FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP]SELinuxModeChanger

13th November 2013, 12:02 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chernihiv
Thanks Meter: 1,061
 
More
Now opensourced under gplv3! GITHUB
Also you can get it in f-droid! F-DROID page

There are lots of folks around who already has KitKat on their devices. But kitkat comes with new secutity enhancement, SELinux, put into "enforcing mode". Maybe This thing is good from the point of security, but it breaks some Root Apps, like my Ultimate Dynamic Navbar, so I created this app.

What does it do? This app can change modes of SELinux:
Run app, give root access, select the mode you want SELinux to be in(permissive or enforcing) and that's all. Every time you reboot your device app will execute the script to change SELinux to the mode you've selected. Simple and stupid.


SELinuxModeChanger-v3.2.apk

Google Play Link

My google play account was banned because of selinux stuff ;/


know issues:
- [THEORETICALLY] doesn't work with Samsung KNOX.




XDA:DevDB Information
SELinuxModeChanger, App for the Android General

Contributors
MrBIMC

Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.0
Stable Release Date: 2015-04-27

Created 2013-11-13
Last Updated 2015-05-17
The Following 151 Users Say Thank You to MrBIMC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
13th November 2013, 12:12 AM |#2  
WEM97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Redmond
Thanks Meter: 909
 
Donate to Me
More
With all the hype over SELinux Permissive and Enforcing, Ill be glad to test this out
13th November 2013, 12:18 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chernihiv
Thanks Meter: 1,061
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEM97

With all the hype over SELinux Permissive and Enforcing, Ill be glad to test this out

Post your results once you've tested. Cuz I'm on custom kernel now that has SELinux completely disabled and didn't really tested this app
13th November 2013, 12:27 AM |#4  
Ather's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag East Riffa
Thanks Meter: 140
 
More
Does not work on my N9005 stock, i open the app, grant it root access, click on passive and hust to make sure i rebooted, still when i goto settings/about i get enforcing written...
13th November 2013, 12:35 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chernihiv
Thanks Meter: 1,061
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ather

Does not work on my N9005 stock, i open the app, grant it root access, click on passive and hust to make sure i rebooted, still when i goto settings/about i get enforcing written...

I don't sure the string there will actually change. Better test by executing this in some terminal emulator:

Code:
su
/system/bin/getenforce
Last edited by MrBIMC; 13th November 2013 at 12:39 AM.
13th November 2013, 12:41 AM |#6  
Ather's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag East Riffa
Thanks Meter: 140
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIMC

I don't sure the string there will actually change. Better test by executing this in some terminal emulator:

Code:
su
/system/bin/getenforce

Outputs: Enforcing
The Following User Says Thank You to Ather For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 12:44 AM |#7  
WEM97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Redmond
Thanks Meter: 909
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIMC

Post your results once you've tested. Cuz I'm on custom kernel now that has SELinux completely disabled and didn't really tested this app

Same as the other guy. Passive to Passive. Post reboot of course.
13th November 2013, 12:48 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chernihiv
Thanks Meter: 1,061
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEM97

Same as the other guy. Passive to Passive. Post reboot of course.


Just flashed stock kernel. Indeed. Works only untill reboot. After that - no Will work on a fix now!


UPD: Switched few times into different states - it works. Works when device is booted, works after reboot(wait till notification appear - go to "about phone".). Rebooted ~10 times to check it out - everything works fine for me(galaxy nexus, android 4.4)!

Dunno, guys. Maybe that's root denial in your case or something like this?
Waiting for more replies.
Last edited by MrBIMC; 13th November 2013 at 01:02 AM.
13th November 2013, 01:31 AM |#9  
Ather's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag East Riffa
Thanks Meter: 140
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIMC


Just flashed stock kernel. Indeed. Works only untill reboot. After that - no Will work on a fix now!


UPD: Switched few times into different states - it works. Works when device is booted, works after reboot(wait till notification appear - go to "about phone".). Rebooted ~10 times to check it out - everything works fine for me(galaxy nexus, android 4.4)!

Dunno, guys. Maybe that's root denial in your case or something like this?
Waiting for more replies.

Could be the knox not letting it set?
13th November 2013, 01:40 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chernihiv
Thanks Meter: 1,061
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ather

Could be the knox not letting it set?

Don't know. Will look to it tommorow. It's almost 4 am here, so I'm going to sleep now.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrBIMC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes