VRUEMJ7 root & recovery

OP downhillvinnie

9th November 2013, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 42

333 posts
More
Does anybody know if anyone is building a root and recovery process for the VRUEMJ7 build. I got this S4 unrooted with the new build done....UGG
The Following User Says Thank You to downhillvinnie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2013, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Morganton, NC
Thanks Meter: 371

856 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by downhillvinnie

Does anybody know if anyone is building a root and recovery process for the VRUEMJ7 build. I got this S4 unrooted with the new build done....UGG

There are people working on root and @Hashcode is looking into getting Safestrap to work with it. But as to a recovery like twrp or CWM no dice on any build after mdk to install that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Mightycaptain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2013, 05:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag Moore
Thanks Meter: 12

47 posts
More
I think you are hosed if you are already on MJ7
The Following User Says Thank You to azraell33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2013, 11:36 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

92 posts
Pardon if this is a noobish response, but can't we just use ODIN to force downgrade back to a build we can root and/or use custom recoveries?
9th November 2013, 12:14 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionSX

Pardon if this is a noobish response, but can't we just use ODIN to force downgrade back to a build we can root and/or use custom recoveries?

The bootloader blocks being downgraded. Only way to downgrade would be to jtag from what I heard which us extremely dangerous to the average user
9th November 2013, 11:05 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,557

1,916 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSoul1996

The bootloader blocks being downgraded. Only way to downgrade would be to jtag from what I heard which us extremely dangerous to the average user

There are no confirmed cases of anyone managing to downgrade even using JTAG. It's best to assume that you'll probably never be able to downgrade.
10th November 2013, 12:37 AM   |  #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu

There are no confirmed cases of anyone managing to downgrade even using JTAG. It's best to assume that you'll probably never be able to downgrade.

Sure there is read the original thread about it from hellsdroid he commented he downgraded an me7 phone to mdk several times.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.
10th November 2013, 03:07 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,557

1,916 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexitnow

Sure there is read the original thread about it from hellsdroid he commented he downgraded an me7 phone to mdk several times.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.

Hmm. The basis of my statement:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500826

Quote:

Has anyone ever heard more from h311sdr0id about his post (see here) to get more info about this "state" that allows you to flash MDK over ME7 in Odin

No response. I know that h311sdr0id is "indisposed", of course. However, nobody has come forward to say that they've witnessed this. Thus my claim that it's unconfirmed.

It'd be great if JTAG was able to do this, but I'm rather skeptical given the fuses that get blown with each build to block going backwards. However, there is some hope as these are qfuses.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread