FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] How do I root the Samsung Galaxy Light SGH T399

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By SloppyFloppy, Junior Member on 23rd November 2013, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
How do I root the Samsung Galaxy Light SGH T399?

I've followed the guides to root the GS4 but I don't want to brick this GL. Any pointers?
Thank you.
 
 
24th November 2013, 09:36 AM |#2  
SloppyFloppy's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I don't have to have a recovery image just yet but root would be nice.
28th November 2013, 05:58 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyFloppy

I don't have to have a recovery image just yet but root would be nice.

Don't do it. My friend tried to do it and now it stuck on the Samsung greeting Screen. I wonder if you guys could give me the backup recovery image and stock ROM for this phone so I could try to fix it?
Thanks.
29th November 2013, 03:51 AM |#4  
SloppyFloppy's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddude8

Don't do it. My friend tried to do it and now it stuck on the Samsung greeting Screen. I wonder if you guys could give me the backup recovery image and stock ROM for this phone so I could try to fix it?
Thanks.

Did you try to flash a new recovery with Odin? I was told to only try an adb sideload root for now.
29th November 2013, 04:56 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Smile
I can't even do that as I can't find the stock recovery image. Were you successful with your adb sideload root?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyFloppy

Did you try to flash a new recovery with Odin? I was told to only try an adb sideload root for now.

29th November 2013, 03:23 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 309
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddude8

I can't even do that as I can't find the stock recovery image. Were you successful with your adb sideload root?

Search play store for SRT Apscanner and please tell me if any bugs say vulnerable
The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2013, 04:53 PM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
You can try the Chainfire SuperSU
2nd December 2013, 06:32 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddude8

Don't do it. My friend tried to do it and now it stuck on the Samsung greeting Screen.

What rooting method did your friend try that didn't work?
3rd December 2013, 08:57 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Is there any update regarding the root?
4th December 2013, 05:33 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bump... I need root too!
4th December 2013, 10:26 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyFloppy

How do I root the Samsung Galaxy Light SGH T399?

I've followed the guides to root the GS4 but I don't want to brick this GL. Any pointers?
Thank you.

I'm hoping someone figures this out, too

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-light

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes