Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself

Tip us?

lucalunardi
Old
Thanks Meter 39
So, after almost a month I got this freaking annoying app showing up again. I swear I would set mobogenie servers on fire. For now all I can and am going to do is to make sure nobody near me will ever install any app from them. Course you mobogenie!

Sent from my phone using the "Send" button.

wicked1683
Old
Thanks Meter 14
This is getting worst! Can't Google do anything about this? Block popup window you don't want! Like popup blocker of Mozilla Firefox in Windows! This is the worst Adware I ever encountered! I'm browsing random website and I dont want this F#$%ng Mobogenie!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to wicked1683 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AbhishekS
Old
Thanks Meter 660
Let us all give 1 star on their app on the Play Store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Galaxy Nexus user | Proud Virender Sehwag fan | Visit My Blog | Follow me on Twitter: @AbhishekMSharma | Add me on Google+
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhishekS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucalunardi
Old
(Last edited by lucalunardi; 11th December 2013 at 03:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekS View Post
Let us all give 1 star on their app on the Play Store.

I agree and already did that.

Suggestion:

Copy and paste the coment below on the mobogenie app store. ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ogenie.markets )

Dear mobogenie team.

We users are really annoyed by your move of pushing your Mobogenie_1501.apk to our phones without our explicit consent. Using this as advertise is really backfiring on you. Please reconsider you advertising policy and fix this ASAP. Check XDA thread (showthread.php?t=2523379) for more info.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to lucalunardi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AbhishekS
Old
Thanks Meter 660
Yes, let's of all of us do this. I just did it.

Galaxy Nexus user | Proud Virender Sehwag fan | Visit My Blog | Follow me on Twitter: @AbhishekMSharma | Add me on Google+
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhishekS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wabmorgan
Old
(Last edited by wabmorgan; 12th December 2013 at 03:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have it as well. In my case I didn't install it. It is though still trying to download itself.

I do know it is being "pushed" from

"http://upload.voga360.com/mu/android/release/10/1_0_4/mobogenie_1541.apk"

I suspect it is stuck in the browser cache. I suspect it was a false download link on the page linked to the googlemail 4.7 apk download link.

I am glad I didn't install this.

I hate ads.

PaTrIcKbUsT
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up I think its because they promoted their product by monetize it

I think some of their partner spam it coz they monetized it and that makes them downloading automatically like the virus adware in PC they display adware to earn money.. But their products are safe I use it still now. I dont get some malwares in it, and they have some free paid apps.but i had some problems .when i download something i noticed that my PC runs slow and slow internet connection...:rolley es::rolley es::rolley es:

bajaj
Old
Thanks Meter 5
But we have to install it first before we can give 1 star and put review, no?
I don't want to install it.
@tapatalk

lucalunardi
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaj View Post
But we have to install it first before we can give 1 star and put review, no?
I don't want to install it.
@tapatalk
No... You don't need to... Just follow the link and rate.

hvguy
Old
(Last edited by hvguy; 17th December 2013 at 07:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I too just got this, i was browsing rule34 ( yeah yeah, id rather be honest in where it originated) I was on chrome on my evo4g lte, and after clicking a link to the next page it popped up a page in chrome, and immediately opened the factory internet browser and downloaded com.mobogenie_b38e33edd93c7c2a78c37403b176b249_e2c 4w2c4b4v203.apk the file says it originated from mmtrkar.com however when I go there its a blank page, when I use the about me function from i forget where, it says the website is blocking bots and it cannon retrieve any info, so I goto figure out who owns it and its a little fishy that it was recently registered on Nov 20th 2013. http://whois.domaintools.com/mmtrkar.com