Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone actually received kit kat update yet?

Tip us?

jackthebomb
Old
Thanks Meter 1
All I really want is the transparent nav bars using nova beta... What other features do we even get?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Dime-Baggins
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdhall View Post
KitKat is running just fine on my and many other N7s around the globe. If, however, there is some elusive flaw they end up fixing with 4.4.1, I'll just update from 4.4 when it happens.

I can understand the frustration someone might have waiting for an update out there in the rest of the world. What I can't understand is how someone can come here, to XDA, see that several very nice people have gone to the trouble to solve the problem they're frustrated about, and still create post after post complaining. You're upset that the Verizon Moto X has KitKat and you don't? XDA feels your pain, and fixed it. How come you're still upset?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Not really sure if or why this was directed at me. I was just trying to help people.

xdhall
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime-Baggins View Post
Not really sure if or why this was directed at me. I was just trying to help people.
First bit was for you, cause you're worried that KitKat is secretly broken.

mgerbasio
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
Yea, that's the only one I found but I would have thought the delay would have got some attention especially with Motorola and Verizon getting the update out for the X so quickly.

cramamarshall
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime-Baggins View Post
From what my instinct tells me is that there is something wrong with the build that they thought they had ready and at the last minute found something grievous enough to halt the rollout of the OTA. I'd be surprised if, when it does rollout, that it is the same exact build that is posted for DL. Even though it sucks to wait, my gut tells me that might be the best thing to do and not side load and get a borked kit kat. This is just my opinion though so take it as you will.
Actually mine is working great! I had no problems installing the update that I downloaded! The update actually installed very smoothy! 😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xdhall
Old
(Last edited by xdhall; 20th November 2013 at 12:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post
Yea, that's the only one I found but I would have thought the delay would have got some attention especially with Motorola and Verizon getting the update out for the X so quickly.
I imagine the bigger android sites won't consider it a story before giving Google the two weeks they said it might take to distribute the OTA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

krabappel2548
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13,394

DONATE TO ME
Anyone in Germany got 4.4? Bought ours in Germany

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using xda app-developers app
I'm back with development, but not superactive yet.

Consider donating to me if you like my work. this would help me buy future devices.

Devices I have:
- Xperia Z1

Current devices I develop for:
- Xperia Z1
- Xperia Z Ultra

What I did and do:
- Member of Team AC!D, developer of Xperia Z Revolution Rom, Xperia ZL Revolution rom, Xperia S Revolution rom, Xperia Carbon rom's with tweaked kernel, and more!

daddygene
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I side-loaded 4.4 yesterday and just about an hour ago I received a small ota, 3.5meg. Android version still says 4.4. Build number says KRT16S.
The Following User Says Thank You to daddygene For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gchahinian
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Still waiting for my OTA update...should i unroot and lock my bootloader back to get it? I'm away for work otherwise i'd sideload the new factory images from my computer, i just wanna get this update to my tab as soon as i can...

jhom52
Old
Thanks Meter 19
To my surprise, the krt16s ota was on my n7 right after reading about it on droid-life. Weird.