Thread Deleted

Qtek 9100 dead battery

OP rnuqui

28th December 2005, 03:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I had this same problem last week. I placed the unit on the charger for hours to no avail. It didn't charge one bit.

I sent it back to my vendor, and they replaced the battery. Now, it's OK.

The thing I'm worried about is that it may discharge completely again, and the battery may go flat again. When it happened the first time, I actually didn't know what caused it to drain. I had it charging before I went to bed so I was pretty sure that it was fully charged when I disconnected it from my laptop. Then when I woke up in the morning, it was completely drained. I'm aware that an apps may have caused it to wake up and not go to sleep, but to completely drain in just a few hours?? :shock:
28th December 2005, 06:25 AM   |  #2  
Maastricht

18 posts
Do you have it set to not go to full standby, but only turn off the backlight so you can always tap the screen to wake the pda up rather than having to push the power button? (I'm assuming your pda DOES turn the backlight off )
Other than that... well having wlan, bluetooth and IR on all the time will help with draining the battery...

edit: okay read your post again and realise my question is a bit out of place, guess that's what I get for posting at the end of my nightshift (33 minutes til I can head for bed woohoo)
28th December 2005, 09:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Singapore

12 posts
Nope. It's set to 2 minutes to turn off backlight, and 3 minutes to turn off device, if no activity. Wifi is OFF, IR is OFF, BT is ON.

With that, I really see no way it can drain a fully charged battery overnight (with no one using it - I'm asleep). :|
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread