[Wizard] aWizard ROM Utils 1.3 beta 2 (may work in Charmer)
This is my first attempt to contribute to this forum. Hope you like it. :wink:
In case of problem the FAQ
below may help.
If any body want to share their Wizard ROM (e.g. CHT ROM currently doesn't have upgrade program) Yet the ntrw may not 100% reliable, they can just backup their OS ROM using aWizard and then share with others using the xda-developers ftp site.
This utility is created for experimental purpose only. Use it at your own risk!
!!!!Please choose the unlock CID option before you flash any new ROM!!! Or your phone may risk chance to become dead!!!!
Starting from version 1.3, please put your ROM file to the "ROM" folder and BMP file in "SplashBMP" folder
Version 1.3 beta 2 is not fully tested. If you have doubt please use version 1.2
aWizard is a user friendly ROM Utility which provide a single place to do Wizard ROM related tasks. OS ROM can be backup and restore using USB ActiveSync connection. In addition to backup/restore, I have successed in modifying the OS ROM and flash it back to the Wizard. This function will be available in the coming releases depends on demand.
Some user have reported that they have successfully backup and restore their Charmer(MDA Compact II) OS and Extended ROM. But again. Please make sure you know what u are doing before your write anything to the Charmer. I don't have a Charmer device to test with. So do it at ur own risk.
Other ROM Types like Bootloader, Radio and Extended ROM will not be affected. To change those parts, please use cooresponding update programs and then use aWizard to change the OS to your desired one.
- First Release
- Add Backup Extended ROM Support (Restore Extended ROM not ready yet)
- Fix size checking problem in some locale
- remove Backup ROM Option remark issue
- minor enhancement to prevent some user's problem in 'e' option
- add reminder to unlock before write option
- add backup and restore radio rom option
- minor ui enhancement
- revised instruction
1.3 beta 1
- add "ROM" and "SplashBMP" folder for easy file management
- add convert and flash BMP directly to Wizard as Splash Logo
- add backup and restore Splash Logo ROM
- UI enhancement
- add readme option
1.3 beta 2
- force unlockcid in every write option
- The utilities and idea used by aWizard come from the following parties. I would like to thanks them for making the Wizard more interesting to play with!
- itsme for 'itsutils'
- MachinaGod for 'RapiUnlocker'
- MachinaGod for 'lokiwiz'
- mamaich for 'WM5 ROM editing tool'
- psneddon and kenu for Logo Converter
- nicob for scripting tips
- xda-developers.com, buzz.net and others
Unzip the aWizard.zip to C:\aWizard or D:\aWizard folder.
on DOS Prompt, or just double click the file in Windows Explorer. If fail, rename to aWizard.bat before run.
* Please put ROM(Including Splash Logo ROM) in the ROM folder, and Splash BMP files(*.BMP) in SplashBMP folder.
< a -View README file>
< e - Enable RAPI >
- Choose this before choosing other options. This enable your PC to control the Wizard using USB ActiveSync connection.
<u - Unlock CID>
- (Strongly suggested to run this first!!!
) Unlock the CID of Wizard so that the Wizard can be upgrade to other ROMs
<b - Backup OS, Radio, Splash Logo and Extended ROM from device>
- This option backup your Wizard's Radio and OS, Radio ROM to a file and files in Extended ROM to a folder. It backup OS and Extended ROM and Radio ROM only. Bootloader will NOT be backup.
- All files will be backup to a single folder for easy archive and mofication using 'm' option later.
< s - Write Backup Splash Logo (.nba) to Wizard>
- Flash backuped Splash ROM to Wizard. Soft reset is required to enable new Splash Logo. No need to hard reset.
< c - Convert + write BMP(240x320) Splash Logo to Wizard>
- Flash BMP file directly to Wizard. No pre-convertion is required. Please save a 240 x 320 24-bit BMP file to "SplashBMP" folder before running this option. Soft reset is required to enable new Splash Logo. No need to hard reset.
<w - Write OS ROM to device>
- Use this option to write OS ROM file to your device. Even you have bootloader and Radio ROM from vendor A, you can flash OS ROM from vendor B to the Wizard. No SD Card is required. Unlock CID First!!!
<r - Write Radio ROM to device>
- Use this option to write Radio ROM file to your device. No SD Card is required. Unlock CID First!!! Soft reset is required to enable new Radio ROM. No need to hard reset.
<m - Modify nba file>
- To be released depends on demand
<x - Extract contents of nba file>
- To be released depends on demand
Q1 : How to flash ROM file to device:
1.run option 'e'
2.run option 'u'
3.run option 'b' if u want to backup ur current ROM
4.run option 'w' or 'r'
Q2 : What to do if the device hold at splash screen after upgrade?
- connect the device with usb cable
- hold the "voice dial" and shortly press the reset button by stylus
- release the reset button and wait for the USB color screen
- download and run the shipped ROM upgrade program (with .exe file extension) e.g. ftp://xda:firstname.lastname@example.org/Upl...C_Wizard/Roms/
- you device will be bootable again.
- then start aWizard and run through the 'e', 'u', 'w' one by one. Of coz you have to connect your phone to ActiveSync before running the 'e' option.
Q3 : I have the follow error during the read or write operation, what should I do?
Copying C:\aWizard\lib\itsutils.dll to WCE:\windows\itsuti
Could not update itsutils.dll to the current version, mayb
try restarting your device, or restart ActiveSync
If the error occur, that means the USB connection is interrupted.
- Please DON'T reset your Wizard.
- Please re-plug the USB cable and wait for ActiveSync to reconnect.
- Run aWizard to retry the operation again.
P.S. You need to login to download the attached file.