[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread

didhiy

Mar 29, 2011
Jakarta
HUGE incoming call lag (5s) :(
I mean, this is basic's phone funcionality. Please try to improve it.
THanks very much for your work.
tested on aries ntt & epic4g cm-11 too, actually it always show the contact picture in 2nd ring (heared by caller). in first ring (heared by caller) only sound appear.
maybe this a new feature that introduce in kitkat like someone already explained few pages back.

g3ar

Dec 18, 2012
Nasice
on nightly 08012 , i tried with hangouts and default SMS app . I want to pay something via sms, but it says sending and after few seconds android stopped com.android.phone ( sorry for big logcat , dont have much time but on bottom you will find it )

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    268 KB · Views: 15

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
HUGE incoming call lag (5s) :(
I mean, this is basic's phone funcionality. Please try to improve it.
THanks very much for your work.

Bug report format & logcat

on nightly 08012 , i tried with hangouts and default SMS app . I want to pay something via sms, but it says sending and after few seconds android stopped com.android.phone ( sorry for big logcat , dont have much time but on bottom you will find it )

Known issue. See first post.

superkoal

Sep 24, 2011
Vienna
The latest builds are truly amazing, i got so many background services running and still 160 mb ram free.
I'm using semaphore bigmem, but even with stock configuration it works fine.
Thank you, pawitp!

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
I'm on 20131206 build and sometimes the recent menu will be blank. This has happened in older unofficial build also.. The last ones.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386609831886.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386609831886.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 478

ovu85

Sep 22, 2011
I'm on 20131206 build and sometimes the recent menu will be blank. This has happened in older unofficial build also.. The last ones.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

i allso had this problem with launcher3, but then i set as default the "launcher" and didn;t had any problems.

Ommadawn101

Apr 4, 2011
Bug report format & logcat
I understand and fully agree that bugs should be reported methodically, and logcat be attached.
Having said that, in the case of something as simple and basic as the terrible incoming call lag, I think it is totally unnecessary.
It does not take a complicated procedure to re-create the bug.
Simply use a phone to call your I9000, and watch the result.
It is so frustrating! The phone rings, but there's nothing on screen! You simply cannot answer the incoming call for 3-5 seconds.

nexzor

Apr 21, 2012
I understand and fully agree that bugs should be reported methodically, and logcat be attached.
Having said that, in the case of something as simple and basic as the terrible incoming call lag, I think it is totally unnecessary.
It is so frustrating! The phone rings, but there's nothing on screen! You simply cannot answer the incoming call for 3-5 seconds.

don´t say such things. there were already bugs wich were easy to reproduce but some peaople could not reproduce them. you should think a bout that pawitp maybe could not reproduce the bug.
the second thing is, that pawitp is using his i9000 only as a spare phone, with no sim card in it and maybe he has not the time or simply has no micro-sim adapter to test it on his phone.

maybe i can try somthing on the weekand. but i have to set up the phone first. at the moment it´s running linux

Reactions: didhiy

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
I`m using nightly 20131209 and two hours ago i got a call and for me it was working as it should be ...

I had this problem too on the 8/12 nightly. It is not as bad on the 7/12 nightly, only 1-2 seconds delay. I can live with that.
Can you please report back with the 9/12 nightly?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I think that was the idea for pawitp to set "low-ram" in the build.prop as "true" because of our lower hardware

I think that status bar has never been really fluid in my i9000 but in kk is even worse, I guess hardware is not powerful enough..

Pjuuder

Sep 6, 2010
Lieksa
I dont know if its just me, but when phone is connected to pc, I receive a call and it has a different ringtone then normally. Can some1 duplicate this? Im such a noob that I cant get a logcat.

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
I understand you,too BUT i think when pawitp gets your logcat it is easier to find the error or the mishandling in several functions ...

And don`t be frustrated: There are not so many devices which getting CM 11 and remember it is NIGHTLY, not stable, and you aren`t forced to use nightlies ...

So head up and we all carry on to support pawitp during his great great work !!!:good:

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Hope this can help you:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_debugging_with_logcat

I dont know if its just me, but when phone is connected to pc, I receive a call and it has a different ringtone then normally. Can some1 duplicate this? Im such a noob that I cant get a logcat.

Reactions: sergyum

Gvdn

Jan 23, 2011

GTFO seriously.... GTFO

Ungrateful Prick. If its all that easy go ahead and fix it yourself.
And if u would only invest a split second of the time Pawitp spends on developing for our old phone you could have found out its a CM wide problem and not only our phone.

Just to make sure your get the message ...... GTFO

Go back to stock Samsung rom and be happy with 2.3.6

Prolly get banned for this comment but pricks like this should be told they are pricks tbh.

everb00b

Dec 1, 2011
The Gulag
During a call the Data (3G\HSDPA Internet) isn't working - basically is turned off.
It worked on CM 10.1/10.2, I think theres a commit that needs to be ported.

Pawit, do you need anything for this issue?

Last edited:

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
....It is so frustrating! The phone rings, but there's nothing on screen!....

Didn't you have so many little bugs with CM10.2 as well? May there be just something wrong with your phone sample?

BTW, lag can have many causes. Logcat discovers which one was it. No way for developer to help you without it.

sent from i9000 & pawitp's CM10.2 & Semaphore 3.3.0s & bigmem patch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=galaxysmtd
    Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Installation

- First time flashing CM11 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
    (Note: a more detailed instruction for first-time install is available on CM Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_galaxysmtd)
    1. If you're on a ROM prior to 2.3, upgrade to 2.3 is recommended.
    2. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery (e.g. Semaphore_2.7.4.tar from http://www.semaphore.gr/downloads).
    3. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    4. Do a Nandroid backup!
    5. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    6. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    7. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM10/10.1?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. You will finally see a "set_metadata_recursive" status 7 error. That is normal.
    4. Reboot back into recovery (the reboot is required)
    5. Install the ROM again from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally restore /data from Nandroid Backup (the update will wipe your /data)
    7. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM10.2?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from another build of CM11?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    Warning: You may get set_metadata_recursive related-errors during install if you're using a custom kernel without SELinux support. In that case, revert to the stock kernel before continuing or follow the instruction for upgrading from CM10.1.
    Note: The partition layout of CM11 is the same as CM10.2.

Known Issues
    Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
    • Some CyanogenMod features a missing - please do not file bug reports for those.
    • Cannot set value via custom brightness "Edit" menu
    • No account selected for Backup (gapps problem?)

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    ART Runtime:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

FAQ
    Why is there no transparent status bar/lockscreen widget/"OK Google"?
    Those features have been disabled by Google for low RAM device in order to save RAM. You can try enabling it by removing "ro.config.low_ram=true" from /system/build.prop, however, it is not an officially supported setup.

Does this ROM support FM radio?
    I've checked and the new FM API in CM is not really compatible with our device without heavy modification. Applications using the new API expect to be able to read the FM input as it if were another stream, but FM on our device only does pass-through from FM receiver to speaker/headset, which causes certain functionalities to not work such as volume control. Maybe one can modify the audio routing table in the kernel to have it behave like the API expected, but I'm not really interested in investing time to do that.

TL;DR: No built-in FM radio except if someone else does it and submits a patch.

Why aren't configurations with more than 368 MB used?
    Kernels with more than 368 MB have to sacrifice high-bitrate HD playback ability. The current memory configuration has been designed for maximum compatibility.

Wi-Fi AP does not work after restoring /data with CWM
    CWM does not handle SELinux very well yet. Run this in a root shell to clear all wifi data and reboot.

Code:
    rm -rf /data/misc/wifi

Changelog
    A rough changelog is available here:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/galaxysmtd/next or http://www.cmxlog.com/11/galaxysmtd/

For previous unofficial releases, see here

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Need more RAM?

Need more RAM?

Using CMA, memory usually reserved for hardware (camera, video encoding/decoding, jpeg encoding) can be freed for use by applications when they are not in-use. All features, including 720p recording, high-rate video decoding, etc. will still work as before.

This is a WIP. No ETA. There are still a lot of problems with it and it might not be released at all if I don't have time to fix all the issues. Please don't ask to test either, if I need testers, I'd post it in this thread.
    • Added TV Out in Settings -> Display -> Advanced Settings
    • Prevent back button from being pressed in incoming call screen
    • Fixed Browser FC in Advanced -> Website settings
    • Fixed Quick Access Ribbon gone when switching from Quick Settings
    • Fixed 2G/3G Quick Settings toggle
    • Fixed stuttering FLAC music playback
    About RAM mode

Due to an oversight, this build wasn't shipped with low RAM mode enabled. If anyone wants to try, you can add "ro.config.low_ram=true" to your /system/build.prop.

This will disable several features such as translucent status bar, lock screen widgets.

Future builds will ship with this option enabled. (This is actually mandated by the Android CTS. Those that prefer the effects over low memory usage must manually remove the config from build.prop. Before anyone asks, it won't be configurable from Settings.)
    20131118 uploaded.

This should provide better performance if you use zRAM (Settings -> Performance -> Memory Management). Please try the various settings and report back how it affects your experience.