Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ZTE Valet Root Possible?

Tip us?

krilzen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ZTE Valet Root Possible?

So recently bought the straight Talk ZTE Valet, and have been searching for a root for this device if anyone knows of any or is interested on trying to develop a root exploit. I'm willing to dump any and all files, as well as try any and all rooting methods. If there is already a root im sorry for making a duplicate post.

bummpr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm also looking for a root process that might work on the ZTE Valet now available on Tracfone. Help please!

maine_fungi
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Any luck?

I am also looking for a root solution for this phone. Either of you had any luck?

I have tried many methods that have worked on other devices, but no luck yet.

gberpa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm also interested, mainly to move more apps, data. The phone does move some apps to a micro SD but not all.

mderuelle
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
I'm also interested, mainly to move more apps, data. The phone does move some apps to a micro SD but not all.
have you guys tried superone click? i have to ask is it gingerbread or what os android version is it?

gberpa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
It is JB 4.1. I haven't tried Superone but will check it out. My root experience has been limited with a Hisense tablet and methods specific to that.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

karmmisht
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default ZTE Valet - tried a few methods so far with no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mderuelle View Post
have you guys tried superone click? i have to ask is it gingerbread or what os android version is it?
The ZTE Valet Z665 has JB (4.1.1).

So far, I've tried Bin4ry (v32), framaroot (1.6.1), and poot (current version). None worked. In looking at superoneclick, I might not be understanding things very well but it appears to require a CWM image which does not (yet) exist - is that right?

What other methods appear to be worth a try and what have people tried on the ZTE Valet? Anyone aware of a source for the stock ROM? Are there other phones sufficiently similar where the CWM recovery would function on the Valet?

BTW, I just picked up my ZTE Valet at Fred Meyer where it was on sale for $49.99 (Tracfone, no contract). It's a great buy for that price. The sale is over but if interested, keep an eye out for the ads.

Like others, thanks for any ideas.

mderuelle
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to mderuelle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

karmmisht
Old
(Last edited by karmmisht; 25th November 2013 at 07:38 PM.) Reason: add extra info
Thanks Meter 4
Default Tried superoneclick and z4root

Quote:
Originally Posted by mderuelle View Post
Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
OK - tried superoneclick and z4root. These in addition to Bin4ry, framaroot, and poot didn't work. I'm a novice at this and am nervous trying some of these options that seem to lack proper pedigree and openness. Also, since I don't have a backup, a more invasive technique also worries me. I'm hoping one of you brave souls will try something out and hopefully give some of us some specifics on what you did to get this phone rooted. It would also be helpful to know what you did actually try (details) that didn't work. Thanks.

Update: Also just tried the adb method which didn't work for me [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1224774"]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1224774[/adb root guide].

Although I took care in trying each of the methods mentioned above and repeated them, I could have screwed up. So ... maybe someone else can report their results just to be sure. I would not re-try z4root but the others don't seem too harmful and my phone still works.
The Following User Says Thank You to karmmisht For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krilzen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmmisht View Post
OK - tried superoneclick and z4root. These in addition to Bin4ry, framaroot, and poot didn't work. I'm a novice at this and am nervous trying some of these options that seem to lack proper pedigree and openness. Also, since I don't have a backup, a more invasive technique also worries me. I'm hoping one of you brave souls will try something out and hopefully give some of us some specifics on what you did to get this phone rooted. It would also be helpful to know what you did actually try (details) that didn't work. Thanks.

Update: Also just tried the adb method which didn't work for me [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1224774"]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1224774[/adb root guide].

Although I took care in trying each of the methods mentioned above and repeated them, I could have screwed up. So ... maybe someone else can report their results just to be sure. I would not re-try z4root but the others don't seem too harmful and my phone still works.
Tried all of the above also z4root really seemed to take a toll on the device a question I was wondering is if we had an almost identical phone would the cwm for that work?