ROM FEATURES

-O3 optimizations
strict-aliasing rules
custom performance flags
+30 cherry-picks used
sqlite fsync hack by dorimanx
white UI (following kitkat design)

CHANGELOG

These builds are hosted in my private account at MediaFire (purchased account - 120GB | no ads and really fast downloads!)

(buildbot: intel core i7 3770k@4.6Ghz, asus p8z77-v, 8gb corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz cl9, sapphire hd7970 dual-x, 2x samsung 128gb ssd 840 pro raid 0 array,
2x western wigital wd3200aaks raid 0 array, samsung f1 1tb, silverstone olympia 1000w psu, antec 1200 high-tower)

(wc setup: swiftech apogee xt cpu-block, black-ice gtx-lite 240 radiator, 2x noiseblocker eloop b12-3 1900rpm fans, swiftech mcp355 water-pump, danger den 5.25" reservoir bay)

(Linux Mint 16 "Petra" x64 3.13.1)

DONATIONS

Please consider helping with this project development and hosting, by giving a small donation...

http://infectedbuilds.com is almost complete. i will try to get it up and running at full throttle by the end of this week.
i will need to buy a new dedicated hosting service... looking into the ones users suggested.

you can check the progress made by webdev @Jflima at his github: https://github.com/Jflima92/Omni

so, please donate what you can, so this project goes forward, and keeps getting better, and better.

you can donate, using this link: DONATE

thank you all,

regards.

infected_
Disclaimer:

These builds are freshly compiled/synced from Omni Rom open-source code:
https://github.com/omnirom

latest linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 used to compile the kernel code & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.3 to compile ROM code

Special Thanks

nims11, herna
Omni Rom Dev Team

ez1k.png
e9i6.png
xr6p.png
oxra.png
9wnm.png
ms0k.png

Last edited:

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
xr6p.png

What is Omni ROM ?

Omni Rom Introduction
Omni Rom Homepage
Omni Rom Wiki
Omni Github
Omni Gerrit Code Review
Omni Bugtracker

Disclaimer

As you all know, every human being is responsible for their own action and reactions, so you are flashing this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible for anything unexpected that happens to your device.

Downloads

i9100 Linaro/SaberMod Omni ROM NIGHTLY BUILDS
Gapps

Root Access
SuperSu

Installation Instructions

First Time User of Omni Rom

1. First of all download all 3 zip files and place them in your SD-card (Internal or external)
2. Backup of your current ROM
3. Wipe data/factory reset, wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache
4. Install zips from sd card, Omni ROM, Gapps and Super SU.
5. Reboot your device and wait until it boots, it might take some time to boot

- Already On Omni ROM

1. First of all download all 3 zip and put it in your SD-card (Internal or external)
3. Wipe system, wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache
4. Install zip from SD-card, Flash Omni ROM, Gapps and Super SU.
5. Reboot your device and you are good to go.

Working/Not Working

This are early nightly builds, so don't expect that everything will work as a stable release or have all the functions/options.

Last edited:

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?

These are unofficial builds of Omni Rom 4.4 for the i9100.
ROM is built using the same source code (github) like the official one but with these following additions:
  • Compiled using latest linaro arm-eabi 4.7.4 (kernel code) & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi 4.8.3 (rom code) toolchain compilers
  • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?

The term "SaberMod" is coming from:

SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124 . Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2158698

What is Linaro?

Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/

About GCC main compiler cflags
-O1
Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.

Last edited:

leechseed

Jun 27, 2012
Please add 'Known Bug List' (guess atm same as nims11 builds) - thanks.

Downloading... Seems to take its time. ;)

Slim-4.3.1||i9100¬Tapa2

Last edited:
Reactions: pippoparecchio

ruicc

Jan 8, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
Mate, add gapps in the OP, and a little how to...

A lot of people are changing from Dalvik to ART, it would be good some info and problems about this...

Last edited:

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
I will trie. Can you add toggles to change?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

code will be compiled as it is, from omni git. if they add toggles, then this builds will have toggles.

the only change for now, until i patch the build to compile the ROM code with linaro/sabermod, is the kernel code that's compiled with linaro arm-eabi 4.7.4 201310

galangdj

Oct 17, 2011
Cebu
dorelljames.com
Following thread. Hope OP gets updated with more details especially with what gapps to use. Or is anyone so kind there to spoonfeed me? Haha. And also guide me to be able to get ART working. Well, thanks a lot guys. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

ruicc

Jan 8, 2008
GB
meettomy.site

farisyi1

Dec 18, 2012
Depok
Mobile data didn't worked :what: but @nims11 build worked fine. I've tested both :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i9100 OMNI ROM 4.4.2 LINARO/SABERMOD WEEKLY BUILDS

Nightly Build 4.4.2 20140213 is ONLINE

Build/Sync Date: Feb 13 2014 07h:xx GMT+00h:00 Lisbon

DOWNLOAD
    (Goo.im - Main Mirror)

DOWNLOAD
    (AFH - Backup Mirror)

(md5sum included with all builds)

HOMEPAGE

http://infectedbuilds.com

Kernel code compiled with linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 201404 toolchain
    ROM code compiled with sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.3 201404 toolchain

ROM FEATURES

-O3 optimizations
    strict-aliasing rules
    custom performance flags
    +30 cherry-picks used
    sqlite fsync hack by dorimanx
    white UI (following kitkat design)

CHANGELOG

These builds are hosted in my private account at MediaFire (purchased account - 120GB | no ads and really fast downloads!)

(buildbot: intel core i7 3770k@4.6Ghz, asus p8z77-v, 8gb corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz cl9, sapphire hd7970 dual-x, 2x samsung 128gb ssd 840 pro raid 0 array,
    2x western wigital wd3200aaks raid 0 array, samsung f1 1tb, silverstone olympia 1000w psu, antec 1200 high-tower)

(wc setup: swiftech apogee xt cpu-block, black-ice gtx-lite 240 radiator, 2x noiseblocker eloop b12-3 1900rpm fans, swiftech mcp355 water-pump, danger den 5.25" reservoir bay)

(Linux Mint 16 "Petra" x64 3.13.1)

DONATIONS

Please consider helping with this project development and hosting, by giving a small donation...

http://infectedbuilds.com is almost complete. i will try to get it up and running at full throttle by the end of this week.
    i will need to buy a new dedicated hosting service... looking into the ones users suggested.

you can check the progress made by webdev @Jflima at his github: https://github.com/Jflima92/Omni

so, please donate what you can, so this project goes forward, and keeps getting better, and better.

you can donate, using this link: DONATE

thank you all,

regards.

infected_
    Disclaimer:

These builds are freshly compiled/synced from Omni Rom open-source code:
    https://github.com/omnirom

latest linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 used to compile the kernel code & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.3 to compile ROM code

Special Thanks

nims11, herna
    Omni Rom Dev Team

ez1k.png
    e9i6.png
    xr6p.png
    oxra.png
    9wnm.png
    ms0k.png
    xr6p.png

What is Omni ROM ?

Omni Rom Introduction
    Omni Rom Homepage
    Omni Rom Wiki
    Omni Github
    Omni Gerrit Code Review
    Omni Bugtracker

Disclaimer

As you all know, every human being is responsible for their own action and reactions, so you are flashing this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible for anything unexpected that happens to your device.

Downloads

i9100 Linaro/SaberMod Omni ROM NIGHTLY BUILDS
    Gapps

Root Access
    SuperSu

Installation Instructions

First Time User of Omni Rom

1. First of all download all 3 zip files and place them in your SD-card (Internal or external)
    3. Wipe data/factory reset, wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache
    4. Install zips from sd card, Omni ROM, Gapps and Super SU.
    5. Reboot your device and wait until it boots, it might take some time to boot

- Already On Omni ROM

1. First of all download all 3 zip and put it in your SD-card (Internal or external)
    3. Wipe system, wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache
    4. Install zip from SD-card, Flash Omni ROM, Gapps and Super SU.
    5. Reboot your device and you are good to go.

Working/Not Working

This are early nightly builds, so don't expect that everything will work as a stable release or have all the functions/options.
    F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?

These are unofficial builds of Omni Rom 4.4 for the i9100.
    ROM is built using the same source code (github) like the official one but with these following additions:
    • Compiled using latest linaro arm-eabi 4.7.4 (kernel code) & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi 4.8.3 (rom code) toolchain compilers
    • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
    A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?

The term "SaberMod" is coming from:

SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124 . Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2158698

What is Linaro?

Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
    Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/

About GCC main compiler cflags
    -O1
    Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
    Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
    Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
    Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.
    build 4.4.1 20131206 is up!

:cowboy:
    ok.. good news.

linaro/sabermod Omni Rom builds will continue.

my good friend @herna is getting back on is feet, leaving the "rainy days" behind, and slowly getting back to business... :)

compiling 20140110 as we speak.

show our/your support to @herna.. i'm sure he will we very happy to know, that we all on this thread, are with him, even on rainy days...

regards.