IO root is the way to go
Originally Posted by shakattack
Should I use IO Root, wait for Kingo to update, or wait for something else?
I just did ioroot and it took me like no time at all, you just gotta make sure you have everything you need to make it.
1. android sdk downloaded and extracted somewhere in your computer
2.usb driver for lg
3. ioroot11 zip downloaded and then extracted preferably in desktop so its easy to find(the reason you need ioroot 11 is because it has the files needed for sprint)
4. plug the phone in mtp mode
5. usb debugging enabled, to do this you have to go into settings, about phone and hit build number until you see a message that says you have enabled developer options, hit back twice and go into developer option and enable usb debugging.
6. follow the instructions on ioroot thread inside here the sprint forum.
i also dowloaded the img file for twrp recovery, placed it on the root of the memory and after the phonewas rooted flashed it with an app from the market called flashify.
then you should be gloden, but honestly i think it took me less than two minutes to do.