* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do
* some research if you have any concerns about features included
* in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these
* modifications, and if you point the finger at us for
* messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
KitKang ROM is a ROM built from the CyanogenMod 11 source, with some cherrypicks added for features and functionality.
#56346 LockScreen: allow long-press actions from hardware keys (1/2) #56357 LockScreen: allow long-press actions from hardware keys (2/2) #55209 Forward port Status Bar interface (1/2) #55211 Forward port Status Bar settings (2/2)
1. Make sure you are unlocked and running the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery (Either Touch or Non-Touch is fine). If you do not know how to unlock your bootloader or install recovery, follow these steps.
2. Make sure you are running the latest firmware version. If you do not know what firmware version you are running, you can check in Settings in the "About Phone" tab. Currently, the latest firmware is VRBMF1, and a recovery flashable of the firmware can be found here. To install, simply reboot to ClockworkMod and flash the zip file.
3. Backup everything you need. All of your files will be deleted! To backup your apps, I recommend using Helium. It is very easy and straightforward.
4. Download the ROM and G-Apps from the links provided and copy them over to your phone via USB cable.
5. Reboot to recovery. To do so, either use the built in reboot option to recovery in ROMs such as CyanogenMod, or power down and hold Power + Home + Vol Up and you should be in recovery.
6. Wipe the data, system, cache, and dalvik cache partitions in recovery. (Dalvik wipe is located in Advanced Settings)
7. Install the ROM and G-Apps files
8. Reboot and setup your phone!
Updating From A Previous KitKang Nightly?
1. Download the ROM and G-Apps from the links provided and copy them over to your phone via USB cable.
2. Reboot to recovery. To do so, either use the built in reboot option to recovery in ROMs such as CyanogenMod, or power down and hold Power + Home + Vol Up and you should be in recovery.
3. Wipe the cache and dalvik cache partitions in recovery. (Dalvik wipe is located in Advanced Settings)
4. Install the ROM and G-Apps files
(Note: This is a folder, and has all of my builds. Download the one you want. If you don't know what to download, use the latest.
Not supported or recommended because of stability issues. However, this does include the new dialer with Google Search support. Use with caution. If you do not know which G-Appps package to use, use the first link.
KitKang Rom CM11 Kangs, a ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
dmeadows013, XRaptor29, cammykool, tvall
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: VRBMF1
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2014-01-01