Change LED color at boot

Search This thread

CyberpunkShadow

Aug 1, 2012
So the title says it al, is there any way to change the color of the green led when the phone is booting up? Is that ROM dependent or not? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: призрак

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
If you are willing to hardware mod your atrix, it can be done, but it will alter all colors. You need to identify which terminal of thr led corresponds to the green color and switch it wit another color. But, as i said, it will change all color schemes of the led...

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: CyberpunkShadow

CyberpunkShadow

Aug 1, 2012
Why da fuq do you want to change the led boot color? sorry but it is a complete fail this post. :good:

Well I could ask the same question about other mods. I have not seen anyone else ask about this so you could say this was helpful.
However, hardware modifications are well out of my comfort zone so if that's the only option I won't do it.

Thank you for your kernels by the way!

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: призрак

voxluna

Jan 3, 2009
SE Michigan
en.wikipedia.org
manufacturer related. no customization known
If you are willing to hardware mod your atrix, it can be done, but it will alter all colors. You need to identify which terminal of thr led corresponds to the green color and switch it wit another color. But, as i said, it will change all color schemes of the led...
It seems odd that, with all the other things you can customize, this one would not be possible. Not to question anyone's personal knowledge, but is there a link where I could read a further explanation and verify it?

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Why da fuq do you want to change the led boot color? sorry but it is a complete fail this post. :good:
Why not? :p

Seriously, why flash CyanogenMod? Why root at all?

In my case, the reason is I'm trying to change my AT&T "branded" LED -- pulsing green-cyan -- to the color T-Mobile uses. Just a few of these steps and you've renovated the boot animation sequence.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
It seems odd that, with all the other things you can customize, this one would not be possible. Not to question anyone's personal knowledge, but is there a link where I could read a further explanation and verify it?

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

In my case, the reason is I'm trying to change my AT&T "branded" LED -- pulsing green-cyan -- to the color T-Mobile uses. Just a few of these steps and you've renovated the boot animation sequence.

Yes, changing the initial boot logo, the boot animation to include sound, has been something that has been done for quite some time. your link is a bit pointless, for all it is is your request for more help in looking into the changing of the LED color when this has already been addressed in this thread.

Why flash CM at all? To have an option to alternate versions of an official release, to have an option at upgrading to versions of android not released by the manufacturer. Why root at all? Why ask that when there are wikis and many threads explaining what root is and what it is used for.

Per your request, have you tried looking at this? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688981

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba

On secont though, I guess flashing an non-att sbf will give you another bootloader, therefore changing the led color at boot. I assume the color is hardcoded into the bootloader, but since we can't modify it (theorethically), that's all you can do. As for the hardware mod, my source is my knowledge, I'm an electronics technician

Top Liked Posts