Has anyone actually received kit kat update yet?

19th November 2013, 11:16 PM   |  #211  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
All I really want is the transparent nav bars using nova beta... What other features do we even get?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
19th November 2013, 11:22 PM   |  #212  
Flag Grass Valley
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdhall

KitKat is running just fine on my and many other N7s around the globe. If, however, there is some elusive flaw they end up fixing with 4.4.1, I'll just update from 4.4 when it happens.

I can understand the frustration someone might have waiting for an update out there in the rest of the world. What I can't understand is how someone can come here, to XDA, see that several very nice people have gone to the trouble to solve the problem they're frustrated about, and still create post after post complaining. You're upset that the Verizon Moto X has KitKat and you don't? XDA feels your pain, and fixed it. How come you're still upset?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Not really sure if or why this was directed at me. I was just trying to help people.
19th November 2013, 11:28 PM   |  #213  
Thanks Meter: 65

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime-Baggins

Not really sure if or why this was directed at me. I was just trying to help people.

First bit was for you, cause you're worried that KitKat is secretly broken.
19th November 2013, 11:41 PM   |  #214  
Thanks Meter: 19

224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksd

http://blogs.cio.com/android/18338/g....UPYrIvnn.dpuf

Yea, that's the only one I found but I would have thought the delay would have got some attention especially with Motorola and Verizon getting the update out for the X so quickly.
20th November 2013, 12:00 AM   |  #215  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime-Baggins

From what my instinct tells me is that there is something wrong with the build that they thought they had ready and at the last minute found something grievous enough to halt the rollout of the OTA. I'd be surprised if, when it does rollout, that it is the same exact build that is posted for DL. Even though it sucks to wait, my gut tells me that might be the best thing to do and not side load and get a borked kit kat. This is just my opinion though so take it as you will.

Actually mine is working great! I had no problems installing the update that I downloaded! The update actually installed very smoothy! 😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
20th November 2013, 12:09 AM   |  #216  
Thanks Meter: 65

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio

Yea, that's the only one I found but I would have thought the delay would have got some attention especially with Motorola and Verizon getting the update out for the X so quickly.

I imagine the bigger android sites won't consider it a story before giving Google the two weeks they said it might take to distribute the OTA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Last edited by xdhall; 20th November 2013 at 12:15 AM.
20th November 2013, 01:15 AM   |  #217  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Neerpelt
Thanks Meter: 13,414

6,144 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyone in Germany got 4.4? Bought ours in Germany

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using xda app-developers app
20th November 2013, 02:41 AM   |  #218  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 13

81 posts
More
I side-loaded 4.4 yesterday and just about an hour ago I received a small ota, 3.5meg. Android version still says 4.4. Build number says KRT16S.
The Following User Says Thank You to daddygene For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2013, 04:52 AM   |  #219  
Flag Forest Hills, NY
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
More
Still waiting for my OTA update...should i unroot and lock my bootloader back to get it? I'm away for work otherwise i'd sideload the new factory images from my computer, i just wanna get this update to my tab as soon as i can...
20th November 2013, 06:37 AM   |  #220  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 19

101 posts
To my surprise, the krt16s ota was on my n7 right after reading about it on droid-life. Weird.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread