[Q] Original Android Development

Search This thread

jemi9

Aug 13, 2010
Hello, can somebody please tell me the difference between "Nexus 5 Android Development" and "Nexus 5 Original Android Development"?

bilago

Jul 28, 2008
Vista
Hello, can somebody please tell me the difference between "Nexus 5 Android Development" and "Nexus 5 Original Android Development"?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Original Development would be a section where coders who write android programs/Roms/Kernel from scratch/AOSP, opposed to writing hacks/modifications/unofficial nightlies for pre-existing software originally written by someone else.

Reactions: jemi9

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Original Development would be a section where coders who write android programs/Roms/Kernel from scratch/AOSP, opposed to writing hacks/modifications/unofficial nightlies for pre-existing software originally written by someone else.

Petty much.

Although in "original" the meaning is that the larger percentage of it is your work. If you take kernel source (with permission and credits etc) and add a couple of functions to it, then that is not original. But if you take it and add substantial functions such as dual boot, works on Stock/AOSP and then some - perhaps you can argue it is different enough from the original to be original again

Reactions: jemi9

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
And I found it at the end of the document xD. Thanks to all for answering.

In other forums like Gnexus, galaxy S or Htc magic, there wasn't two sepparate development sections I think.

Thks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That means you read it all:thumbup:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Petty much.

Although in "original" the meaning is that the larger percentage of it is your work. If you take kernel source (with permission and credits etc) and add a couple of functions to it, then that is not original. But if you take it and add substantial functions such as dual boot, works on Stock/AOSP and then some - perhaps you can argue it is different enough from the original to be original again