Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 43,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

getting email attachments ?

Tip us?

ferritt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default getting email attachments ?

Hi

probably a really simplw question but how do I get the attachments from my emails?

I have been using my wifi when out and about to receive my emails. I get the mails no problem but theres no way I can see to get the attachments. the little attachments symbol is next to em but don't know how to get em

cheers

ferritt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
did'nt think i'd have to reply to me own msg but what the hell!
o2 xda mini s
512mb mini sd card

Finraziel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You realise this is a forum, not a chatboard, AND it's christmas eve right?
Anyway, I tried opening at attachment on one of my emails. Just clicked the link at the bottom of the email to get the full msg + attachments, it said it would get it next time I checked my mail. Since the phone happened to already be checking I waited a bit, and now I'm looking at a .doc file I sent to my school. It's displayed at the top of the email and when I tap it, it opens in word mobile.
So I'm not sure what's not working for you, but maybe this helps?

ferritt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the reply mate. nah no msg at the bottom of the email. there is on my isp email but nothing when I get my hotmail on my xda. maybe it's cus its hotmail??

cheers
o2 xda mini s
512mb mini sd card

Finraziel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ahh... can't help you there then, I don't use hotmail, only gmail (through pop3 access).

ferritt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
no problem mate. thers gotta be a way to view the attachments on hotmail accounts when getting via the xda outlook.

cheers anyway
o2 xda mini s
512mb mini sd card

ZapAxe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, just got the AT&T Tilt and I'm searching for a way to view my hotmail attachments... I see the little attachment icon (paperclip) but I cannot open it... anyone have the answer yet?