Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Sprint] Hangouts problem and Voicemail issue

Tip us?

arehm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] [Sprint] Hangouts problem and Voicemail issue

So I have 2 problems.

Hangouts:
Can not send or receive MMS (I have turned on SMS integration).

Voice mail:
Voice mail app keeps telling me I have an update to take, but when I tell it to update nothing happens. I've force stopped and cleared data on it, and rebooted.

2nd Voice mail problem, I'm not getting voice mails delivered to the app, I have to call in to get them.

Thoughts?

arehm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by arehm View Post
So I have 2 problems.

Hangouts:
Can not send or receive MMS (I have turned on SMS integration).

Voice mail:
Voice mail app keeps telling me I have an update to take, but when I tell it to update nothing happens. I've force stopped and cleared data on it, and rebooted.

2nd Voice mail problem, I'm not getting voice mails delivered to the app, I have to call in to get them.

Thoughts?
For the second problem, it's because Hangouts is snagging the text notification before VVM can get to it. Turning off SMS integration in Hangouts solves this problem)

So I've turned off Hangouts SMS integration until this problem is resolved. I've seen the same problem in the N5 forums as well today.

Still leaves me with the VVM won't update problem, we'll see what I can do about that.

eric101995
Old
(Last edited by eric101995; 18th December 2013 at 08:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
yes, broken mms is now a known issue http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541409 I'm not sure about your other issues as my phone took the vvm update with no problem.

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Broken only on Sprint now it seems... Default is working with other variants as of last 2 updates.

arehm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
This is resolved with the update released yesterday. Just bringing closure to the discussion.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app