recaf - CAF enhanced AOSP for Xperia SP
Hello Boys and Girls,
Everyone at XDA loves AOSP based projects. However AOSP is designed only for the Nexus devices. For most other devices, a significant ammount of extra code needs to be added for them to run properly. For Qualcomm devices, most of this extra code is supplied by the Code Aurora Forums
. Here you can find a variant of AOSP that is not only designed specifically for Qualcomm based devices, but it also includes various tricks and enhancements.
So today I'm introducing a little project I've been cooking up for myself, which might also be interesting for other Xperia SP users.
It's called recaf
- adding the CAF optimizations back into your AOSP rom.
This is now based on Android 4.4 KitKat. On the surface, it looks almost exactly like pure AOSP as provided by Google. You wouldn't know just by looking at it, but under the surface there are lots of changes to dalvik, the frameworks and the hardware drivers to massively improve battery life.
However, pure AOSP sometimes feels a little bit featureless compared to advanced roms such as CyanogenMod, so I have included a few basic tweaks that I feel make life easier when using an AOSP-like rom:
- CyanogenMod camera app - because AOSP camera app is rubbish
- CyanogenMod cLock widget - because it's actually pretty nice
- Integrated Superuser - it's right there in the settings menu!
- exFAT and NTFS - needed for larger SDCards
- Multicoloured notification lights - AOSP gives us white lights only
- Quick settings - easily accessible by swiping down the right side of the status bar
- Advanced reboot - Always available in the power menu
- ADB and SU security - root access is disabled by default
So without further delay, here is your download link:
I assume you will also want to install GAPPS
, the version I recommend is the FULL
version created by the Paranoid Android
team from THIS THREAD
For your first install you will need to flash the boot.img from inside the zip - SELinux changes for Android 4.4 will cause the zip to fail on other recoveries.
If you want to chat about recaf, join the Freenode IRC chat room #recaf