Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Bricked GT-N7100 Galaxy Note II, need help

OP blurbzilla

12th November 2013, 03:30 PM   |  #11  
Flag Haridwar,Uttaranchal
Thanks Meter: 265

418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikhassaan

Sadly, flashing from odin doesn't work - I've tried from several PCs. To top it all off, my warranty has expired. Looks like I'm stuck with a really expensive paper weight :'(

It also may be a case of sudden death syndrome i.e your emmc got broken...so you can try to get a repair from a third party service center to get a new emmc.
Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to akp.ajinkya For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 05:07 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 141

204 posts
More
Quote:

Sadly, flashing from odin doesn't work - I've tried from several PCs. To top it all off, my warranty has expired. Looks like I'm stuck with a really expensive paper weight :'(

Which Android OS version were you running? 4.0.x? or 4.1.x?
15th November 2013, 04:54 PM   |  #13  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 66

265 posts
Quote:

I'd still return it to the service centre. There's enough evidence of SDS being a design fault that you could argue that the device wasn't fit for sale in the first place and the expired warranty is irrelevant. Don't get angry just be firm and logical in your argument.
15th November 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 37

74 posts
If you can't find a fix for it on xda take it to a service centre. If it's not under warranty but fixable they will just charge you for fixing it. That's better than having an expensive paper weight.

Sent from my 4.4 OmniRom GT-N7100
17th November 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #15  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Unhappy Same problem of not going further After showing battery with cirlce
Hey guyz, i am having the same prob stated at the start of this thread, i did a factory wipe/ reset through recovery mode but still not rebooting
What do you think exactly is the problem?
My phone is still under waranty and never been rooted but is there a cure at home or shud it be carried to service center?
18th November 2013, 06:54 PM   |  #16  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 8

35 posts
More
ADB or Heimdall
Quote:

Is there a way to flash a stock rom without Odin or recovery mode?

You could try with AdB or Heimdall
6th December 2013, 04:17 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasiq01

Hey guyz, i am having the same prob stated at the start of this thread, i did a factory wipe/ reset through recovery mode but still not rebooting
What do you think exactly is the problem?
My phone is still under waranty and never been rooted but is there a cure at home or shud it be carried to service center?

I tried all the home remedies I could think of and then I tried what people had suggested in this thread, all to no avail. Since you've already done a factory wipe/reset, there isn't much of a data recovery issue in your case. I would recommend taking it to the service center and claiming your warranty

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank