Is this even legit?
25th January 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #132  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 549

1,606 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is this true?

"I would if not for the fact there is no development for it and it has a locked bootloader which means it will never get a custom ROM unless it's TW based. But yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about it. Sure beats the Exhibit which unfortunately isn't hard to do as we all know so well. :-p"

Edit: haha answered my own question thank you Google!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/09...-lg-g2-models/

Sent from my SGH-T399 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by tazmaniondvl; 25th January 2014 at 09:13 PM.
26th January 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #133  
Flag Phoenix

1,606 posts
Donate to Me
More
im currently trying every root method out there, and so far none have worked. i wonder if its because our bootloader is locked anyone have insight?
27th January 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #134  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonoid111

Is this even legit?

I found this too. The official statement from this product saying they've added support for Samsung SGH-T399 is posted in a GSM forum HERE. The OP has some youtube videos showing the software and unlocking the phone's IMEI and stuff.

However, there is a note: Before performing "Direct Unlock" ("Repair IMEI", "Repair Network", "Read Security", "Write Security", "Read EFS", "Write EFS") operation for SGH-T399, you need to root the phone manually or write special firmware "SGH-T399_for_Unlock_and_IMEI_Repair" from Support Area.

Plus, one of the first replies to the tread was a user who tried it on the T399. I joined the site and asked this user who had successfully unlocked his phone using this software if this was legit. Turns out he managed to unlock the phone, but has not tried root. He suggested for me to try flashing the support file which has root incorporated. I told him to send me the flash file, if he can. We'll see what happens. That flash file might have what we need to get in. It might not work because their files come in proprietary extensions (Octopus OCT files for Octopus Box).
27th January 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #135  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 32

371 posts
More
SIM Unlock YouTube
I saw this on YouTube yesterday regarding unlocking -

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
Last edited by GJSmith3rd; 27th January 2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Change to YouTube object from URL
27th January 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #136  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,122

4,666 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasamour

I found this too. The official statement from this product saying they've added support for Samsung SGH-T399 is posted in a GSM forum HERE. The OP has some youtube videos showing the software and unlocking the phone's IMEI and stuff.

However, there is a note: Before performing "Direct Unlock" ("Repair IMEI", "Repair Network", "Read Security", "Write Security", "Read EFS", "Write EFS") operation for SGH-T399, you need to root the phone manually or write special firmware "SGH-T399_for_Unlock_and_IMEI_Repair" from Support Area.

Plus, one of the first replies to the tread was a user who tried it on the T399. I joined the site and asked this user who had successfully unlocked his phone using this software if this was legit. Turns out he managed to unlock the phone, but has not tried root. He suggested for me to try flashing the support file which has root incorporated. I told him to send me the flash file, if he can. We'll see what happens. That flash file might have what we need to get in. It might not work because their files come in proprietary extensions (Octopus OCT files for Octopus Box).

if he is able to root using it i can port cwm and everyone can root then.
The Following User Says Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #137  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 32

371 posts
More
OK - Since I can't delete this accidental and redundant post created with the Tapatalk app, without mod or admin assistance, I'll just post another link regarding hard resetting:

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasamour

Maybe these YouTube videos can help?

Last edited by GJSmith3rd; 27th January 2014 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Accidental self quote from TapaTalk app...
28th January 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #138  
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
Love following thread. Every device I've owned was always established as root before I owned. Very fascinating watching as it develops. Hoping for a happy ending and am willing to beta or alpha? test any solutions the community comes up with. Also will throw a little cash don at anyone as way of saying thanks. Cheers and good luck!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #139  
Thanks Meter: 4

58 posts
t-mobile
Has anyone requested from t-mobile, the unlock code?
bg
29th January 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #140  
Flag Phoenix

1,606 posts
Donate to Me
More
Why Wii needs to use it on another network

Sent from my SGH-T399 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-light