Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HowTo]Root XOLO X1000.

Tip us?

Abhiraj4u
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Prompt [HowTo]Root XOLO X1000.

XOLO X1000 was believed to be root protected. Not anymore, follow the below steps to get it rooted.
As far as i know its the only rooting method available, so if anyone has knowledge of other rooting method pls share as it might help in further development.
Here is a screenshot from X1000-
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-15-05-45.png
Views:	1891
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	2402069

ROOT INSTRUCTIONS!!

Pre-requsite
1.Install proper drivers from here
Code:
"drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6xlBPoXgsR3QVZqVGJQbVRBSGc"
2.Download suitable version of CYDIA IMPACTOR FROM
Code:
cydiaimpactor.com
Steps to ROOT
1.Connect X1000 in USB DEBUGGING MODE(Note: Drivers need to be properly installed)
2.Run Impactor.exe from the cydia impactor zip u downloaded
3.By default you will see "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su"(If not select it from the drop-down menu), click start and let it complete its process.
4.Reboot and you are done

In case of any discrepancy fell free to ask
The Following User Says Thank You to Abhiraj4u For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Abhiraj4u
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Angry One Big Reason to root :P

Wao!! Just Got KITKAI UI on X1000. Looks awesome
Heres a screenshot:-

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-19-12-17.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	2402109

Rooting really rocks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-15-05-45.png
Views:	164
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	2402110  

shawnkenneth
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hey, how do you unroot? (As it is the Xolo Customer Care Sucks, so the warranty is really important..)

shawnkenneth
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Help!!!

Hey, I have a small problem.. I used a root app called Soft Keyz and now both my notification bar and soft keys are missing.. I did a little research and realized that it has to do with a borked systemui.apk. So could you please give me your systemui.apk by any chance? I'm kinda screwed here without the soft keys.. Appreciate if you could get back to me soon.. Thanks

Abhiraj4u
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Storage SystemUi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnkenneth View Post
Hey, I have a small problem.. I used a root app called Soft Keyz and now both my notification bar and soft keys are missing.. I did a little research and realized that it has to do with a borked systemui.apk. So could you please give me your systemui.apk by any chance? I'm kinda screwed here without the soft keys.. Appreciate if you could get back to me soon.. Thanks
Yup sure.
Im uploading both systemUI.apk and systemUi.odex. You might need to replace both. And remember to correct permissions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SystemUi.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.01 MB, 67 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Abhiraj4u For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shawnkenneth
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiraj4u View Post
Yup sure.
Im uploading both systemUI.apk and systemUi.odex. You might need to replace both. And remember to correct permissions.
Thank you so much! I'll tell you once I finish flashing..

Abhiraj4u
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnkenneth View Post
Hey, how do you unroot? (As it is the Xolo Customer Care Sucks, so the warranty is really important..)
Only method known yet is to flash stock firmware from here.

And Xolo wont help if we have a software issue. Software is supplied by intel and xolo supplies it. Colo engineers also seem to be novice.
I luckily had an opportunity to meet their software manager. I asked him if he could provide a unlocked bootloader, he was unaware of what a bootloader is. They only distrubute OTA Updates.

shawnkenneth
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Only method known yet is to flash stock firmware from here.

And Xolo wont help if we have a software issue. Software is supplied by intel and xolo supplies it. Colo engineers also seem to be novice.
I luckily had an opportunity to meet their software manager. I asked him if he could provide a unlocked bootloader, he was unaware of what a bootloader is. They only distrubute OTA Updates.
Yeah, I had a similar experience about their engineers. They mentioned to me too, that the Bootloader is not in their hands.. Well, that's what happens when you try a budget company. All we can hope for is updates, now..

I was all set to buy the Galaxy Grand Quattro but i thought I'd try Xolo, for the Processor and the beautiful screen.. Guess I should've stuck to my instincts

Anyway, thanks for the files.. Everything's back to normal now.. Cheers..

Sukrith
Old
Thanks Meter 17
guys has anyone found a way to deodex the phone??? its because I've read that for crt off animation one should deodex the phone ... if anyone has successfully activated crt off animation ... pls let me know ... also if someone is to get the flash tool... ill askthe service center here... but don't know if they'll share... does anyone know how to adb sideload???

Achu Gowda
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
XOLO X1000 was believed to be root protected. Not anymore, follow the below steps to get it rooted.
As far as i know its the only rooting method available, so if anyone has knowledge of other rooting method pls share as it might help in further development.
Here is a screenshot from X1000-
Attachment 2402069

ROOT INSTRUCTIONS!!

Pre-requsite
1.Install proper drivers from here
Code:
"drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6xlBPoXgsR3QVZqVGJQbVRBSGc"
2.Download suitable version of CYDIA IMPACTOR FROM
Code:
cydiaimpactor.com
Steps to ROOT
1.Connect X1000 in USB DEBUGGING MODE(Note: Drivers need to be properly installed)
2.Run Impactor.exe from the cydia impactor zip u downloaded
3.By default you will see "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su"(If not select it from the drop-down menu), click start and let it complete its process.
4.Reboot and you are done

In case of any discrepancy fell free to ask

i soft bricked my xolo x1000..can u tell how to flash ..