Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,053 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Project CyanogenMod: Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730

Tip us?
 
bazzan
Old
#21  
bazzan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 114
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by aureljared View Post
Also, since our CWM is from the S4 Mini (which has extremely close specs to ours) repackaged with stock kernel and correct addresses, @bazzan here tried repackaging the boot.img with a kernel from a cm-10.2 build for serranoltexx (this is what you did, right?),
Yes I tried. Will not totally rule out that I did something wrong as this is totally new territory to me.

@ricky886 trying a few things that might fix error 7
This liink explains what is happening and a potential solution
http://highonandroid.com/android-rom...ooted-android/
That will not help if there is something else wrong which i think is likely. So much i really don't understand so trying a few things.
Will share progress or lack of it here
Bazzan
The Following User Says Thank You to bazzan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ricky886
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 411
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzan View Post
Yes I tried. Will not totally rule out that I did something wrong as this is totally new territory to me.

@ricky886 trying a few things that might fix error 7
This liink explains what is happening and a potential solution
http://highonandroid.com/android-rom...ooted-android/
That will not help if there is something else wrong which i think is likely. So much i really don't understand so trying a few things.
Will share progress or lack of it here
Bazzan
I have tried to follow the education
But it show me error 6
Can you upload your updater-script file?
thanks
 
bazzan
Old
#23  
bazzan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 114
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky886 View Post
I have tried to follow the education
But it show me error 6
Can you upload your updater-script file?
thanks
@ricky886 updater-script file? Do you mean a functional CM 10.2? Do not have one. I shared what I was doing to try and fix error 7. The link explained the problem.

I think there are deeper problems that we have not got to yet. If we all share what we find hopefully we can come up with a solution
Bazzan
The Following User Says Thank You to bazzan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gewone
Old
#24  
gewone's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Aug 2010
Have you developer guys given up on getting CyanogenMod up and running on the GT-I8730?
 
jjchico
Old
#25  
Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 45
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sevilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewone View Post
Have you developer guys given up on getting CyanogenMod up and running on the GT-I8730?
Development is going on slowly. Most effort is likely to be moved to CM 11.0. I hope we all can have a kitkat together soon

Follow development at the DEV thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2285898

Enviado desde mi GT-I8730 mediante Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjchico For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aureljared
Old
#26  
aureljared's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Posts: 672
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Quezon City
Updated OP with recent progress

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

If I helped you in any way, just hit the Thanks button!

---------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730 (CyanogenMod 11 / Android 4.4.4 by szezso)
---------------------------------------
General Development ThreadCM Building Tutorial
Sign/Zipalign ScriptEnhanced VRTheme Template
Project CyanogenMod: GT-I8730AOSP Icons + 1% Battery MOD
 
aureljared
Old
#27  
aureljared's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Posts: 672
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Quezon City
Quote:
Originally Posted by aureljared View Post
Updated OP with recent progress

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
Added developer list.
Updated notes.

Beamed from my Galaxy Express using Tapatalk

If I helped you in any way, just hit the Thanks button!

---------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730 (CyanogenMod 11 / Android 4.4.4 by szezso)
---------------------------------------
General Development ThreadCM Building Tutorial
Sign/Zipalign ScriptEnhanced VRTheme Template
Project CyanogenMod: GT-I8730AOSP Icons + 1% Battery MOD
The Following User Says Thank You to aureljared For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
szezso
Old
#28  
szezso's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 11,872
Posts: 1,905
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Budakalász

 
DONATE TO ME
About CM10.1


Current progress:
- Video Playback fixed
- NFC fixed

Bugs:
- RIL
- WiFi
- Audio is faster than it should
- Video recording (untested)
- Camera preview (and after reopening the camera, it can't connect to the HW anymore)
- Occasional hot reboot if you lock the screen, then trying to unlock it
- Apollo can only play music if you select the track, close the app, then reopen it, and choose the track again

What works:
- Screen
- Touch
- Buttons
- Sensors
- Video Playback
- NFC
- Bluetooth
- GPS
- Audio (with the mentioned bug)
- Camera (buggy)
- etc.

Full log from boot to the first screen lock-unlock: http://pastebin.com/vBefRwLW
I'm 18 years old, and I'm doing my best, to support my devices: Samsung Galaxy Express, hTC Incredible S.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to szezso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pon3yu
Old
#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: oradea
Thumbs up galaxy express i8730

Quote:
Originally Posted by szezso View Post
About CM10.1


Current progress:
- Video Playback fixed
- NFC fixed

Bugs:
- RIL
- WiFi
- Audio is faster than it should
- Video recording (untested)
- Camera preview (and after reopening the camera, it can't connect to the HW anymore)
- Occasional hot reboot if you lock the screen, then trying to unlock it
- Apollo can only play music if you select the track, close the app, then reopen it, and choose the track again

What works:
- Screen
- Touch
- Buttons
- Sensors
- Video Playback
- NFC
- Bluetooth
- GPS
- Audio (with the mentioned bug)
- Camera (buggy)
- etc.

Full log from boot to the first screen lock-unlock: http://pastebin.com/vBefRwLW

wow thank you man ..... u are the best i dont have words for thanks . i hope u fix the buggs for this rom srry for my english
The Following User Says Thank You to pon3yu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aureljared
Old
(Last edited by aureljared; 27th January 2014 at 02:33 AM.)
#30  
aureljared's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Posts: 672
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Quezon City
Quote:
Originally Posted by szezso View Post
About CM10.1


Current progress:
- Video Playback fixed
- NFC fixed

Bugs:
- RIL
- WiFi
- Audio is faster than it should
- Video recording (untested)
- Camera preview (and after reopening the camera, it can't connect to the HW anymore)
- Occasional hot reboot if you lock the screen, then trying to unlock it
- Apollo can only play music if you select the track, close the app, then reopen it, and choose the track again

What works:
- Screen
- Touch
- Buttons
- Sensors
- Video Playback
- NFC
- Bluetooth
- GPS
- Audio (with the mentioned bug)
- Camera (buggy)
- etc.

Full log from boot to the first screen lock-unlock: http://pastebin.com/vBefRwLW
Awesome.

Updated third original post.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

I saw this in the log:
Code:
E/WifiStateMachine(700): Failed to load driver!
E/WifiStateMachine(700): DriverFailedState
Could this be the problem..?

Beamed from my Galaxy Express using Tapatalk

If I helped you in any way, just hit the Thanks button!

---------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730 (CyanogenMod 11 / Android 4.4.4 by szezso)
---------------------------------------
General Development ThreadCM Building Tutorial
Sign/Zipalign ScriptEnhanced VRTheme Template
Project CyanogenMod: GT-I8730AOSP Icons + 1% Battery MOD

The Following User Says Thank You to aureljared For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes