Here is a Pure AOSP KitKat build pulled from Google source found HERE
I will try to keep this updated with most recent source builds and minor tweaks. This makes for a good base for anyone to build from for a pure AOSP source. Just wanted to get it out there for people to use.
It is highly recommended that you flash using CWM recovery. TWRP may be updated but I haven't used it since KitKat released Again, if you brick your device, it's your fault not mine. This is a Beta so by clicking the download links you are taking full responsibility.
*Backup your current ROM
*Make sure you are using CWM recovery
*Do a complete system wipe
*Flash Superuser pack
*Reboot and enjoy
* enabled app ops - ability to specify which permissions you want to turn on/off for each app
* increased email attachments allowance to 20mb
* any file type transfer thru Bluetooth
* closed some memory leaks
* art tweaks
* animation cut in half for stock launcher
* up to date with Google merges via android-review.googlesource.com
Download aosp_manta-KOT49H-20131218 HERE
* Added OTG Support
* Added merges from android source that wasn't in 4.4.2
* More location tweaks
* Added Override allowance in source
* Changed to toolchain 4.8
* Build.prop tweaks
* You can dirty flash over previous versions, just make sure to flash gapps, then SU to retain root.
Download aosp_manta-KOT49H-20131215 HERE
* Updated to 4.4.2
Download v1.6 HERE
* Pie controls in Browser enabled
* doubled the allowed downloads
Download v1.5.1 HERE
* Updated to 4.4 r1.2 source
* Updated Kernel
* Updated Props
* Disabled Securities in Email (please test)
Download v1.5 HERE
* added reboot menu
* added screenshot to reboot menu
Download v1.4 HERE
Update 11/14 (Pure AOSP Manta 4.4 r1.1)
Download ROM from HERE
Needs testing but youtube works through the browser fine. Please make sure you have a fresh wipe, then flash rom, gapps, su, reboot. Also, you may experience gapps fc if you enable ART. Since it is still ART is still experimental, I would hold off of that for now.
My keyboard doesnt pop up any longer using the new googlehome.apk. it took a little bit to settle down but if you have the issue either deal with the glitch or delete the apk from /system/app
Alpha upload 11/11
Download ROM from HERE
Download 4.4 Gapps from HERE 4.4.2 Gapps from HERE
Download SU from HERE
Thanks to a good buddy for motivating me to even get back in to compiling and messing with source. It's been awhile. Could the retirement be over? not likely. But you never know. Once Google releases the updated props I will update the OP.
Don't be cheap. If you download hit the thanks button. It's free!