Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4+] SkipLock Beta - Skip the lock screen (Formerly Unlock With WiFi) 4/17

Tip us?

Ben74
Old
(Last edited by Ben74; 3rd May 2014 at 08:22 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 187
Angry [APP][4+] SkipLock Beta - Skip the lock screen (Formerly Unlock With WiFi) 4/17

The app is now live on Google Play.

Thanks to all my beta testers for helping me iron out the wrinkles. I will still post beta versions here when I have new features that need testing.

Tired of entering your password all the time? SkipLock lets you skip past the lock screen when you're connected to a designated wifi or bluetooth device. When you're at home or in your car, your phone is safe and you don't need to be typing in that damn password all the time. When you're connected to your wifi network, or any bluetooth device, you can go straight to the home screen when you press the power button. You can even have it keep the phone unlocked while you're connected to a bluetooth keychain or headset. As soon as the phone gets out of range, it locks.

This is a public beta. SkipLock is a complete rewrite of Unlock With WiFi. Why rewrite it? This blog post explains the reasoning behind it.

Here are the new features in SkipLock:
  • Pattern and face unlock supported on rooted devices
  • Completely redesigned Android 4+ user interface
  • No background service = less memory usage and more reliable
  • No status bar icon required (but itís still an option). Tray-only notifications also an option.
  • If you have notifications enabled, you can now tap the notification to instantly lock the device
  • Even more cool stuff coming later

Many of the existing features from Unlock With WiFi will also be in the new app. Some of them are:
  • Automatically turn off wifi when leaving home
  • Automatically turn on/off bluetooth
  • Automatically turn on/off sync
  • WidgetLocker integration
  • Lock delay has been removed because Android 4+ supports it natively now

If you have a bug to report, press Bug Report in the app's menu. This will send me some diagnostic information that will help me figure out what's wrong. This is the quickest way to get a response. You may post more general questions in this thread, and I will try to answer them, but bug reports sent directly to me take precedence.

SkipLock requires Android 4.0 or above. Root is required for patterns and face unlock. Only PINs and passwords are supported without root.
Nexus 5 | Galaxy Nexus | Kindle Fire | Samsung Captivate | NookColor | T-Mobile G1
Developer of SkipLock, Touch Pilot, Unlock With WiFi, NookColor Tools, and Choose Browser
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Ben74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben74
Old
(Last edited by Ben74; 3rd January 2014 at 10:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 187
Default SkipLock FAQ

The FAQ is now being maintained on my website.
Nexus 5 | Galaxy Nexus | Kindle Fire | Samsung Captivate | NookColor | T-Mobile G1
Developer of SkipLock, Touch Pilot, Unlock With WiFi, NookColor Tools, and Choose Browser
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MajorGaz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Crashes on startup on CM 10.2 M1 on HTC One

Ben74
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGaz View Post
Crashes on startup on CM 10.2 M1 on HTC One
sorry about that! it is the first release of the beta, so please bear with me. can you email me the log file? it's at /sdcard/SkipLock.log. send it to support at benhirashima dot you know what.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bionic22
Old
(Last edited by Bionic22; 12th November 2013 at 01:10 AM.) Reason: Crashes, not force closes
Thanks Meter 28
Default Crashes

This seems like a really great and useful app. However I can't seem to access it. Every time I click on the app it just crashes.

Running Droid Bionic with Jelly Bean [4.1.2]

Ben74
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic22 View Post
This seems like a really great and useful app. However I can't seem to access it. Every time I click on the app it just crashes.

Running Droid Bionic with Jelly Bean [4.1.2]
sorry, corrupted apk file! i just uploaded a new one that works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D3_
Old
Thanks Meter 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben74 View Post
sorry, corrupted apk file! i just uploaded a new one that works.
Seems to work fine on my Nexus 5.
Only tested the WiFi setting though, not bluetooth.

Are there any plans to unlock with NFC too? I should be getting an NFC ring soon and I'd love for it to work with that, so when I grab my phone there's no PIN/password but when others get hold of it it requires a PIN/password.

Ben74
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3_ View Post
Seems to work fine on my Nexus 5.
Only tested the WiFi setting though, not bluetooth.

Are there any plans to unlock with NFC too? I should be getting an NFC ring soon and I'd love for it to work with that, so when I grab my phone there's no PIN/password but when others get hold of it it requires a PIN/password.
i would love to do that too, but unfortunately, the NFC reader is not active unless the phone is already awake and unlocked. that goes for most phones anyway. obviously, there are some exceptions, like the moto x.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D3_
Old
Thanks Meter 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben74 View Post
i would love to do that too, but unfortunately, the NFC reader is not active unless the phone is already awake and unlocked. that goes for most phones anyway. obviously, there are some exceptions, like the moto x.
True, but there are plenty of custom ROMs and even xposed modules which allow you to enable NFC with the screen off or with the screen on and the phone locked.
Still, if it's not something you're willing to add, there's nothing I can do to change that. The app works great as it is.

Ben74
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3_ View Post
True, but there are plenty of custom ROMs and even xposed modules which allow you to enable NFC with the screen off or with the screen on and the phone locked.
Still, if it's not something you're willing to add, there's nothing I can do to change that. The app works great as it is.
hmm, that's interesting. maybe i'll look into it when i get a chance.