[Q] Can not run priviliged command and can not boot into recovery mode

Tip us?

newman93004
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can not run priviliged command and can not boot into recovery mode

Hi,

I've a Verizon LG G2, after I rooted it, superuser got root access but I can not boot the phone into recovery mode. Root Checker said that the device has root access. Can not go into recovery mode using ROM Manager. Can not backup current ROM, I got the green guy with red exclamation mark and no command on the screen. And it stopped there, I had to hold down the power button for 10 second to reboot again. Please advise how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

fma965
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1322

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by newman93004 View Post
Hi,

I've a Verizon LG G2, after I rooted it, superuser got root access but I can not boot the phone into recovery mode. Root Checker said that the device has root access. Can not go into recovery mode using ROM Manager. Can not backup current ROM, I got the green guy with red exclamation mark and no command on the screen. And it stopped there, I had to hold down the power button for 10 second to reboot again. Please advise how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Kevin
did you install a recovery?

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY MAKE SURE YOU TYPE "@Fma965" OR "QUOTE" MY POST

LG G2 SPECIFIC STUFF
Stock Firmware Mirror --- ROM Patcher

XPERIA PLAY SPECIFIC STUFF
My Website --- My Twitter --- My Threads

newman93004
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, I download it Rom Manager and can not backup my ROM either.

Intub8
Old
Thanks Meter 180
people have reported problems with rom manager. head on over to the g2 original develpoment section and check out the twrp thread. I downloaded my recovery and installed it with flashify from the app store. had no problems. I have the d800 so just read everything for the verizon model and you should be ok.

leroybrute
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by newman93004 View Post
Hi,

Thanks,

Kevin
You need to install a recovery. This is twrp.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449670
SCH-I605, SCH-I545
LS980 2

newman93004
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default twrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intub8 View Post
people have reported problems with rom manager. head on over to the g2 original develpoment section and check out the twrp thread. I downloaded my recovery and installed it with flashify from the app store. had no problems. I have the d800 so just read everything for the verizon model and you should be ok.
Hi,

I downloaded flashify and it installed correctly with root access. Please provide detail instructions on how to install TWRP using flashify. I very much appreciate your helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

newman93004
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank You

Hello,

Thanks for all your help, I have installed twrp and now my phone is able to boot into recovery mode.

Kevin