Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,398 Members 39,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL] How To Install CWM on Galaxy Fame GT-S6810

Tip us?
 
cleverior.ipul
Old
(Last edited by cleverior.ipul; 23rd November 2013 at 04:00 PM.)
#1  
cleverior.ipul's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 320
Posts: 389
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bogor
Default [TUTORIAL] How To Install CWM on Galaxy Fame GT-S6810


Hello guys.. In this thread, i will share tutorial about How To Install ClockWorkMod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Fame GT-S6810. So, let's check this out...

Things Required :
  1. Galaxy Fame that already rooted
  2. Terminal Emulator (u can download it from playstore)
  3. CWM File. Put it on /sdcard. (not extSdcard)


Steps :
  1. Make sure ur galaxy fame already rooted
  2. Open Terminal Emulator and type this :
    Code:
    $ su
    # dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/bak_recovery.img
    # dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/bak_recovery.img is for backup up stock recovery
  3. CWM is installed. To check it, type "reboot recovery" to go to cwm. (without quotes)

Screenshot :
Quote:
bug :
 
- error restore /data


Thanks to : Allah SWT
Credits :
  • Baca Yang Bener
  • Awan Syabani (for tester )
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cleverior.ipul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
davexd97
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jun 2013
thanks , it worked for me
 
Vkas Raj
Old
#3  
Vkas Raj's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 99
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Question BUG.

Is there any type of bug present on this recovery ???????????????

can i use this recovery on my Galaxy Fame Gt-S6812 (Duos)
 
cleverior.ipul
Old
#4  
cleverior.ipul's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 320
Posts: 389
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bogor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkas Raj View Post
Is there any type of bug present on this recovery ???????????????

can i use this recovery on my Galaxy Fame Gt-S6812 (Duos)
i dont know bro. is fame duos already has cwm ? cz fame with fame duos is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davexd97 View Post
thanks , it worked for me
u r welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to cleverior.ipul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vkas Raj
Old
#5  
Vkas Raj's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 99
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
yes there is a recovery present for both 6810 & 6812 but it has some bugs >>>>>>>>>>>>
Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495467

will this recovery installed permanently or temporary ??????????????

will you be uploading some more stuff for this phone ???????

Thankyou !!!!!!!!!!
 
cleverior.ipul
Old
#6  
cleverior.ipul's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 320
Posts: 389
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bogor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkas Raj View Post
yes there is a recovery present for both 6810 & 6812 but it has some bugs >>>>>>>>>>>>
Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495467

will this recovery installed permanently or temporary ??????????????

will you be uploading some more stuff for this phone ???????

Thankyou !!!!!!!!!!
hmm... Would you be a tester for my cwm installer app ? if yes, i'll send u pm.
 
Vkas Raj
Old
#7  
Vkas Raj's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 99
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverior.ipul View Post
hmm... Would you be a tester for my cwm installer app ? if yes, i'll send u pm.
Yes ,,,,
Happily , i will be your CWM tester !!!!!
Q. will your installer flash recovery permannetly or temporary?

I Will Support Anything which is Developing For this PHONE.................
 
corsicanu
Old
(Last edited by corsicanu; 25th November 2013 at 02:37 PM.)
#8  
corsicanu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 477
Posts: 305
Join Date: May 2012
Location: București
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkas Raj View Post
Yes ,,,,
Happily , i will be your CWM tester !!!!!
Q. will your installer flash recovery permannetly or temporary?
It`s permanent CWM.. I`ll attach an odin package for this recovery to make it easier.
Just unzip it and put it on the pda tab in Odin 3.07 and flash it.


As i said here i'm working on a rom.. For now i managed to deodex all apps and frameworks and remove some of the bloatware.. And it`s fully working.. I`ll mod it in a few days and upload it.
Meanwhile, as a homework, gather around to open a thread for this device
Cheers!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip cwm6.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.92 MB, 606 views)
Don`t say, just press
Current phones:
 
Galaxy S II i9100:
Rom: NamelessROM- Latest Nightly
Kernel: Stock

iPhone 5
iOS: 7.0.6
Jailbroken: Yes/Untethered
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cleverior.ipul
Old
#9  
cleverior.ipul's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 320
Posts: 389
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bogor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkas Raj View Post
Yes ,,,,
Happily , i will be your CWM tester !!!!!
Q. will your installer flash recovery permannetly or temporary?

I Will Support Anything which is Developing For this PHONE.................
have u root ur fame ?

its cwm permanent.
 
Vkas Raj
Old
#10  
Vkas Raj's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 99
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsicanu View Post
It`s permanent CWM.. I`ll attach an odin package for this recovery to make it easier.
Just unzip it and put it on the pda tab in Odin 3.07 and flash it.


As i said here i'm working on a rom.. For now i managed to deodex all apps and frameworks and remove some of the bloatware.. And it`s fully working.. I`ll mod it in a few days and upload it.
Meanwhile, as a homework, gather around to open a thread for this device
Cheers!!
Root is required for ODIN flashing or not ?

will it work for Galaxy Fame 6812.............
or any type of bug on this CWM...

Tags
cwm, galaxy fame, gt-s6810
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes