elshalopr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I hate this app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

knng
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i realized that we dont have any phone app causing that. in my first post i said it must be the dolphin browser and i uninstalled it, used firefox and did not see mobogenie .for a couple of days. i was going to be happy but today when visiting some web page it came again! i looked logcat there was nothing. came back to website again and saw that there is an ad. box running with javascript causing mobogenie app install or opening mobogenie install page of the market.. ads were related to ro2.biz and ads.blueads.com thats it..

Mobogenie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by knng View Post
i realized that we dont have any phone app causing that. in my first post i said it must be the dolphin browser and i uninstalled it, used firefox and did not see mobogenie .for a couple of days. i was going to be happy but today when visiting some web page it came again! i looked logcat there was nothing. came back to website again and saw that there is an ad. box running with javascript causing mobogenie app install or opening mobogenie install page of the market.. ads were related to ro2.biz and ads.blueads.com thats it..
Hi knng,
Thank you for providing the links. you wont see mobogenie add soon on these link. if you have any other issue or you face any other problem then you can contact us on : support @ mobogenie . com / on facebook [unable to post the link because of forum restrictions]
We will try our level best to support and resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Mobogenie App is in its initial stages on later stages it will be in much better condition.
if you guyz have any suggestion or feature request then too please let us know.

Thanks & Regards

Team Mobogenie

Mobogenie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself

Hi Guyz,

Can you guyz provide me the website link that you were visiting just before you started to get the mobogenie apk install.

this will help us a lot to track and stop it.

Thanks & Reagrds

Team Mobogenie

lucalunardi
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobogenie View Post
Hi Guyz,

Can you guyz provide me the website link that you were visiting just before you started to get the mobogenie apk install.

this will help us a lot to track and stop it.

Thanks & Reagrds

Team Mobogenie
It showed up randomly for me. I got it while browsing a bunch of sites such as Xda, android police, nasa, space.com and some others. I got the download request even while browsing through Flipboard.

As you can see in the previous posts others report a bunch of other sites too.

I stopped receiving the download request after I deactivated all personalized ads from my google account ( www.google.com.br/ads/preferences) and deactivated the RootPA.apk on my system (com.gd.mobicore.pa).

I'm not sure wich solved the issue but I sorted it out myself long before you guys show up here...

Sent from my phone using the "Send" button.

g_gourlay
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help - it happened to me too - a noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucalunardi View Post
It showed up randomly for me. I got it while browsing a bunch of sites such as Xda, android police, nasa, space.com and some others. I got the download request even while browsing through Flipboard.

I stopped receiving the download request after I deactivated all personalized ads from my google account ( www.google.com.br/ads/preferences) and deactivated the RootPA.apk on my system (com.gd.mobicore.pa).

I'm not sure wich solved the issue but I sorted it out myself long before you guys show up here...

Luca/guys ...

It happened to me as well today on my Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) after update to JB. I got it when browsing super-standard websites on either the stock android browser or on Chrome. I'm guessing that it's from the Adsense adverts embedded in the websites ... as I don't download ANYTHING on my tablet.

Luca: can you please give me - an android noob - an idea about the RootPA.apk that you mention on your system. To me, it sounds like a rooted device whereas my device is unrooted. If its not a rooted apk file, could you tell me how to deactivate it?

Thanks.

lucalunardi
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_gourlay View Post
Luca/guys ...

Luca: can you please give me - an android noob - an idea about the RootPA.apk that you mention on your system. To me, it sounds like a rooted device whereas my device is unrooted. If its not a rooted apk file, could you tell me how to deactivate it?

Thanks.
Sure man.

This apk was the only one I've got on my system that I couldn't figure out from where it came from. None of the apps I use suffered any problem with it deactivated neither it has anything to do with my device being rooted (It was there before). Google was not my friend.

You can go to Config -> Application manager. Swipe to the "all" tab. To check if you have it on your system. Unfortunately you if you click it you'll see that it's not possible to disable it through system. Only root can help you then.

I'd like to make clear that I'm not sure wether disabling this app or changing the google Ads setting fixed the problem (maybe them both together) since I did both at the same moment and never reverted back.

Mobogenie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucalunardi View Post

I stopped receiving the download request after I deactivated all personalized ads from my google account ( and deactivated the RootPA.apk on my system

Thank you very much Lucalunardi this information will really help. and as per me i think Deactivating the personalized ads may have done the trick for you. Because its just the ads that are causing this.

Thanks once again Lucalunardi

Regards

Team Mobogenie
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobogenie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

docslate
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Absolutely certain this is where I picked it up

http://d-h.st/JPq
Only the middle "download" icon is a true download link for the intended file.
The top and bottom are shams which I opened first. Started to download Mobogenie which I didn't install. Several minutes later I got another "download in progress". I'm not sure if the process stopped. If it didn't I'm just going to restore a ROM backup I made 2 days ago.

redh4t
Old
Thanks Meter 16
The same thing happened to me as i was downloading newest KitKat "google search.apk 3.1.8" from http://d-h-st/ .
Smartphone: Motorola Moto G
Android version: 4.4.2