I'm experiencing some problems with my Xperia ZQ (C6503), which I bought less than a month ago, and would like to know if someone could help me, I'm getting desperate
When turning on the phone, it displays the SONY logo (or DooMLoRD's, if I install TWRP recovery) for about 3 or 4 seconds, then shuts down (I can't even get to the boot animation, where there's the XPERIA logo and the waves).
The only way to get it to boot is turning it on while having the USB cable connected to a charger or PC. It will work just fine until I unplug it.
At this point, if I leave it alone and only access the home screen or SMS app, it will remain on until the battery is fully discharged. However, if I open any other app like WiFi networks, camera, contacts etc., it WILL shut down and I'll have to plug it again to be able to boot up...
What I did with the phone before this happened:
- Rooted using DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit and used it for a few days
- Unlocked boot loader with Flashtool
- Flashed DooMLoRD's CWM-Based Recovery 184.108.40.206
- Installed AOKP MR1 Milestone 2 (Android 4.2.2) and used it for a couple weeks
What I did trying to solve the problem:
- Wiped data/cache/dalvik cache
- Flashed various stock brazilian ROMs through Flashtool (10.3.A.1.434, 10.3.1.A.2.67 and 10.3.A.0.423) countless times
- Flashed AOKP again
- Restored to 10.3.1.A.2.67 using Sony Update Service (had to relock the bootloader with Flashtool)
- Tried updating using Sony PC Companion but it said I'm already in the latest version
- Tried to use Sony Emma but I can't get login credentials (I'm not receiving the confirmation e-mail)
I followed some instructions for similar problems in the Q&A forum but most of them end saying the owner had to send the phone to warranty, but they never say what's the outcome...
Do you think I'll have to do the same? If so, is there anything more to before sending it, other than relocking the bootloader and flashing stock firmware?
Thanks and sorry for the lengthy thread