[ROM][4.4.4][KTU84P][Stable] SlimKat - T0lte-[Build 8][+Weeklies]

Search This thread

peterhugelberg

Nov 9, 2010
I always thought this was a kernel issue (im using shift kernel)

You could try this:
1. unlock your phone
2. pull the power plug from the power socket
3. pull the micro usb connector from the phone

If i do it in this order i have no wakelock issues

ray1234

May 7, 2007
It's not just a wakelock issue, as the Google Play Service is really using CPU. No matter what I do, if I do not allow it to charge to 100%, the Google Play Service will continue to hog CPU.....

I never thought of this as a kernal issue, especially since it was ok at first when I use this rom a few months ago, it was only since the recent Google Play Services 7 upgrade that I experience this, if it helps I'm using AGNI CM kernal.

Last edited:

xForsa

Nov 4, 2012
I flashed my n7105 2 times, 1 time with twrp and second time with cwm recovery, both times did a full wipe but however, my network doesnt connect at all, and when i try to search for a network operator i get an error.
This seems very weird to me,
i hope someone got the answer :(
greets!
Edit:
removed sim card and nothing changed, it seems as if it just doesnt recognize it
also got no baseband so im trying to reinstall through kies and then reinstalling this.

Last edited:

noidman123

Mar 23, 2014
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I flashed my n7105 2 times, 1 time with twrp and second time with cwm recovery, both times did a full wipe but however, my network doesnt connect at all, and when i try to search for a network operator i get an error.
greets!
Edit:
removed sim card and nothing changed, it seems as if it just doesnt recognize it
also got no baseband so im trying to reinstall through kies and then reinstalling this.

I believe no baseband is caused by no modem. Maybe you could try flashing the latest n7105 modem and seeing if that helps

-m3tac0rt3x-

Jul 19, 2011
Porto
greets!
Edit:

tried to flash modem, tried to flash pitfile via odin , tried to repair efs but still no baseband.

Maybe it's that (awful) time and you need to wipe everything and go back to stock TW ROM via Odin.
Then, if all went well and you got baseband back, reflash the ROM of your liking + GApps.

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
I hate Andriod - Iv used so much time getting a working mobile. N7105

Heres my little story:
I came from a Nokia N8 which was beginning to become worse in its battery - So I had 2 options, get a new battery or buy a new phone. Thinking it would maybe be the time to change to Andriod, the system of Linux - So I got a old version of an Andriod, a Note 2 N7105... By all the new things hitting me I gave up on it - just used it as is even if I was not satisfied, and the battery time was awful and worse then my old dying battery time of the N8 and all those commercials where like a normal thing on the Android - and I hated it, and still do. Another thing was all the surveillance, I'm actually handing over MY LIFE of data too unknown sources and if I want too use the phone, there seems too be no option then too agree too this. It's no secret that they know so many things of people today, following there movement, knowing much about them, hitting them with commercials from every side and angle.

Well, I got feed up with all this - thinking of returning too my old phone, so I gave my N8 away so there was no way of returning. I had too get this Note 2 thing working as I wanted. So I unlocked the phone which flipped Knox security in it - which then made the Stock rom unstable crashing programs - why I don't know, thinking it had something too do in regards with having broken the warranty - so they would of course want me too buy a new phone. *But reading peoples messages, i'm not the only one having stability issues it seems*

But anyway... I used much time looking around for a system I could replace the stock rom - after much time, I found Slimkat, and liked it. The Problem was, as any other nonestock operations system iv tried on andriod - there always seemed to be some kind of a problem. The Latest Slimkat, v9 *Actually all the versions iv tried of Slimkat - and I think that would be all of them down to build 4* - would not find my internet on mobile network and problems with version 9 in regards of sound and mic when calling people. Beside that, I loved how it was Slim and how it worked. So fighting this on and off - to make a very long story of trying many things and different systems and versions short, I found this thread and found some replies about Kernels....

So heres what I did, I did my research and reading on this new thing *Which you do a lot, reading and trying things out, with Android* - I installed Slimkat 9 and then tried experimenting with these Kernels... So... Now I have a running Slimkat with:
This operating system Slim-t0lte-4.4.4.build.9.0-OFFICIAL-8271 and Googleapps open_gapps-arm-4.4-nano *You get the noneable stuff you can't install from playstore later on* and this kernel PSN:pureCM_11_12+_smdk4x12ANYROM-AROMA-v4.5.5_N7105_OC
*Can't remember if SuperSU *I have 2.76* is needed to be installed or if it installs with the Kernel*

So this Kernel fixed the issue with the Mic and Sound so its now usable as a Phone, and the kernal gives so many nice options for fine tuning the phone. Now the last problem is, that I don't have Internet over the mobile network, it only finds 2G and 3G and even with 3G it has no internet. So yesterday I tried another Sim card, and even it was not able to show LTE in options "I did not try too force it, as I did not remember the mobile code for the menu *#*#4636#*#* at that moment" - but NOW it had internet! So, I'm going to get a new Simcard which works and then I think I have a pretty stable and usable system now. Not knowing the exact problem, because every other system then Slimkat iv tried it show LTE without an issue - it looks like it can be fixed with a new Simcard. *Who knows maybe even getting LTE - but I'm just fine if 3G works with internet*

I use AdAway and Adblock Plus too get those annoying commercials off.

So... For anyone out there looking for a system that works for there Note 2 - I think this would be a good one. It looks like I now have a working mobile, closer too what I wanted from the very beginning.

I read something TWRP having problems with Slimkat and one should install with CWM *I found the version with touch this time, last time I used CWM I was not able too find this version and turned to TWRP because of this, gets very tedious using the buttons when doing a lot of things* - But using CWM in replacement for TWRP did not look like it had any effect at all... And I may return too TWRP in the future, which I liked better.

I'v ordered a new Battery, I just can't stand how I always need to charge this phone - When I was in Israel 6 weeks and running the phone on a nightly CyanogenMod because I wanted internet when I was hiking. Well, the Camera crash so many times - and just needing too reboot it because of this, looked to me, too cost 3% of power every single time!
I may have found a solution for this problem, hopefully I will be happy about this battery, I have yet to receive it and its underway: ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy Note II 9300mAh *3 times as big as the normal 3100mAh too 9300mAh*

Then, I may have a look on the privacy thing... But boy do you have too put hours, days, weeks in this phone too find and get what you want.

Thanks for all your posts - help me a lot.

God bless you all.

Last edited:

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Just an update

Well... It all seemed like it would work out well - but it seems to lose connection after a while and empty the APNs.... Then a restart is needed for them to come back and connection work again.
*Sigh* I just wanted a phone that worked....
Either one or another thing or more is broken whatever I try. I got 4G to work on it by getting the apns-conf from Stock rom and using fix to replace the Slimkat apns-conf - but yet no option for 4G to choose in the option - so need to use the *#*#4636#*#* to change to it.
But connection is failing and the APN emptying and too often I need to reset the phone to fix it...
I don't know what is broke... I have to do some testing to see what brakes it.
I'm a little in the dark of what to do - iv seen there is other options on this forum I may try out.
How hard can it be.... Well, so hard that if I had known it - I would have kept my Nokia N8! :)

By the way I got the big Battery - it fixed the issue of not needing to put it in a charger all the time. Now its usable I think - in the way I like it like the old times of Mobile phones not needing a stick all the time for charging. So at least that is fixed and working.

Last edited:

fatboyinlycra

Nov 21, 2012
Mold
Well... It all seemed like it would work out well - but it seems to lose connection after a while and empty the APNs.... Then a restart is needed for them to come back and connection work again.
*Sigh* I just wanted a phone that worked....
Either one or another thing or more is broken whatever I try. I got 4G to work on it by getting the apns-conf from Stock rom and using fix to replace the Slimkat apns-conf - but yet no option for 4G to choose in the option - so need to use the *#*#4636#*#* to change to it.
But connection is failing and the APN emptying and too often I need to reset the phone to fix it...
I don't know what is broke... I have to do some testing to see what brakes it.
I'm a little in the dark of what to do - iv seen there is other options on this forum I may try out.
How hard can it be.... Well, so hard that if I had known it - I would have kept my Nokia N8! :)

By the way I got the big Battery - it fixed the issue of not needing to put it in a charger all the time. Now its usable I think - in the way I like it like the old times of Mobile phones not needing a stick all the time for charging. So at least that is fixed and working.

Sounds like you bought a duff phone. I still have the note 2 and use it from time to time. SlimKat still sitting on it - running build 8 like a dream.
Never needed the use of a custom kernel, the Slim devs seemed to get it right, as far as my phone was concerned

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Sounds like you bought a duff phone. I still have the note 2 and use it from time to time. SlimKat still sitting on it - running build 8 like a dream.
Never needed the use of a custom kernel, the Slim devs seemed to get it right, as far as my phone was concerned

Sadly I think you are right - I wanted an old 7100 model and ordered such but they send me an 7105... I should have sent it back and found another place to buy one. I'm trying to patch one issue after another on this phone never getting to the golden point of all things working.
Well.... Have been a horrifying experience to turn from Nokia to Samsung, from Symbian to Android. So many features and stability and battery life lost changing to this Phone and system.
But Nokia left Symbian for Microsoft system. Well, I should not complain and just fix the issues, next thing is to try to edit the Agni kernel which may be the problem of loosing my connection now.

Last edited:

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Hello, I'm here again - I wonder if I'm locked in - just found myself I see.... In all my issues... I had given up and deleted the Roms and all that... Stupid
I now got a Note 2 GT-7100, so.... I wanted to try again. But of cause iv deleted all my files so I'm searching for Slimkat 4.4.4..... *Sigh*

I had to replace 2 things on the mobil, from my old 7105 - so it is kinda a Frankenstein, the Simcard was broke so I replaced it and it seemed to work - and then I broke the turn on button so had to replace that as well.... But it works it seems.... Just need to find the Slimkat version which I just can't seem to find.

nice to see my old replies so I can remember what was going on in time past iv happily nearly forgotten everything - and now of cause I'm trying to relearn and get it fixed.

Just need Slimkat and Gapps and I should be running, hopefully.... I just need to find it.

I'm kinda lost without the Slimkat rom :/ And the original site don't have it any longer.

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Anyone knows if I can find the slimkat 4.4.4 on github??? I am on this page now:
SlimRoms/vendor_slim at ng7.0 (github.com)

But I am not so sure overall if it can be done??? As the website does not exist anymore for downloading SlimKat - T0lte-[Build 8]
Should work for
slimkat 4.4.4 for note 2 gt-n7100
as far as I know, which is what I have.

Help needed, if anyone have the know how.

My Note 2 is rooted, so no issues. And I'm getting hot on the topic again, at least reaching higher in my newbie stage at the moment ;)

nH1N

Aug 3, 2015

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimKat on T0lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
prbassplayer
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: Build 8
Stable Release Date: 2014-09-22
Current Beta Version: Build 6.9

Created 2014-05-19
Last Updated 2015-07-04
Thanks,

I try it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat on T0lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    prbassplayer
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Build 8
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-22
    Current Beta Version: Build 6.9

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2015-07-04
    New build is up
    - working camera
    - big update to kernel
    - No longer using egl hack
    - global power menu in settings (check it out....a new slim unique feature I just programmed yesterday to our liking)
    - media scanner behaviour (as well a slim unique ported over feature)
    - turn off camera shutter sound
    - possibility to turn of wifi thether over notification
    - improve scrolling cache
    - speed up statusbar
    - don't wackup when device is plugged on charger
    - tons of fixes we had in 4.3 we ported over into 4.4 which google still missed
    - all mms/sms features are back
    - settings got a lot love....maybe not directly noticable...but a lot changed there
    as reference see: https://github.com/SlimRoms/packages...66a7211b4b8379
    - major system core updates
    - and a lot minor stuff and for sure here and there I missed a commit/feature to mention...to much is changing at the moment lol
    - aaaah and our themer as well did again same UI tweaks to get google UI finished like they thought it
    - new gapps

As always use report and provide logs.

Cheers
    Question for @prbassplayer or anyone who has found out how to do it...
    How do I get into performance settings on this ROM?
    Used to use use cm11 and could set all sorts of performance tweaks. Not looking to over clock this more looking to tweak to really stretch battery life to the max

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Use apps like TricksterMod

New weekly is out!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
    Weekly is rolling out with new heads-up and reworked quite hours