XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint Dialer Codes

Tip us?

RevolcFael4
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
Btw, you do know that I posted this dialer code 5689#*980# hours before puch0021 did and I am sure he just looked at this thread and answered your question.

About your broken knock-on, what settings did you change? If you can't even remember that you shouldn't have accessed the menu in the first place.
I deleted that comment, I was oblivious of the fact that you already posted the same thing.

Honestly I clicked on multiple ones but only saw a response from a few.

1. "charging Mode On/Off." It flicks from on to off,b but I think it always does that.

2. "Device Test" opened something.

3. "Prx Drx On Off" > "LTE + WCDMA." It turned something red and I clicked on the remaining two items, which displayed some data. Im there now and everything is clear.

4."LGODL On/Off" showed me a star. I dont see it anymore. I think it was that menu item that displayed the star.

5. "ATS Start Property." I turned it on and off. Its currently off.

Can you explain the significance of: GSM SMS Test/ GCF Memory Full SMMA Test. image of saluting woman.

Thanks for your help! I watched this video
out of shame and feel just like that idiot
Current Devices

Sprint LG G2 (LG-LS980) Soon To be rooted...
HTC EVO 3D (Shooter - 3VO) - S-OFF - H-BOOT 1.58 Junopunut Bear

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolcFael4 View Post
I deleted that comment, I was oblivious of the fact that you already posted the same thing.

Honestly I clicked on multiple ones but only saw a response from a few.

1. "charging Mode On/Off." It flicks from on to off,b but I think it always does that.

2. "Device Test" opened something.

3. "Prx Drx On Off" > "LTE + WCDMA." It turned something red and I clicked on the remaining two items, which displayed some data. Im there now and everything is clear.

4."LGODL On/Off" showed me a star. I dont see it anymore. I think it was that menu item that displayed the star.

5. "ATS Start Property." I turned it on and off. Its currently off.

Can you explain the significance of: GSM SMS Test/ GCF Memory Full SMMA Test. image of saluting woman.

Thanks for your help! I watched this video
out of shame and feel just like that idiot
I don't know what all these properties do which is why I don't even touch them in the first place. I would tell you just to restore a nandroid backup and hopefully will fix the problem.

The only reason why I posted the dialer code was for that were curious about accessing the hidden menu to be able to turn off the thermal throttling for the GPU. Also someone else was able to find out a way to enable LTE only mode on the phone. Other than that, I wouldn't be touching any settings unless you know full well what you are doing.

RevolcFael4
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
I don't know what all these properties do which is why I don't even touch them in the first place. I would tell you just to restore a nandroid backup and hopefully will fix the problem.

The only reason why I posted the dialer code was for that were curious about accessing the hidden menu to be able to turn off the thermal throttling for the GPU. Also someone else was able to find out a way to enable LTE only mode on the phone. Other than that, I wouldn't be touching any settings unless you know full well what you are doing.
Yea, I understand. I'm just curious. The first thing I did with this phone is go into the settings. I love settings.
Current Devices

lowpro3210
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Yea, I understand. I'm just curious. The first thing I did with this phone is go into the settings. I love settings.
whats turning off the thermal throttling do?

RevolcFael4
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpro3210 View Post
whats turning off the thermal throttling do?
Its supposed to speed up your phone and remove lag, but I think then your phone will heat faster, thus the name thermal throttling.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote:

Notification light isn't working as well. I did some stupid ****.
Current Devices

The Following User Says Thank You to RevolcFael4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Its supposed to speed up your phone and remove lag, but I think then your phone will heat faster, thus the name thermal throttling.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Notification light isn't working as well. I did some stupid ****.
Just do a nandroid restore and it probably should fix your problem. If you didn't do a nandroid backup then shame on you. Last case resort is to flash back to stock.

RevolcFael4
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Just do a nandroid restore and it probably should fix your problem. If you didn't do a nandroid backup then shame on you. Last case resort is to flash back to stock.
No I always have a backup.

I fixed it though, but the problem itself actually makes no sense. I messed with the secret menu and after a reboot knock-on and LED notification stopped working.

Skipping unnecessary information, I found out that those settings were turned off. I turned it back on and it worked. I didn't go into stock system settings for days, so how come these specific settings were changed?
Current Devices

david black
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barshalen View Post
I called Sprint and asked for my MSL number and she gave it to me, no questions asked. Also you can just ask them for the instructions to program your phone, and the six digit dialer code they give you is your MSL.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Same here. She asked what it was for and I said development purposes - verified account info and she gave me the six digits. I'm quite pleased with Sprint's service recently.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Current
Sprint LG G2 - ROM + Kernel change way too frequently to hyperlink
Evo LTE S-OFF - Sense 5 / 4.3

Rarely Used
HP Touchpad - Soft Bricked at the moment (WebOS still works)
Evo 4G - Shattered Digitizer
iPod Touch - Stock iOS 5.0

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0160 View Post
I would like to find all dialer codes that work for the Sprint Version.

5689#*980# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to EricDabbs
##RTN# - RTN Menu*
##SCRTN# - Erases any info that has been OTA provisioned. Forces a reboot and re-activation.
##DIAG# - Enables diag mode. this menu blocked by MSL. Simply enter your msl*
##DATA# - Advanced data menu. *
##DEBUG# - Debug Menu*
##CLEAR# - Reset network settings
##UPDATE# - Forces Activation
##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS
##GPSTESTPRL# - ??
##WLAN# - WLAN info*
##LOG# - syslog info*
##MRU# - MRU Clear
##SSDRTN# - Reset SSD
##TEST - Data Test menu*
##YOUROWNMSLHERE# - Service Programming menu*

##443336772# Shows MSL code near the bottom of the screen thanks mojo4321
##4433386368# - Developer menu* - What is SKT Sprint?
##4437736368# - Producer menu*

Most of these work credit to AutoPrime Optimus G
Thanks to all who helped
Got another dialer code for you that some people will really like.

##443336772# - Instantly get your 6 digit MSL code.

Credits go out to The_Chemist over at S4GRU.com
The Following User Says Thank You to ericdabbs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chris0160
Old
(Last edited by chris0160; 30th November 2013 at 02:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Mojo beat him to it by days, check the most thanked area....