 at 05:51 PM.) Reason: Added T-Mobile URLs
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Default UPDATE!!!!

I've updated the app to include all of AT&T's apps.

OEM ID's Confirmed so far.... for fiddler or another proxy tool.

VZW-US (Verizon Wireless)
ATT-US (AT&T)
TMO-US (T-Mobile USA)
null (some Sprint apps)

thals1992
Old
(Last edited by thals1992; 10th January 2014 at 06:05 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
T-Mobile USA's apps have now been added!!! The only issue with it is that they are listed as unpublished, but that might be controlled based on the SIM... "My Account" should be install-able on any Windows Phone that has a T-Mobile SIM in it.

Also hoping to redo this entire app to directly launch the store instead of launching the web browser to launch the store (which requires logging into.) EDIT: DONE!

thals1992
Old
(Last edited by thals1992; 23rd March 2014 at 06:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
I fixed some problems with several URLs that nobody had noticed yet. I also cleaned it up a bit, so let me know if you notice anything broken!

EDIT: Apparently I also have some URLs pointing to the wrong app. It will be fixed soon!

EDIT 2: Everything is done except the images. I guess I'm close to publishing once I can think of a name for it and a half decent image for the app, tiles and the loading screen it will be finalized.

I have yet to determine if I want to add advertising to the store version or not, while removing the $.99 charge. It depends on if I ever get any feedback on this app....

thals1992
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Okay.... I submitted the app to the store, but since it was a pain in the @SS making this app, requiring me to purchase a Lumia 520, Lumia 521, and an HTC 8XT. I've made the app $.99. All of those who have installed this with the App Studio method can still do so, and they won't have to deal with paying for it. I'll make it free in the store once I have recouped some of my costs, or if no one ends up downloading it.

thals1992
Old
(Last edited by thals1992; 23rd March 2014 at 06:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Moved to OP

thals1992
Old
(Last edited by thals1992; 23rd March 2014 at 06:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
I've updated the app to V2.1, because Verizon launched a new ringtones+ringback app, and I went ahead and added images to the app instead of looking at those terrible low-res bullet points.

Please rate my app! I've only had TWO DOWNLOADS from the store since I had launched it, and the way publishing works I won't see any money for a long while.

Tags
mo apps, mobile operators, windows phone app studio, wpas