Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Need help porting CM to Note 3. Need more developers.

OP geekcentercreations

29th December 2013, 07:50 AM   |  #241  
Flag West Chester,Ohio
Thanks Meter: 165

612 posts
More
Once call audio gets fixed it will be my daily driver I can live without other audio and camera but I have to be able to get calls. I'm pumped to finally ditch touchwiz

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to str8killinya For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2013, 08:49 AM   |  #242  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 756

643 posts
More
Well, my build seems to have completed. Are you using openjdk 6? I had problems with it but using openjdk 7 seems to work fine. Looks like some new changes are in the pipeline since my build, one pertaining to s-pen rotation (which if you try on a previous build does not work - s-pen has x and y flipped if you rotate into landscape).

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Hmm...more on the SD card front...

On my Note 1 i717 which has cm11, fstab.qcom has the line:

Code:
/devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc2/mmc2    auto    auto    defaults    voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto,noemulatedsd
I am guessing this is the automatic mount line for the external SD card slot. I've tried both of my SD cards (ADATA 32GB NTFS and SanDisk Ultra 64GB exFAT) and it happily recognizes both automatically.

Now on the Note 3, the same file contains the line:

Code:
/devices/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc2    auto    vfat    defaults    voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
This should mean the external sd mounts as /storage/sdcard1 but it is forcing the filesystem as vfat rather than auto. Why is this? If you have an sd card that isn't vfat (i.e. NTFS or exFAT) vfat should fail to mount and cause trouble. Also, on the Note 1 it's /devices/platform/msm_sdcc while on the Note 3 it's /devices/msm_sdcc. I'm going to try editing this file to reflect what the Note 1 says and see if it mounts the sdcard.

Edit:

The path is indeed different for msm_sdcc.X, on the i717 it's /sys/devices/platform and on the hltetmo it's /sys/devices. That said, the auto and second /mmc2 I think might need to be added.

Edit:

That did nothing, no sd card activity whatsoever. It's detected by the kernel as /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 exists and I can manually mount with ntfs-3g (for my 32GB ntfs card) so it's an issue with fstab or vold.

I changed it to

Code:
/devices/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc2/mmc2    auto    auto    defaults    voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
Edit:

With this fstab line it still doesn't auto mount, but if I pull the card and reinsert it while it's running I get the following logcat errors:

Code:
D/Vold    (  405): Volume sdcard1 state changing 1 (Idle-Unmounted) -> 0 (No-Media)
E/VoldConnector(  887): Error handling '631 Volume sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1 disk removed (179:64)': java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
E/VoldConnector(  887): Error handling '605 Volume sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1 state changed from 1 (Idle-Unmounted) to 0 (No-Media)': java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
D/Vold    (  405): Volume sdcard1 state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)
E/VoldConnector(  887): Error handling '605 Volume sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1 state changed from 0 (No-Media) to 2 (Pending)': java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
D/Vold    (  405): Volume sdcard1 state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)
E/VoldConnector(  887): Error handling '605 Volume sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1 state changed from 2 (Pending) to 1 (Idle-Unmounted)': java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
I/Vold    (  405): /dev/block/vold/179:97 being considered for volume sdcard1
D/Vold    (  405): Volume sdcard1 state changing 1 (Idle-Unmounted) -> 3 (Checking)
D/Vold    (  405): Trying to get filesystem type for /dev/block/vold/179:97 
E/VoldConnector(  887): Error handling '605 Volume sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1 state changed from 1 (Idle-Unmounted) to 3 (Checking)': java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
D/Vold    (  405): Found ntfs filesystem on /dev/block/vold/179:97
D/Vold    (  405): Mounting ntfs with options:utf8,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=7,dmask=7,shortname=mixed,nodev,nosuid,dirsync,noexec
E/Vold    (  405): Unable to create LOST.DIR (No such file or directory)
D/Vold    (  405): blkid identified as /dev/block/vold/179:97: UUID="86E0D99FE0D99631" LABEL="32GB SDCARD" TYPE="ntfs" 
D/Vold    (  405): Volume sdcard1 state changing 3 (Checking) -> 4 (Mounted)
E/VoldConnector(  887): Error handling '605 Volume sdcard1 /storage/sdcard1 state changed from 3 (Checking) to 4 (Mounted)': java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
So it definitely detects the card's presence and at least upon reinsertion attempts to mount it, going as far as determining it's an NTFS filesystem, label "32GB SDCARD", and then says it enters mounted state but doesn't actually appear to be mounted unfortunately.
Last edited by CalcProgrammer1; 29th December 2013 at 10:02 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CalcProgrammer1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2013, 09:48 AM   |  #243  
Flag Sydney, NSW
Thanks Meter: 16

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1

Well, my build seems to have completed. Are you using openjdk 6? I had problems with it but using openjdk 7 seems to work fine. Looks like some new changes are in the pipeline since my build, one pertaining to s-pen rotation (which if you try on a previous build does not work - s-pen has x and y flipped if you rotate into landscape).[COLOR="Silver"]
[/code]

Alright I'll update to OpenJDK7 and test!
29th December 2013, 10:07 AM   |  #244  
Flag Bentonville, AR
Thanks Meter: 175

179 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here is my build.
Here is my build if yall want to try it. Mine does not have the red lines and seems to be running alot better on my phone.

Audio was there for a little but was very quiet.
No calls.
Camera works for one shot then freezes but I am not getting the gallery and camera crash in the begining.

If anyone wants to try it.

cm-11-20131229-UNOFFICIAL-hltetmo.zip - 197.05 MB
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xboxhacka For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2013, 10:22 AM   |  #245  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 756

643 posts
More
What did you use to build? I think the red box is intentional as part of the engineering test build (cm_hltetmo-eng). If you did a -user or userdebug build it probably won't have that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
29th December 2013, 10:52 AM   |  #246  
Thanks Meter: 103

178 posts
Donate to Me
I still can't get it to build. Now I am stuck here:

Code:
  LZO     arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.lzo
/bin/sh: 1: lzop: not found
make[4]: *** [arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.lzo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux] Error 2
make[2]: *** [zImage] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gakio12/cm11/kernel/samsung/hlte'
make: *** [TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Warning: AndroidManifest.xml already defines versionCode (in http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android); using existing value in manifest.
Warning: AndroidManifest.xml already defines versionName (in http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android); using existing value in manifest.
Warning: AndroidManifest.xml already defines minSdkVersion (in http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android); using existing value in manifest.
Warning: AndroidManifest.xml already defines targetSdkVersion (in http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android); using existing value in manifest.
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
Edit:

I'm derping, I forgot to install lzop.
Last edited by gakio12; 29th December 2013 at 11:24 AM.
29th December 2013, 12:04 PM   |  #247  
Flag Adelaide, Australia
Thanks Meter: 85

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfredlams

Where is your local manifiest?

Hi, Just want to know where is that file located? I could not find it, cheers.
29th December 2013, 12:06 PM   |  #248  

178 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Hi, Just want to know where is that file located? I could not find it, cheers.

Post #127.

File is located in .repo/local_manifests/
Last edited by gakio12; 29th December 2013 at 12:21 PM.
29th December 2013, 12:17 PM   |  #249  
Flag Adelaide, Australia
Thanks Meter: 85

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakio12

Post #127.

File is located in .repo/local-manifests/

I mean when in cd into .repo, I can't find the folder /local_manifests/, so I can't find /local_manifests/roomservice.xml to replace.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote:

I mean when in cd into .repo, I can't find the folder /local_manifests/, so I can't find /local_manifests/roomservice.xml to replace.

The files/folders in .repo are manifests, manifests.git, manifest.xml, project.list, projects, repo.
29th December 2013, 12:24 PM   |  #250  

178 posts
Donate to Me
I built mine and it works. I hate the hardware navigation; added the build.prop edit for navbar and it works. Also dpi change to 400 works. But those should work anyway, not hardware related :P

Does everyone see the dark grey bars in the radio signal icon in the status bar? I don't get any I/O arrows, the bars remain grey and there is always four of them (I know I don't get that good of signal). I have data that works, just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

---------- Post added at 04:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

The files/folders in .repo are manifests, manifests.git, manifest.xml, project.list, projects, repo.

Replace ~/cm11 with whatever you directory is.
Code:
gedit ~/cm11/.repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml
You are basically making the directory yourself.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread