NOTE: Please see new thread with ROMs for Amplifier, HDMI and S/PDIF:
Here is a build of Android 4.4 KitKat based on CM11 from repo sync on 12/14/2013 for TAS5713 (Amplifier) outputs. See the end of this post for details on issues and potential workarounds.
Please go easy on the downloads or mirror these files if desired. They are on my private server so bandwidth is limited.
TAS5713 (Audio Amplifier):
Download: http://www.magicandroidapps.com/down...ad_TAS5713.zip (171MB)
MD5SUM: 422c9a863b9292dd0f2db60f105b4fd1 *cm-11-20131214-UNOFFICIAL-steelhead_TAS5713.zip
SPDIF/HDMI: Sorry, no build available yet.
MD5SUM: 21ef5dffca97cc803ed2351e3b34068d *cm-11.0-recovery.img
Boot into recovery mode:
fastboot boot cm-11.0-recovery.img
1. choose "install zip"
2. choose "install zip from sideload"
adb sideload cm-11-20131214-UNOFFICIAL-steelhead_TAS5713.zip
Sideload gapps if desired:
pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131119-signed.zip http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/r...119-signed.zip (257MB)
From within recovery, "install zip from sideload" and:
adb sideload pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131119-signed.zip
Now, you can "fastboot -w" to wipe, or "fastboot boot recovery.img" to boot into recovery and wipe using the menu.
- Unplug power for Nexus Q and wait about 10 seconds.
- Plug Q back in. Do not put your hand on top of the Q until the small LED on top lights up.
- When the LED lights up on the top of the Q, cover it with your hand until the LED ring turns red. This has to be done in less than one second. If you miss it, try again.
- As soon as the ring is RED, remove your hand, and the Q should be in fastboot mode.
If you keep your hand on the Q while plugging it in, or if you put your hand on it too quickly, it will not enter the bootloader.
Please let me know how these work for you. I'm using these TAS5713 and CM 11 seems to be work, but there are some functional and stability issues.
FUNCTIONAL AND STABILITY ISSUES:
If you find any other issues, please let me know.
- I have seen stuttering occasionally in audio playback in Google Music.
- Chrome Browser in Google Play Store says it's not compatible with this device for some reason. Pulling the .apk off a phone and "adb install" to Nexus Q seems to work fine. Make sure you are using the latest Google Chrome update with KitKat support. The previous version will crash on KitKat.