XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ported roms?

Tip us?

scifan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 124
Default [Q] Ported roms?

I bought a ZL that I intend to run on T-Mobile.

I haven't read through all of the the rooting specific's... the phone's a non-contract phone so I can unlock it if I need to...

Are there any roms that have been ported over from the C660x platform that work on our C650x phones?

Specifically, has anyone ported a C6606 rom to the C6506 phone?

Based on what I've read thus far, I suspect this is "doable"... but am curious if anyone's tried it...

Would expect there would be some libraries and other framework challenges... but since the hardware is so similar, it seems like a potential slam dunk...

Thoughts?

LiLTrippz
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifan View Post
I bought a ZL that I intend to run on T-Mobile.

I haven't read through all of the the rooting specific's... the phone's a non-contract phone so I can unlock it if I need to...

Are there any roms that have been ported over from the C660x platform that work on our C650x phones?

Specifically, has anyone ported a C6606 rom to the C6506 phone?

Based on what I've read thus far, I suspect this is "doable"... but am curious if anyone's tried it...

Would expect there would be some libraries and other framework challenges... but since the hardware is so similar, it seems like a potential slam dunk...

Thoughts?
You need to first check if you have a unlocked bootloader. if you don't then try rooting the phone, then checking again.

scifan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLTrippz View Post
You need to first check if you have a unlocked bootloader. if you don't then try rooting the phone, then checking again.
I need to backup the TA DRM info before I do much of anything to it... it's a non-contract brand new phone so I believe I can unlock the bootloader... (have all the tools downloaded... but my wife hadn't finished looking it over before I root it and use TiB to restore her apps...