No registration required

[Q] LG G2 Bricked! PLEASE HELP!!!

OP simon_lefisch

13th November 2013, 09:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 389

1,405 posts
More
i have the VZW G2 (VS-980) and its stuck in fastboot mode. ive tried all the different methods listed in these forums and nothing has worked. i cant get into download mode as everytime i try, download mode shows for a second then goes into fastboot mode again. PLEASE HELP!!
13th November 2013, 09:47 AM   |  #2  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 312

1,082 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch

i have the VZW G2 (VS-980) and its stuck in fastboot mode. ive tried all the different methods listed in these forums and nothing has worked. i cant get into download mode as everytime i try, download mode shows for a second then goes into fastboot mode again. PLEASE HELP!!

How the hell did you brick it? Give us some more background on what tweaks, root methods, flashing recovery methods did you use or else its hard to diagnose the issue.
13th November 2013, 10:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs

How the hell did you brick it? Give us some more background on what tweaks, root methods, flashing recovery methods did you use or else its hard to diagnose the issue.

ok. i was on stock. rooted with the IO method. wanted to flash a ROM (clean rom). downloaded ROM, wipe dalvik/cache/data. after reboot, phone booted into recovery mode. tried going into download mode to revert back to stock and LG FlashTool failed. said phone was the wrong model number (D802). the ROM i Downloaded said it was for VZW G2. obviously it wasnt. so i finally ended up using fastboot to push boot image and it booted, but in about phone, it says it D802 model (i just got it to boot, where as before i was stuck in fastboot mode). now i need to return to stock, but dont know how. any ideas?
13th November 2013, 11:05 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 200

810 posts
Check out this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=bricked
13th November 2013, 11:25 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarfsan

Check out this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=bricked

well, i actually was able to restore a backup i had of my stock rom and that fixed the model number prob, however now i cant get into download mode so i can do a reflash :/
13th November 2013, 11:37 AM   |  #6  

810 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch

well, i actually was able to restore a backup i had of my stock rom and that fixed the model number prob, however now i cant get into download mode so i can do a reflash :/

Even following the steps posted in that thread?
13th November 2013, 11:45 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

1,405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarfsan

Even following the steps posted in that thread?

yes. not sure why its doing that. is there any way that download mode can be deleted from the phone? also, how do you get into fastboot mode?

EDIT: nevermind. i finally got it into download mode!! (thank god!!) flashing right now. damn that was a pain in the ass. i was starting to freak out that i messed up my phone. this is my first LG phone so this process is a little new to me (been on moto for the last few years) thanks for trying to help me out. this was def a learning experience.
Last edited by simon_lefisch; 13th November 2013 at 12:09 PM.
13th November 2013, 12:41 PM   |  #8  

810 posts
Phew, I'm glad to hear that. Some day I will be in the same situation

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th November 2013, 02:59 PM   |  #9  
Flag SD
Thanks Meter: 789

2,376 posts
Donate to Me
Just a quick question. Why would you even need to go into download mode to flash a Rom? Never once have I done that. Really, just curious.

Thanks Devs. From my VZW G2.
13th November 2013, 03:07 PM   |  #10  
Flag Manhattan
Thanks Meter: 38

157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickster2369

Just a quick question. Why would you even need to go into download mode to flash a Rom? Never once have I done that. Really, just curious.

Thanks Devs. From my VZW G2.

I was thinking the same thing. It's best to stay out of those modes. Get a recovery installed ASAP and do everything that you need to do from there. I recommend TWRP Recovery.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, help !, lgg2, vs980
Previous Thread Next Thread