Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][TUTORIAL] Easy Root & ADB Driver

Tip us?

Harfainx
Old
(Last edited by Harfainx; 30th January 2014 at 10:45 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 597
Default [ROOT][TUTORIAL] Easy Root & ADB Driver

Due to concerns about the security of a previously shared program, I've pulled the link and info. Please use the following that was shared out from jcase (for some reason it won't let me mention).

If you need to root your stock ROM, please use the method that was posted by in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2539930

Here's the quote about the information there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase View Post
Thanks to Saurik and Giantpune for contributing (ie its based on their research)

Install apk, run apk wait 1 minute, install supersu app from market then uninstall with this command

adb uninstall com.qualcomm.privinit
Install the app that's attached (also from jcase's thread).

Run the apk, then wait a minute.

Go to the Play Store and download SuperSU.

Go into SuperSU and make sure you have root permissions. Test an app or two.

Remove the app from your phone when you get a chance.
Use the adb command "adb uninstall com.qualcomm.privinit" without the quotes.
You can use also remove it manually a few ways without adb.

--

You can also flash a ROM (even stock ROM) with TWRP and it will ask you if you want to root it. You can select to root with it and then you'll be fine without any need for installation yourself. When I used that method on my last install, I had to reboot my phone to get root to show up. It told me that I wasn't rooted on first boot. Just a simple reboot fixed the problem.

-------------------------------------------------------

Windows ADB Driver:
If you haven't installed ADB drivers for your N1, you can find them here:
https://dc381.4shared.com/download/A...er_windows.zip

Download, extract the folder, and then point your drivers to the android_winusb.inf. Then you should be setup for ADB.

** I will update this as needed. Please let me know if I forgot/missed anything, or if you have anything to add. This requires very little knowledge of Android, and you don't even need the Android SDK installed.

-------------------------------------------------------

Updates/changes:
2013.12.10 - Removed link and information to a program. Updated information reflect other method.
2014.01.30 - Changed link to Windows ADB driver. Oppo took their link down yesterday.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Oppown-build3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (368.9 KB, 240 views)
team d3rp

ArchosFans Forum OnePlus Forum
Archos Gamepad 2 OUYA Nexus 10 Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One HTC One M8 HK (Sprint) Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint)

Recycled phones: Oppo N1, HTC One M7, HTC EVO 4G LTE, SGS3, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, LG Rumor 2, + Older
Recycled Tablets: Archos Gamepad, Nexus 7 (2012), Archos G9 101, Archos G8 101, Archos 9 PC, Archos 5 (Android)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harfainx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3093
Good stuff and can't wait to get mine soon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

dank101
Old
(Last edited by poyensa; 25th November 2013 at 06:25 PM.) Reason: removed OP quote
Thanks Meter 94
I don't trust this, some pics would be nice... kinguser is installed by kingoroot... a VERY suspicious software VERY suspicious

Harfainx
Old
(Last edited by Harfainx; 23rd November 2013 at 07:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank101 View Post
I don't trust this, some pics would be nice... kinguser is installed by kingoroot... a VERY suspicious software VERY suspicious
Feel free to use other methods if you don't trust this one. I wouldn't share it if it was unsafe.

Also, with a custom recovery you could just flash a different ROM or SuperSU directly.

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk
team d3rp

Recycled phones: Oppo N1, HTC One M7, HTC EVO 4G LTE, SGS3, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, LG Rumor 2, + Older
Recycled Tablets: Archos Gamepad, Nexus 7 (2012), Archos G9 101, Archos G8 101, Archos 9 PC, Archos 5 (Android)

dank101
Old
(Last edited by dank101; 25th November 2013 at 07:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 94
it just seems like kingoroot too much, main suspicion

Dees_Troy
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9157

DONATE TO ME
jcase posted an apk that provides root without needing a computer that is probably much safer than this. The stock recovery provides a rooted shell out of the box. It would be easy to use that to install SuperSU or something. You can also flash & boot TWRP then hit reboot system and let TWRP install SuperSU & root your device. No need for installing a somewhat suspect root application like this.

dank101
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy View Post
jcase posted an apk that provides root without needing a computer that is probably much safer than this. The stock recovery provides a rooted shell out of the box. It would be easy to use that to install SuperSU or something. You can also flash & boot TWRP then hit reboot system and let TWRP install SuperSU & root your device. No need for installing a somewhat suspect root application like this.
I agree, and it seems to much like kingoroot

Harfainx
Old
Thanks Meter 597
I've updated the OP and pulled the information about the suspicious app. I personally think that it's fine, but if there is suspicion, I would rather be safe and remove it.

I've used the information the @jcase posted instead. The adb drivers are still there though.
team d3rp

rayfin
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
I should have backed up the stock recovery image, I didn't. Anyone happen to have it?
Current Devices:
Moto X, Oppo Find 7a, Nexus 7 2013

Past Devices:
HTC Droid DNA, Nexus 7 2012, Acer Iconia A500, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Incredible

Circle me on Google+

Harfainx
Old
(Last edited by Harfainx; 10th December 2013 at 04:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 597
I do have the stock recovery image, and I'm also about to post a how-to for installing CM on TWRP.

Edit: The thread is here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2553165
team d3rp