This guide is for getting back both ARM Translation and Google Play apps in your Genymotion VM.
ATTENTION(April 11th): Sadly Dropbox has informed me I've surpassed reasonable Bandwidth Usage and has temporarily disabled my Public Links. I don't blame them considering I've reached a steady 1400+ downloads per day, which equals an impressive 12.5+GB of bandwidth per day. Part of this is probably because people started Hot Linking my file for their guides. So for the foreseeable future I can't provide direct downloads of the ARM Translation, but I'll have plenty of Mirrors. I'm sorry to the numerous people that created Guides in numerous languages, since I have to kill the link in your Guides. Please don't hesitate to use one of my new links.
PS: I'm sorry if I haven't been very talkative and helpful lately. Work has been piling up and sleep is decreasing. Plus my computer is being "difficult". Haven't had a chance to even update Genymotion to v2.2.0. I hope I'll be able to get back into the dirt soon.
Note(Feb 2nd): Contrary to previous reports, it's been discovered that Android 4.4 does in fact work with ARM Translation, although it is buggy. Follow the steps the same as before, just make sure you download the 4.4 GApps.
UPDATE-v1.1: I've gotten more up-to-date builds of libhoudini and have updated the ZIP. This fixes a lot of app crashes and hangs. Just flash the new one and it should work.
- Download the following ZIPs:
- ARM Translation Installer v1.1 Hosted by FILETRIP(Mirrors) - If you have issues flashing ARM Trnaslation, Try re-downloading from a mirror
- Download the correct GApps for your Android version:
If you have issues flashing GApps, Try re-downloading from a mirror
- Next Open your Genymotion VM and go to the Homescreen
- Now Drag&Drop the Genymotion-ARM-Translation.zip onto the Genymotion VM window.
- It should say "File transfer in progress", once it asks you to flash it click 'OK'
- Now Reboot your VM using ADB or an app like ROM Toolbox. If nescessary you can simply close the VM window, but I don't recommend it.
- Once you're on the Homescreen again Drag&Drop the gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip(or whatever version you got) onto your VM, and click 'OK' when asked
- Once it finishes, again Reboot your VM and open the Google Play Store.
- Sign in using your Google account
- Once in the Store go to the 'My Apps' menu and let everything update(fixes a lot of issues), also try updating Google Play Services directly.
- Now try searching for 'Netflix' and 'Google Drive'
- If both apps show up in the results and you're able to Download/Install them, then congrats you now have ARM support and Google Play fully setup!
If you have any problems please don't hesitate to ask for help below.
Michael Z. - Provided newer system image
taob - Provided Reference Image
Old Zips:(DON'T DOWNLOAD! Kept for archival purposes, unlikely to solve any issues you might have.)
ARM Translation v1.0 - http://goo.gl/CL4os6 Hosted by FILETRIP(Mirrors)