TWRP update - GooManager

Search This thread

joshag

Jan 14, 2011
im trying to use goomanager to update twrp to version openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-grouper.img and it keeps timing out on the webpage (webpage not available).

i dont have access to a computer currently.. is there another way to upgrade twrp? is there a zip i can flash from recovery? (running a older ver of twrp)

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
im trying to use goomanager to update twrp to version openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-grouper.img and it keeps timing out on the webpage (webpage not available).

i dont have access to a computer currently.. is there another way to upgrade twrp? is there a zip i can flash from recovery? (running a older ver of twrp)

Same here. Goo hasn't worked for me for several months now. Pretty much given up on it.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: y0brando

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK

Hi, joshag....

If your Nexus 7 is already rooted, you can use the apps, Flash Image GUI or Flashify to flash a Custom Recovery directly from the Nexus 7 itself.

Just install one of them (personally I prefer Flashify)... download the TWRP Recovery Image file appropriate to your particular Nexus 7 (links below)... and then use Flashify or Flash Image GUI... the on screen instructions are pretty self explanatory, just ensure you pick the FLASH RECOVERY option, and then navigate to the folder on your Nexus 7 where the TWRP recovery image downloaded to... (usually the /download folder).

So... no PC or fastboot required... just a rooted Nexus 7. (If you aren't already rooted, you're out of luck I'm afraid).

I use this method myself quite frequently, particularly when I can't be bothered booting up my laptop.

Links for TWRP Custom Recovery Images for Nexus 7 (2012)

For WiFi only model...
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/grouper

For WiFi & 3G model...
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/tilapia

Hope this helps.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Same here. Goo hasn't worked for me for several months now. Pretty much given up on it.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4
    That was easiest/most concise explanation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app