XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] touchscreen sometimes not responding

Tip us?

dmfjansen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] touchscreen sometimes not responding

2 weeks ago I broke my screen on my n7100. I was lucky and my touch screen was not broken. I have repaired the screen and it's working again. But now I have the following issue. Very often my touch screen freezes out of the blue. Nothing works on the screen. I have to turn it off (not completely) and when I push the home button everything works again.

Does anyone know how to fix this? In my opinion it cant be the new screen, because it emidatedly works again after switching on and of as explained above.

How can help?

Other question. Is my warranty now void once I have repaired the screen my self?

shhbz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfjansen View Post
2 weeks ago I broke my screen on my n7100. I was lucky and my touch screen was not broken. I have repaired the screen and it's working again. But now I have the following issue. Very often my touch screen freezes out of the blue. Nothing works on the screen. I have to turn it off (not completely) and when I push the home button everything works again.

Does anyone know how to fix this? In my opinion it cant be the new screen, because it emidatedly works again after switching on and of as explained above.

How can help?

Other question. Is my warranty now void once I have repaired the screen my self?
have you tried the samsung test as in *#0*# and if all fine try to flash rom fresh

The Following User Says Thank You to shhbz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]