[Q] apps on sdcard disappear after reboot

Search This thread

chucky7910

Jan 16, 2012
I just recently installed the stable version of CM10.1.3 and it works great. After that I installed the updated google search along with the new Google Experience Launcher. I was able to get the new launcher to work pretty much flawlessly, with google now integration and hotword activation from any screen. There appears to be one issue though...when i reboot my phone the icons from all apps on the SDcard (not my external sdcard) disappear from the various pages. Anyone else have this issue or know how to solve it.

Thanks!!

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
I just recently installed the stable version of CM10.1.3 and it works great. After that I installed the updated google search along with the new Google Experience Launcher. I was able to get the new launcher to work pretty much flawlessly, with google now integration and hotword activation from any screen. There appears to be one issue though...when i reboot my phone the icons from all apps on the SDcard (not my external sdcard) disappear from the various pages. Anyone else have this issue or know how to solve it.

Thanks!!

This seems to be an issue with the Google Experience Launcher. I just had the same problem after switching to it on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active with stock Android 4.2.2 firmware. Unfortunately I do not know how to fix it yet (or even if it can be fixed). This may need to be resolved by Google.

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
I do not believe so. I had several folders that I had put shortcuts in and most of the shortcuts disappeared and never came back.

I pretty much gave up on using GEL for the time being and went back to TouchWiz. Having the always-on voice search was nice, but it's not worth missing my icons on reboot. Plus, TW does a better job of navigating quickly through different windows than GEL because I can quickly tap the exact page that I want in TW where I have to keep swiping over and over in GEL (and TW loops around when you reach the last page). Maybe I'll try GEL again next release.

Last edited:

iZak17

Oct 6, 2013
Hi!

I had the same issue with CM 10.1, now I'm using CM 10.2 and the failure was still there.

Have you tried to mount the apps again but not from a backup (titanium bckp, supe bckp, etc) but directly from the play store?, I made that and it seems to work despite I'm trying not to move the apps to the external sd card (just in case).

Regards.

manum86

Dec 6, 2007
Hi there..
I was using Omni Rom and had the same problem, moved to CM 11, same problem..
I am using SGS2 i9100.

Anyone any idea?

CrazySheng

Jun 7, 2014
Mine also missing..

I'm using CM11 for galaxy wonder. When i moved the apps to sdcard, i still can play before reboot.After i rebooting , my apps disappear and i tried to reboot many times also didnt appear... Please help me to fix it..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I had the same issue with CM 10.1, now I'm using CM 10.2 and the failure was still there.

Have you tried to mount the apps again but not from a backup (titanium bckp, supe bckp, etc) but directly from the play store?, I made that and it seems to work despite I'm trying not to move the apps to the external sd card (just in case).

Regards.